Has anyone ever received a new figure with dead batteries?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judgemebymysize

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi folks, new member and collector here - please move this if it's in the wrong area.

Has anyone ever had dead battery issues with a new figure? I just received my new Hot Toys Rey and BB-8 set, and joyfully went about setting them up for the first time. However when I finally got BB-8's batteries installed, his head didn't light up as it should. At all. I tried the batteries in both ways but no joy, watched several videos online and it seems that nobody else has had issues: install the batteries, flip the switch under the head, happy days.

I'm hoping it's because the batteries that shipped with the toy are faulty in some way and not because the figure itself is defective. Has anyone ever had a toy arrive with batteries that were dead? I've ordered replacements, but they won't arrive til tomorrow. In the meantime, I've packaged the figure up again in case I need to return it.

This is my first ever 1/6 scale figure and I am totally gutted, I was really looking forward to setting it all up but it's already back in the box :(

I get dead batteries in toys since I was a kid, and it certainly has happened with HT figures as well. It's really a non-issue and I'd take that over having other defects on a HT figure, which happens to people more often than you'd think.

buy a replacement battery and test it, might be wiring issues which would be problematic.

yes it has happened to me a few times, you need to test it with new batteries to prove it isnt the figure itself.

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Update: I put in some brand new batteries, but only one of BB-8's lights came on (it should be two). Conclusion: I was sent a toy with dead batteries AND faulty wiring. I'm sending this one back and have a replacement on the way, hopefully I'll have more luck a second time!

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Update: I put in some brand new batteries, but only one of BB-8's lights came on (it should be two). Conclusion: I was sent a toy with dead batteries AND faulty wiring. I'm sending this one back and have a replacement on the way, hopefully I'll have more luck a second time!

"new" batteries can be faulty also. I would invest in a cheap meter and see for yourself what the voltage is just to confirm.

Back