Happy Memorial Day

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Visiting the Vietnam Veterans Memorial was one of the most humbling experiences of my life. It's unbelievable, even in 2011 (March, when this pic was taken) people still leave letters pray at the wall. The number of lives directly affected by that war is just unfathomable.
dscn1567w.jpg

That experience paled comparison to the next morning when I came face to face with the true cost of freedom.
dscn1662g.jpg

Today I remember my Grandpa, who served in WWII as a mechanic and succumbed to mesothelioma due to wartime asbestos exposure.

My heart also goes out to those who have lost relatives, friends and loved ones in order to protect our freedoms. They're sacrifice has not been in vein.

:flag

Visiting the Vietnam Veterans Memorial was one of the most humbling experiences of my life. It's unbelievable, even in 2011 (March, when this pic was taken) people still leave letters pray at the wall. The number of lives directly affected by that war is just unfathomable.
dscn1567w.jpg

That experience paled comparison to the next morning when I came face to face with the true cost of freedom.
dscn1662g.jpg

My sister has been to DC twice now. Has seen Arlington twice and has tried to explain what she felt when seeing it all especially the ceremony they do there. She just showed me pictures and said you really have to see it for yourself to understand.

Today I remember my Grandpa, who served in WWII as a mechanic and succumbed to mesothelioma due to wartime asbestos exposure.

My heart also goes out to those who have lost relatives, friends and loved ones in order to protect our freedoms. They're sacrifice has not been in vein.

:flag

:duff :clap

My sister has been to DC twice now. Has seen Arlington twice and has tried to explain what she felt when seeing it all especially the ceremony they do there. She just showed me pictures and said you really have to see it for yourself to understand.

Your sister is 100% right. :lecture

God bless the veterans and all those who are serving to help uphold our Constitution.

I love living in America. :flag :rock

Back