Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really- $40-65 million is being very positive- it could be alot worse, we'll see. Could be a great film WE will love but we are talking about the masses- and I'm saying it doesn't look good against the competition it has and the "must see" factor required for a big opening weekend.

I really like the fact that GDT was faithfull to his core audience, he shared a lot of stuff with fans, geeks you name it.
That core audience was sold on the movie from day one but the average moviegoers target, where the real money is, has been missed.
They care more for grown ups 2, despicable me 2 than for Pacific RIM.
Sure the same audience went to see TRANSFORMERS, but it was a franchise and a houseold name directing it.
The robots oriented trailers and posters did not help at all.
They should have shower more characters, the human side of it.
Its a good movie but has been sold poorly.
Not sure it Will make its money back.

I think it'll do at least $60 million for the weekend. If it does less it will be a disaster. And I don't see why people would say it would do so terrible anyways, there's nothing to indicate that it will do bad.

You just made me thirsty :lol

Capri_Sun_Pouch.jpg

How bout a boat then :lol

121y48z.jpg

Haha. That's even worse. I could go for a Capri sun.

I think it'll do at least $60 million for the weekend. If it does less it will be a disaster. And I don't see why people would say it would do so terrible anyways, there's nothing to indicate that it will do bad.

$60 million?? We'll see. I hope but $60 million will not be a strong number itself for a $180-200 million film.

I really like the fact that GDT was faithfull to his core audience, he shared a lot of stuff with fans, geeks you name it.
That core audience was sold on the movie from day one but the average moviegoers target, where the real money is, has been missed.
They care more for grown ups 2, despicable me 2 than for Pacific RIM.
Sure the same audience went to see TRANSFORMERS, but it was a franchise and a houseold name directing it.
The robots oriented trailers and posters did not help at all.
They should have shower more characters, the human side of it.
Its a good movie but has been sold poorly.
Not sure it Will make its money back.

RIGHT! Just robots on alot of advertising- no big name actors....alot of folks are thinking Transformers rip-off. I just see guys here thinking it is the next big thing and sadly it isn't. Too bad such a gigantic amount of money being spent on it may backfire....

Whats sad is that GDT been trying hard for years to get these big budget, be on the A list of directors and if the movie does not make its money is gonna be hard for him to get ambitious projects off the ground.
I may be wrong and PR s gonna kill at the BO.

WTF are you guys talking about??... Even if Pacific Rim bombs, which it won't... Guillermo del Toro has plenty of work and will keep doing great projects!
If mediocre hack filmmakers like M. Night Shyamalan and Michael Bay keep getting money thrown at them to produce turds, I'm pretty sure a actual talented one like GDT will have no problem getting films out... jeez!!!

He won't have problems geting new films made but this genre is going to take a big budget hit...unless Hollywood doesn't even care ....

Yes GDT Will continue to shoot movies.
But this his first BIG BUDGET, his first movie as an A list director on a A list project. If he fail, he Will hardly be offered such budget soon.
Remember that he could not get ATMOM greenlighted even with the help of Cruise and Cameron...
Bay movies are box office hits, and After Earth was a Will Smith joint.
And im not even talking about the quality of the movies just studios politics.
:)

Says Yahoo:
"Sony's $150 million "White House Down" started the slide with less than $25 million the weekend of June 28. Disney's $225 million "The Lone Ranger" followed with $29 million over the July 4 weekend. Now, Guillermo del Toro's $180 million giant robot extravaganza "Pacific Rim" is tracking to open at around $30 million this weekend."

$30 million? That would be an epic disaster!!!

Guys another awesome review for Pacific Rim!
https://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2013/07/pacific-rim-reviewed.html?m=1

Close to all the critics, media and special screening of this movie have all responded with a very positive review and excitement for their experience!.... Do not kid your self, this movie will do very well at the box office, Not counting all the pre sold cinama bookings already confirmed!.... And the word will spread as people watch and enjoy!

Sweet Baby Jesus!!
You guys are so gullible and believe all the crap that these "news" outlets put out as Godspell... seriously... more Robots and Monsters and less "Oh, it's making millions" crap shall we? :pray:

Guys another awesome review for Pacific Rim!
https://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2013/07/pacific-rim-reviewed.html?m=1

Close to all the critics, media and special screening of this movie have all responded with a very positive review and excitement for there experience!.... Do not kid your self, this movie will do very well at the box office, Not counting all the pre sold cinama bookings already confirmed!

That's what I'm talking about! :rock!

OK just because we are not saying it'll be a gigantic freakin hit, how are we affecting the movie( and box office) saying that HERE on these FORUMS?? Sheeessh!
Come Monday we'll see. If you believe it'll do monster biz great, I hope so too. I'm being realistic on what I'm seeing, good reviews and all

I'm saying it's a waste of time... and it clogs the thread with negativity... believe it or not, some people make decisions to watch movies or buy toys based on what they see here... :horror...
So let's talk about how cool this movie is and leave all the budget crap to the suits who have actually invested in this film! ;)
As for us, let's just enjoy the ride!

They also said World War Z was going to open badly and it opened with $66 million on the first weekend, of course it had a recognizable star. Still those number predictions won't hold good when audience turn up from the good buzz, including the people who already have been anticipating Pacific Rim for months.

I'm so pumped to see this! :rock :yess: :rock

WTF are you guys talking about??... Even if Pacific Rim bombs, which it won't... Guillermo del Toro has plenty of work and will keep doing great projects!
If mediocre hack filmmakers like M. Night Shyamalan and Michael Bay keep getting money thrown at them to produce turds, I'm pretty sure a actual talented one like GDT will have no problem getting films out... jeez!!!

You're going to make Celtic P cry, Kuzeh! :lol

Okay guys, I'm actually in the movie theatres right now waiting for the movie to start at 10:00AM. Will let you guys know how awesome this movie is once I get out! Wish me luck. :peace

Never mind. I wasted 15 bucks of gas to learn that they're ONLY giving them out at 10...so all is good. Goddamn AMC. :mad: :lol

Back