GTA IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But RE5 is coming out on 360, too.

:lol

Seriously, though, unless it's for the Blu-Ray player and unless you're a huge MGS fan there is no reason to ditch the 360 for a PS3 at this point. But to each his own. :duff

It will be on the 360 as well. And if it's the multiplayer aspect that interests you....

Speaking of which, ill and Fisto are right... it would be pretty cool to form a SSF Street Gang. :rock

Yeah, that would be cool. The maps are so big on GTA that you could roam around looking for other people to put a hit on instead of just the constant shooting most FPS games. You could roam around and interact with bots hopefully and then run into other online players as well and have gang wars....that would be pretty awesome.

Sideshow Freaks vs Gentle Giant Collectors West Side Story style (without the gay dancing and finger-snapping) :lol

But RE5 is coming out on 360, too.

:lol

Seriously, though, unless it's for the Blu-Ray player and unless you're a huge MGS fan there is no reason to ditch the 360 for a PS3 at this point. But to each his own. :duff

I liked the Blu Ray aspect of the machine thats why i ditched my Xbox :monkey5

When you think about it this COULD be an awesome online game. If they make it an interactive world instead of just FPS...then wow...Keep the Cops in it so that if you're having a gang war and the Cops roll up you have to get away or shoot it out with them too.

You could have store owners fight back if you try to rob them so you go in with a few of your boys and rough him up :lol

You could make it so you only start with a pistol online and have to steal money to buy better guns so you can fight other online players with a better weapon.

You COULD do a lot with it.

I love GTA so much i'm getting the special edition.

Now i have a PS3 and thats it.So i'm assuming it's going to run identical on both systems.(too much $$ to be lost to have one ****ty version and one decent)I don't care about DL content.PS3 is rumored to have it's own anyway.I'm talking about framerates etc.

Nevertheless this is going to be takin "open ended gameplay" and sight seeing exploration to a whole new level i think.:cool:

That's a legitimate reason.

Seriously, enjoy your PS3. And when you get it join some of us SS Freaks for some online mayhem sometime. :duff

Yeah for sure dude, i like Kits idea of having an online gang lol. Imagine tearing across the city and fighting rival gangs in death matches etc

Cars no longer explode when flipped over.

Grenades can be thrown from cars.

You can push pedestrians out of the way using the B button on the Xbox 360 (presumably Circle on the PS3).

Police AI has been improved and they won't shoot unless you've committed a serious offence, running from them will cause them to open fire.

Different melee attacks can be preformed by holding down the right trigger and pressing Y, X or B.

The cover system is similar to that in Gears of War, you can also blind fire.

You'll notice characters breathing when it's cold.

Some of the gangs in Liberty City are the Mafia, Jamaicans, Triads and Irish.

Some in-game bridges have tolls.

Spinners (on wheels) have been implemented due to the community's requests.

Niko has an e-mail account and also uses RSS feeds. These can be accessed at any TW@ Internet café

Radio stations will often report on events you've caused (e.g. completing missions, killing mob bosses)

After running over a pedestrian blood spatter appears on the bumper and windshield of the car.
  • The faster you tap X, the faster Niko runs. He doesn't appear to get tired.
  • Major collisions on motorbikes cause the helmet to fall off. You can see it fall onto the ground.
  • Heavy fire will scar - and permanently destroy - parts of the environment.
  • They previewed a mission called "To Live and Die in Alderney," which is the second part of "Truck Hustle." The second mission is called "Jamaican Heat," and acts as a tutorial for the new cover/targeting system. The third mission is called "Jacob's Ladder," and the fourth (and final) mission is called "Harbouring a Grudge." This mission introduces an Irish character called Patrick McReary, who is related to Francis.
  • The mobile phone can be used to call the police, the paramedics, and the fire department.
  • There are 18 radio stations in GTA IV - one of which is Russian. All of these stations can be accessed via the mobile phone.
  • You can take photos with the mobile phone and upload them to the police computer.
  • Health is represented by a green semi-circle on the left side of the radar, and a right semi-circle represents armour. You can restore health by resting, by using medical kits, and by eating.
  • In taxis, you can ask the driver to change the radio station by pressing D-pad left or right.
  • The GTA 4 equivalent of the Lincoln Tunnel is known as the Booth Tunnel.
3941_gta4_screenshot.jpg

3932_gta4_screenshot.jpg

3908_gta_iv.jpg

3901_gta_iv.jpg

3899_gta_iv.jpg

3897_gta_iv.jpg

3895_gta_iv.jpg

3894_gta_iv.jpg

3890_gta_iv.jpg

3879_gta_iv.jpg

I wasn't planning on getting this, only because I've never liked a GTA game I played (mainly the combat system).

Sounds like the really next-gen'd the combat, so that got my attention. And the SE (with the safety deposit box) is pretty sweet.

Okay, I'm in.

:rock :rock

Back