GREEN LANTERN: The Sequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bring Reynolds back, make Sinestro the villian, don't throw out everything from the first movie. Glad to hear that WB is interested in a Green Lantern 2.

Unless they're introducing another Lantern, not sure it could be Green Lantern 2 without Reynolds as Hal. :huh

Ever since Ruffalo endeared audiences with his turn in The Avengers, all the studios are talking recastings like they are no big deal, even Marvel Studios.

Bring Reynolds back, make Sinestro the villian, don't throw out everything from the first movie. Glad to hear that WB is interested in a Green Lantern 2.
Recast Hal, make Sinestro the villain, throw out 80% of the first movie. Glad to hear the WB is interested in a Green Lantern 2!

Ever since Ruffalo endeared audiences with his turn in The Avengers, all the studios are talking recastings like they are no big deal, even Marvel Studios.

In this case I think they could get away with it since Reynolds didn't really endear himself to many as Hal.

With RDJ as Tony Stark, recasting there would be catastrophic. He is that character in the public consciousness.

The interesting thing is Reynolds is still in the sequel clause for GL2 under his original contract so if they make this then he'll have to bow out of Deadpool unless 20th Century Fox decides to delay that film (although Liefeld claims it's further than even the studios says) but if they drop him, he'll have that block open which was contained.

In this case I think they could get away with it since Reynolds didn't really endear himself to many as Hal.

With RDJ as Tony Stark, recasting there would be catastrophic. He is that character in the public consciousness.

That has to do a lot with the fact that 1: People love RDJ anyway and 2: He is the only one who has played him. People have the same knee jerk reaction to Hugh Jackman being recast. It'll happen sooner or later, as long as Feige is studiohead he is more interesting in recasting and continuing ala James Bond than rebooting.

:lol Absolutely.

Although given how many people Reynolds has NOT endeared himself to (I thought he was fine in it) it might be a lightning strikes twice deal there.

:lol Absolutely.

Although given how many people Reynolds has NOT endeared himself to (I thought he was fine in it) it might be a lightning strikes twice deal there.

Yup, the film made $238mil at the box office. That's not chump change. So he endeared enough people to pay that much to see him as GL. :huh

Yup, the film made $238mil at the box office. That's not chump change. So he endeared enough people to pay that much to see him as GL. :huh

Don't get me wrong, I liked him as Hal, having seen him in multiple films past, he was toned down definitely in this flick compared to the others but the biggest complaint of the film I saw was him so knowing executives they might simply blame him.

I think both movies will definitely happen. Most likely Deadpool first, with GL piggybacking off of it's success.

I remember reading that he was so booked up that it was either GL2 or Deadpool and that when the recasting of Deadpool talk started. I remember Seann William Scott was even being shopped around as a possible replacement by a lot of outlets.

Don't get me wrong, I liked him as Hal, having seen him in multiple films past, he was toned down definitely in this flick compared to the others but the biggest complaint of the film I saw was him so knowing executives they might simply blame him.

Yeah, I know you agree. And you're right. Hollywood tends to blame the talent. God forbid they have to hold themselves accountable for their own actions.

I remember reading that he was so booked up that it was either GL2 or Deadpool and that when the recasting of Deadpool talk started. I remember Seann William Scott was even being shopped around as a possible replacement by a lot of outlets.

Yeah, I don't think I could buy Stiffler as Deadpool. Reynolds is THE perfect star. He wants to do it. If they have to wait, in the end, it'll be well worth it.

He definitely has the smart ass part of the role down pat. For one of his more serious roles I thought he did a decent job in stark raving mad.

Yeah, I don't think I could buy Stiffler as Deadpool. Reynolds is THE perfect star. He wants to do it. If they have to wait, in the end, it'll be well worth it.
Actually, I think the comedian from the Mad Men episode who made all the fat jokes toward the executive's wife would be the perfect Deadpool.

Back