Has a movie ever made you cry???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are several movies that bring a tear to my eye... and while I don't actually cry, they are very emotional and powerful moments in movies. One not mentioned yet... It's A Wonderful Life. It's interesting why one might cry during a movie; sometimes it is just a very sad or heartfelt moment, but there are other reasons. For instance, when I first watched all three extended editions of the LOTR in one sitting, back to back, tears welled up during the several of the final scenes in Return of the King, and I think they were due more to the emotional impact of finally seeing LOTR brought to life on the screen after having been reading the book for 30 years! It was a moment I never expected to see happen!

i watched eight below and it got to me cuz i really like dogs, besides, its a pretty good movie. another one was the last 30 minutes or so of peter jacksons king kong. the spirit also made me cry......i couldnt belive i had spent 20+ bucks on a crappy film on blu, which i didnt even finish watching.

This movie made me cry..

the_bucket_list_movie_poster_onesheet.jpg

Lot of lessons learned.

It's interesting why one might cry during a movie; sometimes it is just a very sad or heartfelt moment, but there are other reasons.

A thing that often brings tears to my eyes in movies are moments of heroicness...
Like when the hero or heroes must face an enemy, who has a vast majority advantage or seems nigh defeatable. But they still hold to their ideals and don't cower even in the face of death and they fight their battle with nobility and honor!

Those are the moments that often get to me.

I recently had this with Avatar, when Jake gave his speech and they went to gather all the other clans.

But also with movies like Return Of The King, where Theoden gives the speech at the Rohirrim, when they ride into the battle before Minas Tirith...

Basically, it's just to much to mention, because besides those moments I also cry at sad moments and moments that just are beautiful and stuff like that...

I'm not much of a crier. I can't remember the last time I cried at anything (I slammed my thumb in a sliding door when I was about 9 ... I cried then, 'cause it hurt like hell ... is that gonna be close enough?) ... much less at a movie.

But, I have a wife that cries at reality shows, commercials and Lifetime movies -- and two kids (under 5) that cry at bloody everything (I spend half-my-life trying to figure out what everybody's cryin' about!) ...

... so there's enough melodrama around the house without me getting all gooey over a movie.

SnakeDoc

I cried when they announced a nightmare on elm street remake. I cried even more when I saw the trailer and it looked as gash I thought it would

I don't cry but I do develop tears watching these films:

Rudy
The Shawshank Redemption (Tears of joy)
The Blind Side
Braveheart
Forrest Gump
Rocky
Rocky II (Ending)
Rocky Balboa
Cinderella Man
Mystic River
Awakenings
Up

Although not a movie, but LOST can make me emotional at times; not necessarily crying, but choking up and such. Especially watching Seasons 1-3....those season have very emotional scenes throughout the episodes, very character centric driven stories. The music in that show is also amazing and makes certain scenes much more emotional.

But season 4-5 picked up with a lot of action and broader storytelling with less emotion between the characters.

Season 3 of 24 made me feel quite choked up. The whole Hotel scene where they are given a choice to commit suicide or wait for the virus to kill them was very heart wrenching IMO.

Also when Ryan Chapelle is about to die and he's telling jack he has no friends or family. I welled up alot which surprised me because I thought he was a ****** up until that point.

The scene were Forrest talks to Jenny's grave got me the first time I saw it.

The end of Iron Giant almost always gets me.

End of Big Fish is the only film that really got the waterworks going... :lol

The beginning of Up.

Probably a few more that have gotten me a bit teary, but these 4 really stick out in my mind.

My "cry list" -

Life is Beautiful, Saving Private Ryan, Return of the King, Big Fish, Braveheart, Forrest Gump, Schindler's List, and the Wizard of Oz.

im sure there are more but the scene in a knight's tale when heath reveals himself to his blind father after all those years. gets me every damn time...:monkey2

The end of Marley & Me gets me everytime! That film is so reflective of my life and with having a dog its so moving!

Same as Galctiboy, the end of Forest Gump when he talks to Jenny at the grave is so so sad and just makes me weep everytime. I think that is the saddest moment for me in cinema

My "cry list" -

Life is Beautiful, Saving Private Ryan, Return of the King, Big Fish, Braveheart, Forrest Gump, Schindler's List, and the Wizard of Oz.

I was a wreck after Saving Private Ryan and won't rewatch it. And I've never seen Schindler's List because I know I wouldn't be able to handle it.

I cry a lot at movies. I get emotionally invested in them quickly.

But the ones that really got me are (either happy or sad tears):
Schindlers List - That movie destroyed me, I was messed up for days.
Return of the King
Big Fish
Stardust
Saving Private Ryan
The Orphanage
Pan's Labyrinth
Red Dawn
Blackhawk Down

Geez, too many to count! Most recently the beginning of Up, and Star Trek of all things. I cried in the theater, and I was recently playing it at home with my wife (who hadn't seen it yet), and I told myself I would hold it back, especially since I knew what was coming. I was trying really REALLY hard not to cry during the USS Kelvin scene but I just couldn't help myself!

Luckily I was able to hide it from my wife otherwise I would never hear the end of it!

Back