Guys I got a job at The Disney Store!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, fastest time I've ever gotten and lost a job. I guess I'm just not conformist enough to work for Disney. Also I find myself loathing Mickey Mouse now. And Snow White. I'm considering selling most of my Disney merchandise.

Wow, fastest time I've ever gotten and lost a job. I guess I'm just not conformist enough to work for Disney. Also I find myself loathing Mickey Mouse now. And Snow White. I'm considering selling most of my Disney merchandise.

Awwwwwww Cloud! I doubt I'd like working there all the time.

You'll find something much better!

Sorry to hear that Cloud. Sounds like it wasn't the experience you were hoping for. Hope you soon find something much more suited to your style. :duff

Please tell us what happened. Too many times listening to "its a small world" and you went postal on some 8-year-old brat, yes? Or you told some uptight snob mom to shove the Christmas Mickey stuffy down their damn Disney loving throat?

Told you so.
Good riddance you don't have to work boxing day...

My manager is a passive-aggressive ????? with a rotted apple core where her heart should be. I've been sick as a dog and I called out a couple of times, plus when I work I don't annoy every single person who comes into the store with a perky "Hi! How are you? Can I help you find something? Would you like me to check your colon for polyps while I'm up here?"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/6j8Oi42V5xs&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/6j8Oi42V5xs&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

My manager is a passive-aggressive ????? with a rotted apple core where her heart should be. I've been sick as a dog and I called out a couple of times, plus when I work I don't annoy every single person who comes into the store with a perky "Hi! How are you? Can I help you find something? Would you like me to check your colon for polyps while I'm up here?"

:rotfl :rotfl :lol :rotfl :rotfl

Made me think of this, Cloudy!

4541909_460fe8b699.jpg

I'm not sure how old you are Cloud, but I think you did learn a valuable lesson here. Two maybe.

First, I don't care how sick, hung-over, or tired you are, you get your ass in to work on time, every time. If you're really that sick, the MOD will send you home (without firing you). You can't expect to keep a job if you are calling in and/or showing up late anymore than a few times a YEAR (not a month). I've seen several young and green engineers start work where I work and think it's okay to call in sick 1 to 2 times a month. Some kids today never learned that hard work ethic required to keep a job; I blame over-protective parents who shelter their kids, never made them work a job, and then let them out of their warm and safe nest completely unprepared. The "real world" only gives you 5 sick days a year, any more than that and you better have a doctors excuse or be on some sort of medical leave (which gets abused a lot of the time IMO). Also, the better your education and higher your pay-scale, the strict "punch-in time-card at 9:00 exactly or your fired" attitude becomes less critical as long as you get your ???? done, provided you don't actually have customers waiting on you or working in retail.

I'm not suggesting this is/was your situation, but if it applies, take note.

Second, you probably don't have that overly joyful, fake, and sickening attitude that it takes to work at anything Disney related, which is a good thing in my book, so probably keep any jobs requiring that sort of ass-kissing to the customers off the radar.

I must say Im surprised to see you at any job that requires any level of public interaction. I dont see youre personality and patience fitting at all with such duties.

good luck in your job search.

kind of adding to what Mesa said, keep in mind those mall store managers are used to dealing with and weeding out lazy young kids who have a job only because they have to and do as little as possible to slide by and call in sick all the time not cause theyre sick, but because theyre lazy. Im sure to them "if it quacks, looks and walks like a duck, its a duck".

Back