Guys I got a job at The Disney Store!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must say Im surprised to see you at any job that requires any level of public interaction. I dont see youre personality and patience fitting at all with such duties.
Wow. That is probably the meanest thing anyone has ever said to me.

EDIT:
As for my slacking off due to sickness, I think pneumonia is more than enough reason to stay home from work a few days. I'm lucky I wasn't hospitalized. I begged them not to put me there.

And social retardation, occ? They wouldn't have hired me if I didn't have the chops. I'm not some kind of antisocial monster in real life. Just because I'm a little sensitive to rude ???????s online doesn't mean I have no coping skills whatsoever in dealing with other people. I'm actually a very perky, chirpy, almost ditzy person in real life. I haven't always been but I have been for the past year or so. I'm very much a people person. I used to love Disney and I love kids, and I love adults who are kids at heart, which make up most of the Disney audience. I made a great Disney employee. My biggest problem was not conforming. I don't look like a Disney person. I have short, spikey black hair, I wear my father's Vietnam field jacket and big black Doc Martens, and I've got a tattoo. When I got the job I had blue hair, I dyed it black afterward, which should say enough about my ability to act like a good Disney employee. They would have flat out turned me down at the sight of me if I didn't have the charm and perkiness required to get their attention.

Last edited:
:rotfl :rotfl :lol :rotfl :rotfl

Made me think of this, Cloudy!

4541909_460fe8b699.jpg

BLINK 182! :rock :rock :rock

I call sick at least 12 days a year and those are paid.3 weeks of paid vacation a year.Insurance for drugs and medicament, dentist, eyes....Free food at the cafeteria.Free Internet surfing from my office.I'm working max one hour a day on a 8 hour shift.I'm also working with 130 female co-worker between the age of 20-30 and we are about 15 guys on the site (do the math yourself ).

Life is good when you are the Worm.

Wow. That is probably the meanest thing anyone has ever said to me.

I didnt mean that as mean at all.
just an observation. I myself am in the same category. I would HATE a job where I had to deal with the public. i know id get irritated enough to snap at them, and that wouldnt necessarily be their fault. Therefore I would do eveythign in my power to not have such a job.

Hence.
And I'm sorry if this post sounds entirely too serious and mean but I'm going through a tough time (insomnia, pneumonia, cancer treatment, financial trouble) and easily annoyed at the moment.

Im just saying think of the best environment in a workplace that would help you excell at a job and aim for it.

Too bad Cloud, but you're better off without a retail job. The longer you stay in it the more you find that being a conformist is a prerequisite. I worked part-time at Hallmark for 5 years and it was company policy to greet EVERY customer that walked into the store, and to shove EVERY promotion down the customer's throat. If you didn't drill the customer questions to identify every single need, you got reprimanded. If you didn't offer a promotion, you got reprimanded. If you weren't shoving a Gold Crown card application in their face, you got reprimanded. And don't even think about calling in sick. If you are on your death bed, you need to go into work.

Being knowledgeable about product and having good customer service skills is important, but these retailers take it to extreme...all for the almighty dollar. It makes working at those places a hell rather than an enjoyment.

Congrats. Hope its all you expect it to be. I worked there for a month. Hated it, but that was me. I hope you love it!

Eric

Someone should start a "crappiest Job thread you've had" thread. Mine would include, and graded:

Jerry's Subs and Pizza - D
Safeway Bag Boy - C
Safeway Deli Clerk - B
Engineering Intern (stupidly quit) - A
Restaurant Line Cook - D
Restaurant Dish Washer (Got fired) - F
Current place of Employment - A

I could never work retail. The little bit of customer interaction I had to do went badly because I can't kiss ass. I tend to tell it like it is and if that's too hard for people to hear, deal with it. That's why I never got hired on as a waiter, even though I applied several times.

You got to get some crappy jobs under your belt so you know when you have a good one and want to keep it. It's part of growing up.

I call sick at least 12 days a year and those are paid.3 weeks of paid vacation a year.Insurance for drugs and medicament, dentist, eyes....Free food at the cafeteria.Free Internet surfing from my office.I'm working max one hour a day on a 8 hour shift.I'm also working with 130 female co-worker between the age of 20-30 and we are about 15 guys on the site (do the math yourself ).

Life is good when you are the Worm.

what do you do for a living? lol. sounds much better than most jobs.

on a side note:
This year i got two big promotions at work. I am about 25 years younger than everyone in the same postion i am in. I was away from this company for a few years due to military obligations but was on the fast track back in the day. I came back to them and started working my way up from the bottom again (which sucked but you gotta do what you gotta do). The few things that i learned on how to be successful at work are:

Always be on time. I am 15 minutes early every day, at least.

