Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope it's not another Battleship.

I really really doubt it, Not only do we have prove that this guy can make amazing movies,
but he is doing a movie because he cares, things like Battleship are done for money, they only care about getting the money back, of course Guillermo wants the movie to do good, but he also cares, which is the difference

Can't wait for this, one of my favourite directors. The designs in his films are always unique and fantastic.

His alien designs are always different and awesome but the main robot is as generic as they come

maybe that's the point, maybe the robot will be genetic and all the attention to madness will be put on the monsters,
that works for me, a balance

His alien designs are always different and awesome but the main robot is as generic as they come

So when did you see the advance screening? :rotfl

Del Toro is enormously gifted. This could be a fantastic film.

It sounds like he's making his version of Evangelion.

And in this age of reboots, remakes, and toy-commericals-posing-as-films I commend him for developing his own property, rather than buying an existing (and often tired) license.

And Idris Elba was flawless in Prometheus. :rock2

Good omens, methinks! :yess:

Hmm, where to put the 1/6 Hot Toys figures...

Obviously in the front lawn, or next to the garage.

So when did you see the advance screening?

Del Toro is enormously gifted. This could be a fantastic film.

It sounds like he's making his version of Evangelion.

And in this age of reboots, remakes, and toy-commericals-posing-as-films I commend him for developing his own property, rather than buying an existing (and often tired) license.

And Idris Elba was flawless in Prometheus.

Good omens, methinks!

You do realize this isn't a Del Toro original property right? It was written by a new screen writer named Travis Beacham, he became hot stuff when he wrote this and the script for Clash of the Titans, this had a long ways to go before it was going to get made though. Only reason it's happening is because Toro's at the mountains of madness was shut down by the studio and he needed something and this was it. Luckily it was right up his ally.

But I agree that the robot design is generic, hopefully it's in a idle pose or something and it comes to life when turned on showing a more defined head and neck, otherwise it just sort of looks like a walking tank right now.

It really reminds me of getter Poseidon from getter robo, just not as colorful.

gx20-1.jpg

Last edited:
You do realize this isn't a Del Toro original property right?

Yesss . . . the internet isn't a secret. :rolleyes:
It's an original screenplay though -- not a video game, anime, manga, comic book or preexisting property made into a film.
It obviously seems derivative of Evangelion or Mazinger, though.

But I agree that the robot design is generic

I haven't seen enough images to arrive at this conclusion myself. :dunno

:panic::panic::panic:

Master Chief looking robot = fail.

Move to the monster(s) already!

The only failure here is your post my friend... :lol

I hope it's not another Battleship.
:slap It's Guillermo del Toro, not some Michael Bay wannabe...

Obviously in the front lawn, or next to the garage.

You do realize this isn't a Del Toro original property right? It was written by a new screen writer named Travis Beacham, he became hot stuff when he wrote this and the script for Clash of the Titans, this had a long ways to go before it was going to get made though. Only reason it's happening is because Toro's at the mountains of madness was shut down by the studio and he needed something and this was it. Luckily it was right up his ally.

But I agree that the robot design is generic, hopefully it's in a idle pose or something and it comes to life when turned on showing a more defined head and neck, otherwise it just sort of looks like a walking tank right now.

It really reminds me of getter Poseidon from getter robo, just not as colorful.

gx20-1.jpg

Yep, I hope they have different robots... I am so looking forward to this movie!!

The robot doesn't look that bad, but I think I know why he's not loaded with moving parts and intricate details: how can you make something that huge look good with a complex design? It just doesn't work, visually.

It's an original screenplay though -- not a video game, anime, manga, comic book or preexisting property made into a film.

lol ok I see what you mean.

This first peak just seems kind of bland, the only thing that really makes it stand out is the size of it. You can usually tell what a robot will look like from the design of it's head and this seems like it's just a straight forward no thrills giant robot. I hope it gets a bit more humanoid when it turns on, you know with a neck and clearly defined face, I feel it would go a long way.

I don't think you will like Pacific Rim

but Good News! I think you will Love this one:

[ame]https://youtu.be/JTAoxSspBJE[/ame]

Back