Has a movie ever made you cry???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished watching El Torino with my dad who is a big Eastwood fan, though does not have the patience to sit through many of today's movies. He wept, thats how powerful that movie is. It is absurd how this movie did not win any academy awards. Easily the best film of the decade in my opinion.

I just finished watching El Torino with my dad who is a big Eastwood fan, though does not have the patience to sit through many of today's movies. He wept, thats how powerful that movie is. It is absurd how this movie did not win any academy awards. Easily the best film of the decade in my opinion.

You know why it didn't win anything? The supporting cast was horrendous. Eastwood was amazing as usual but the rest of the cast sucked ass. Regardless I really liked this movie too.

You know why it didn't win anything? The supporting cast was horrendous. Eastwood was amazing as usual but the rest of the cast sucked ass. Regardless I really liked this movie too.

Perhaps their acting skills were poor, but it still managed to work for me. Perhaps Eastwood carried the movie, but think if having other better trained actors would have taken the emphasis off his characters. I really feel like this movie was lightning in a bottle.

Perhaps their acting skills were poor, but it still managed to work for me. Perhaps Eastwood carried the movie, but think if having other better trained actors would have taken the emphasis off his characters. I really feel like this movie was lightning in a bottle.

Well yeah it worked for me too. Just sayin thats why it didn't win anything (imo). I loved Eastwood in this film but more importantly his style. He's an excellent film maker. Eastwood's the bees knees bro.

Like others Big Fish was huge. And Titanic almost gets me every time. When he is waiting for her in death to come to her. At the top of the steps just waiting. WHOA! Like our love is so deep it doesn't matter who you met or anything. I am here waiting for you. That is love. The deepest kind.

When I watch a movie by myself, if it's even remotely touching I'll cry (I hate to admit it but I cried watching 13 going on 30 yesterday). In public though (in a theatre, or with friends) I rarely cry during a movie outside of maybe Up and Jerry Mcquire for some reason, it's embarrassing now but that "you complete me" scene was touching to me at the time now I just laugh when i see or hear it.

Rocky Balboa was really close but there were these obnoxious teenage jerks sitting in front of me that were mocking one of the touching scenes in the movie that prevented me letting go (they were talking throughout the movie too and basically making fun of the premise of a middle aged guy in the ring so it was hard to get into the film).

It had a happy ending though, my girlfriend at the time actually kicked the guy's chair and they all shut up for the rest of the movie. Hopefully he cried : )

Geez, too many to count! Most recently the beginning of Up, and Star Trek of all things. I cried in the theater, and I was recently playing it at home with my wife (who hadn't seen it yet), and I told myself I would hold it back, especially since I knew what was coming. I was trying really REALLY hard not to cry during the USS Kelvin scene but I just couldn't help myself!

Luckily I was able to hide it from my wife otherwise I would never hear the end of it!

Would she have made fun of you for that? I probably would've just cried along with you. Men crying gets me going everytime.

Like others Big Fish was huge. And Titanic almost gets me every time. When he is waiting for her in death to come to her. At the top of the steps just waiting. WHOA! Like our love is so deep it doesn't matter who you met or anything. I am here waiting for you. That is love. The deepest kind.

Both movies made me tear up, especially that end scene you mention in Titanic.I remember leaving the theatre when i was 17 with my girlfriend,laughing at one another over how red and watered up our eyes/faces looked.Big Fish hit me hard because, my relationship with my father(while good) we, never were like best friends and see things very differently in life/slight tensions, never hang out much together etc.

It doesn't happen all that often, but you know what movie made me cry when I saw it in theaters? The Iron Giant.

:eek:

I wasn't bawling or anything, but I did wipe away a tear.

Geez, too many to count! Most recently the beginning of Up, and Star Trek of all things

pvp20090512.gif

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Would she have made fun of you for that? I probably would've just cried along with you. Men crying gets me going everytime.

Crying for Star Trek? Definitely.

:rotfl

My wife would be the guy NOT crying (Francis)...

And I was able to keep it together with Rocky Balboa. But the original Rocky? Fugeddaboudit. I started getting misty eyed just talking to my wife about it!

Dancer%20in%20the%20Dark.jpg

I cried a whole day after watching this film. Couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks afterwards.

I love Bjork's music, she's one of the most creative musicians out there. Maybe if she looked like Beyonce or Shakira she's be popular. :rolleyes:

Back