Happy Memorial Day

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Snoopy

Dark Beagle of the Sith
CF Supporter
Reaction score
us_flag.gif

memorialday2011.jpg

To all who have served or are serving now...Thank you.

semper_fi.gif

Semper Fi to my brother and sister Marines.

Last edited:
Yes happy Memorial Day! Lots of military in my family including my great uncle Charlie who is a WWII vet.

Happy Memorial Day! Thank you to all who have served our country, you are all heroes. :clap

Cookout tonight, excited!

Not to be "that guy", but isn't Memorial Day more of a solemn holiday rather than a "happy" one?

Not to be "that guy", but isn't Memorial Day more of a solemn holiday rather than a "happy" one?
Memorial Day solemn? Naaaah...It pays repect to the men and women who have serve or have served in this countries military,not just those who've died.

Last edited by a moderator:

Solemn Memorial Day to you Kabukiman.

:lol

I get where you're coming from Kabukiman. Its a 2 sided coin for sure. Solemn that we need the great sacrifices that were and will continue to need, but happy that there have been and continue to be better men and women than myself to protect and fight for it.

Thanks to anyone out there who have committed a chunk of their life defending this nation! Myself, I was always too selfish a person to sign up and serve, but my special thanks to my 2 grandfathers (whom passed before I was born) my father and my brother who all have served! Bette rinclude my father and brother in law too!

Last edited:
It's a solemn occaission but those lives were given to protect our happiness. Observing what is painful about it is important, but celebrating what they fought for is as important.

And it isn't a day to honor all who have served. That is what Veteran's Day is for. Memorial Day is for remembering those who no longer live, whether they died fighting, or after the fighting was done. It is a day to honor those soldiers who have fallen.

But I don't think they'd be honored by mourning. As long as people don't forget why it's a holiday, all is well and good.

Back