Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, this sounds awesome!!
:rock!

Guillermo del Toro Describes Battles in Pacific Rim
Source: CBM June 20, 2012

Guillermo del Toro is deep into production on Pacific Rim - his, in short, giant robots versus giant monsters epic which is opening July 17, 2013. The man has already done a bit of talking to Total Film about what's to come and now more quotes from his interview have hit the web.

Via CBM, a few choice quotes from the print interview.

"We had a Tokyo scene that we shot here in Toronto. We had several Hong Kong scenes and a few scenes in Australia, through the television. We briefly see the kaiju take over San Francisco. The whole Pacific Rim needs a sense of danger."

"We take the battles far and above! Two or three of them happen in places where there have never been a battle between kaiju and robots. From the bottom of the ocean to the atmosphere of the Earth. We have a battle in a storm at sea. Every battle we try to do differently. One is seen from the point of view of a single person. We never cut away from that point of view."

Cmon I need a trailer lol. Charlie Hunnam and Idris Elba? I'm already digging the movie.

:dunno D00M was cool and this scene was awesome :yess:

I really don't know if youre trolling or not
and Doom Sucked, but I agree the final scene of Doom was pretty good, the POV was done really good in my opinion, not shaky or anything, I loved that part
the movie still is S____t

Doom Sucked

the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

Awesomeness!!!
:rock!

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Pac...-Look-Charlie-Hunnam-Rinko-Kikuchi-31716.html

New_Pacific_Rim_Image_Gives_A_Look_Charlie_Hunnam_And_Rinko_Kikuchi_1341342127.jpg

New Pacific Rim Image Gives Us A Look At Charlie Hunnam And Rinko Kikuchi
0 Comments published: 2012-07-03 13:01:52 Author: Eric Eisenberg
Guillermo del Toro had us interested in Pacific Rim from the moment we learned that the film would be about giant robots fighting giant monsters. The story is set in a future where a dimensional rift has opened in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and keeps spilling out awful otherworldly creatures. In order to stop the destruction of earth, giant mechs are created that can fight and save the world's coastal cities. We got our first official look at Idris Elba in costume early last month and now a sneak peek at Charlie Hunnam and Rinko Kikuchi have arrived online.

The image comes from the new issue of Entertainment Weekly, which was scanned by STYD. The pair play pilots in one of the mechs and this image features the two getting ready to work together. Check it out!

The way that the mechs, called Jaegers in the movie, work is that two pilots are hooked up through a neural bridge and can control the machine with their own movements. Hunnam, who is best known for his work on the FX series Sons of Anarchy, plays Raleigh Antrobus, and Kikuchi assumes the role of Mako Mori. The two come from different backgrounds, one is a washed up former pilot and the other is a trainee, but they work together to fight off the invading force. In addition to Hunnam, Kikuchi and Elba, Pacific Rim also stars Ron Perlman, Charlie Day, and Clifton Collins Jr. The film will be present at this year's San Diego Comic Con so you can look forward to cover our coverage there, but in the meantime you can find out more about the movie in our Blend Film Database.

Back