Dont talk. No gossip no nothing. Just come to work, be friendly and work. I learned that the more i opened my mouth the more i put my foot in it.

Dress better than everyone else. I always wear a tie, even though i am not required to. I always shine my shoes and always stay clean cut.

Volunteer for OT. Eventually it costs more to not promote you then it will for them to give you a raise.

Be sincere and honest. If you do not understand how to do a part of your job, ask someone who can and pay attention.

Volunteer for all of the crappy parts of the job. Once you work hard enough you will never have to do them again, but it shows your superiors that you are able to do any and all aspects of you career.

And never call out sick unless you are contagious. I have never missed a day of work for sickness...ever. I go to work sick and go home when they see me. But i take the effort to be seen so they can never say i faked it.

Just some tips for the future. they all worked for me.

Last edited:
I was and am extremely contagious. I've passed it onto both my mother and younger brother and feel horrible about it, although they don't seem to be hit as hard as I am thank God. I don't call in sick unless I'm in danger of spreading it. Can you imagine getting those germs on all the toys for the kids? That would be awful.

I was and am extremely contagious. I've passed it onto both my mother and younger brother and feel horrible about it, although they don't seem to be hit as hard as I am thank God. I don't call in sick unless I'm in danger of spreading it. Can you imagine getting those germs on all the toys for the kids? That would be awful.

yea, being contagious is worth the call out. I am not blaming you, some companies have no heart. But i find that if i can make it out of my bed i can make it to work. Spread your germs to everyone if they make you work after seeing you come in ill. That is their fault.

yea, being contagious is worth the call out. I am not blaming you, some companies have no heart. But i find that if i can make it out of my bed i can make it to work. Spread your germs to everyone if they make you work after seeing you come in ill. That is their fault.

We get the opposite instructions at my work. If we think we are sick we need to stay the heck home. I work for a medical company and we have people from our office who go to the clinics and clinic people come to our main office all the time so who the heck knows what could be spread back and forth. We get 18+ PTO days a year and thats what its for.

We get the opposite instructions at my work. If we think we are sick we need to stay the heck home. I work for a medical company and we have people from our office who go to the clinics and clinic people come to our main office all the time so who the heck knows what could be spread back and forth. We get 18+ PTO days a year and thats what its for.

That makes the most sense. Although, we do not get sick days at my job. If we miss work we dont get paid. we do get paid for a full day if we show up. People in my business still call out sick and forfeit the days wage. Unless im in the hospital i will show up to get sent home.

what do you do for a living? lol. sounds much better than most jobs.

on a side note:
This year i got two big promotions at work. I am about 25 years younger than everyone in the same postion i am in. I was away from this company for a few years due to military obligations but was on the fast track back in the day. I came back to them and started working my way up from the bottom again (which sucked but you gotta do what you gotta do). The few things that i learned on how to be successful at work are:

Always be on time. I am 15 minutes early every day, at least.

Dont talk. No gossip no nothing. Just come to work, be friendly and work. I learned that the more i opened my mouth the more i put my foot in it.

Dress better than everyone else. I always wear a tie, even though i am not required to. I always shine my shoes and always stay clean cut.

Volunteer for OT. Eventually it costs more to not promote you then it will for them to give you a raise.

Be sincere and honest. If you do not understand how to do a part of your job, ask someone who can and pay attention.

Volunteer for all of the crappy parts of the job. Once you work hard enough you will never have to do them again, but it shows your superiors that you are able to do any and all aspects of you career.

And never call out sick unless you are contagious. I have never missed a day of work for sickness...ever. I go to work sick and go home when they see me. But i take the effort to be seen so they can never say i faked it.

Just some tips for the future. they all worked for me.

at first I thought this was a list on how to be a "company man" :lol

everything you named are of course good practices.
be careful though. There is the potential to make your other coworkers hate you cause you make their effort look bad and on the flip side make your superiors abuse your willingness to overwork and put tasks off on you cause they know youll do the work so they dont have to.

Also Cloud...that job wasnt for you.You'll get something better.

Banny speaks the truth actually.I'm a youth counselor in a detention center...But I DO NOT work with teenage girls...:lol

So basically a social worker? I didn't think social workers got paid squat, at least not enough to afford this hobby.

Come on, be honest, you're a male gigolo on the side, yes?

Back