Has a movie ever made you cry???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Bjork's music, she's one of the most creative musicians out there. Maybe if she looked like Beyonce or Shakira she's be popular. :rolleyes:

Got to agree. Her stuff is wonderful, complex, and full of good little bits to keep you interested.

(though I had a crush as a teen based on the video for Big Time Sensuality).

I love Bjork's music, she's one of the most creative musicians out there. Maybe if she looked like Beyonce or Shakira she's be popular. :rolleyes:
I dont think its her looks. ..... its that she acts somewhat looney sometimes.. :lol

No, maybe if she didn't have violent outbursts in airports she wouldn't be so unpopular. Good music? Sure but who cares when you're nuts.

:rock :rock :rock

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/cFGbd0ma_Bo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/cFGbd0ma_Bo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

No, maybe if she didn't have violent outbursts in airports she wouldn't be so unpopular. Good music? Sure but who cares when you're nuts.

Man, half of the great musicians are nuts... we just get it crammed down our throats all the time.

I like Bjork as well, but didn't really care for Dancer in the Dark; honestly didn't have much impact for me when I saw it.

Someone else mentioned Life is Beautiful that one that got me too :lol I think I did ball a bit at the end of that one :monkey2

I would say most good music is made by people who are (at least slightly) nuts.

Beethoven himself wasn't exactly the sanest good time well adjusted fellow. :lecture

I would say ALL good music is made by people who are talented without regard to their personal lives. If its good it's good. Period.

Man, half of the great musicians are nuts... we just get it crammed down our throats all the time.

I like Bjork as well, but didn't really care for Dancer in the Dark; honestly didn't have much impact for me when I saw it.

Someone else mentioned Life is Beautiful that one that got me too :lol I think I did ball a bit at the end of that one :monkey2

I would say most good music is made by people who are (at least slightly) nuts.

Beethoven himself wasn't exactly the sanest good time well adjusted fellow. :lecture

I would say ALL good music is made by people who are talented without regard to their personal lives. If its good it's good. Period.

Just sayin guys. What she did was totally uncalled for and unfortunately met with repercussions. She just seems like a totally unstable person .......... well at least at that moment.

"Welcome to Bangkok" = violence somehow :lol

I do agree though ............. I have always said that drugs and alcohol have a direct effect on the creativity of some of the best music. Being nuts? Well maybe that too. :D

No to me her voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

Agreed, Bjork seems not only unstable, but her voice is whack (in my opinion). I think there are reasons most musicians don't make it mainstream. ;)

And I don't like Beyonce, for the record, but Lady Gaga is a guilty pleasure. :lol

No to me her voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard. :lol
Agreed, I really don't like her vocals :sick

As for films I don't think I've seen many of the ones that have been mentioned so far.
One that springs to mind for me was when I was younger, I watched a film with my dad called 'Who will love my children' and my parents were kind of hard asses. So I was sat there trying to trurn away from him as tears trickled down my face and I didn't want him to see :lol.
I can only remember the storyline, havn't seen it since, I was a kid and I remember it got to me but I hid it well :lol
x :peace

Last edited:
The ending Man on Fire is very sad. The love he has for the girl and that he is willing to lay down his life to save her really hit me.

That movie was very badly reviewed but I Thought Denzel Washingotn and Dakota Fanning were amazing in that movie,

Just realised this is my 3rd or 4th post in this subject. I am a cry baby when it comes to films. I never cry at anything else though and I actually struggle to cry or breakdown when i'm stressed or sad about things.

marvins room, boys on the side, E.T., hunchback of notre dame(disney), whats eating gilbert grape, Rent

and im a grown ass man

As for Bjork, one of my favorite singers, her range and control is crazy. Seen her live not so long ago, awesome show. But I understand why a mainstream audience wouldn't get her.

Bjork is a muse. She has an amazing voice and an insane ability to invent music. I would have loved to see her live in her prime.

A lot of movies can get me to tear up, but the only ones able to shake a tear loose were Hamburger Hill, Peter Jackson's King Kong, and Pan's Labyrinth (which had me wrecked for about a week).

I thought Life is Beautiful would make me cry, but it made me stoic more than anything. Passion of the Christ did the same thing.

As for Bjork, one of my favorite singers, her range and control is crazy. Seen her live not so long ago, awesome show. But I understand why a mainstream audience wouldn't get her.

When people say stuff like that, like "I could understand that you don't get their music" it makes me wanna throw babies into a lake of fire. :banghead That makes it sound as if you get something about her that we don't. That's not the case; I just don't like her music, voice, or attitude.

Back