Halo Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, just because you build like old people ^^^^, don't get mad at me when I ransack your base like a racoon through your garbage cans. :lol

Nah, I am talking about the Brute Leader rush. It's gay because what the other team does is they ALL pick the brute leader and all attack right away in a 3 vs 3 match. From what I read there are two types of teams playing right now. 1 team who actually tries to play the game and 1 team who all does the Brute leader rush at the start of every game.

I learned to build a reactor first off so you have a Mac Blast or some kind of leader perk right off the bat.

That will usually take care of any people that rush the minute the game starts.

Microsoft Details Upcoming Halo Wars DLC
Written Tuesday, April 21, 2009 by Dan Webb

Microsoft today detailed their upcoming expansion pack for Halo Wars, titled "Strategic Options," which will add three new multiplayer modes and 100 new achievement points to the title.

The three new modes that Strategic Options will add are as follows:

• Keepaway Mode is the “Halo Wars” adaptation of Capture the Flag. Teams will battle it out to capture a free-roaming Forerunner Sentinel to score points before the other team. Capture three sentinels to claim victory.
• Tug of War Mode is all about having a stronger army than the opponent. Defeating enemies is essential, but success is determined by a combination of the army, buildings and resources left standing in the end.
• In Reinforcement Mode, all active battle units are provided in successive waves. Players must adapt their tactics and use the ever-changing set of units to outwit and outlast the enemy.

“Strategic Options” also adds four new Achievements worth a total of 100 points:

• “One and Done” (30 points): Score the winning point in a game of Keepaway against Legendary A.I.’s
• “Pull Hard, Pull Deep” (20 points): Win and never trail in a Tug of War game
• “Freak on a Streak” (20 points): Gain at least 15 population from a single wave in a Reinforcement game
• “Living Loving Bug” (30 points): Obtain a Scarab during a Reinforcement game

No word as of yet regarding pricing and release date, but as usual, as soon as we know, you'll know.

https://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-2550-Microsoft-Details-Upcoming-Halo-Wars-DLC.html

I'm probably going to trade this in. It was fun for a bit, but got a little repititive after while. There isn't much freedom as to where and how you want to build and expand as well as no real way to build a real defense for your bases liek you can in LOTR BFME 2.

I just played through this game this week and LOVED it. Very fun and the story was pretty awesome as well. The cinematic with the Spartans fighting the Elites was freaking cool and wish we could get more stuff like that.

Back