Halo Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My copy came today! I cant wait to get home and start playing. If anyone wants to play some co-op later LMK.

I just noticed I have enough BB point to go get this. What does the limited edition have that the regular does not.

3 Maps for Halo 3, a Graphic Novel, a Patch and cards I believe as well as the usage of the "Heroic Wraith" in the game.

How does this compare to other RTS games? Like Age of Empires for example? I have friends who are hesitant to get this because they are hearing there a ton of limitations compared to RTS games on a PC....

Good game last nite Josh we will have to do it again some time.

Yeah, that was fun. Once I figured out why I spent my money so fast. :lol I gotta figure out how to kill that scarab thing of yours. It whooped me in a hurry.

Kain,

Is it worth a buy or is it more of a rental?

So far so good I have only played skirmish matches against the cpu and I am trying to get used to the different units. I bought it and I don't regret it one bit even though it is more streamlined than most RTS games I have played.

Yeah, that was fun. Once I figured out why I spent my money so fast. :lol I gotta figure out how to kill that scarab thing of yours. It whooped me in a hurry.

The Scarab is a beast and the only way I have been able to stop them is by upgrading to the Spartan Laser and using them and Grizzlies with air support against them. Its too bad that the Spartans cant hijack them.

Kain,

Is it worth a buy or is it more of a rental?

If your a fan of RTS games its a buy Kit,if you only play them once in awhile its a solid weekend rental. Its not as deep as some RTS but its easy to pick up and fun to play.

I like RTS games a lot. I am just into ones that give you more control ( LOTR BFME II ) where this one is a "dumbed down" RTS from all reports.

I like RTS games a lot. I am just into ones that give you more control ( LOTR BFME II ) where this one is a "dumbed down" RTS from all reports.

If you like Halo and you've already said you like RTS games then theres a good chance you'll like this game. I bought it and love it.

The Scarab is a beast and the only way I have been able to stop them is by upgrading to the Spartan Laser and using them and Grizzlies with air support against them. Its too bad that the Spartans cant hijack them.

I'm going to have to work on that then. Need to concentrate on some research to help my guys be stronger in battle.

Did anyone try out the new maps for halo 3 that you get for buying the limited edition? Im thinking of buying the game just for the maps even though it's a waste of money. Maps any good?

Ok, WTF???? I am to the mission where you have to destroy the Super Scarab. Every time right when I am about to destroy the thing all of a sudden my base just up and dies and I fail the mission. The Thing isn't even shooting the cover my base has. It's trying to kill my tanks and I keep moving around the battlefield. I get it all the way down right where it's about to be destroyed and then every time my base just up and dies and I fail. WTF?????

Anyone up for some MP on this tonight since no one plays Gears anymore?

Back