Green Lantern PF needs to be fixed - Yes/No?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does Green Lantern PF need to be tweaked?

• YES

Votes: 145 77.5%
  • NO

Votes: 42 22.5%

• Total voters
The energy suit was a contrivance for the film. It has no comic origin.
Actually that's incorrect. Both Ethan Van Sciver and Geoff Johns have stated that the suits are energy constructs. Something that's first seen in "New Dawn" with Kyle Rayner's suit. And ever since Rebirth this has been used to explain why lanterns have different suits.

Last edited:
Actually that's incorrect. Both Ethan Van Sciver and Geoff Johns have stated that the suits are energy constructs. Something that's first seen in "New Dawn" with Kyle Rayner's suit. And ever since Rebirth this has been used to explain why lanterns have different suits.

thank you for the clarification. I don't follow the "new" stuff.

Here I did a quick Photoshop doctoring of one of the photos from the Con.

All I did was change the greyish black to a deeper rich black.
Got rid of some of the highlights in the black giving a less glossy look.
Smoothed out the abs to make them a little more natural.
and trimmed the neck line.

396079_10150963242608562_457442272_n.jpg

that is a fantastic tweak! I hope Sideshow will fix the abs like this.

Is this 1/5 scale? I know they saw 1/4 but is it really looked 1/4 compared with the batman and superman?

The main issue for me is the black glossy parts.
I really cant live with that.
This Hal has more ripped abs than Arnold back in his days.

Hay friends do u really think SS will fix Green Lantern PF coz of this thread? GL PF will look awesome if they include same material they used in James Bucky PF ................

picture.php

Hay friends do u really think SS will fix Green Lantern PF coz of this thread? GL PF will look awesome if they include same material they used in James Bucky PF ................

picture.php

They changed Cobra Commander's chrome mask so a fix on this piece isn't impossible. If they do change him, it will be a subtle change. Maybe mixed media or something. I'd like for him to match the quality of Batman and Supes PF... those two pieces are brilliant IMO.

I just want to see what he looks like with the change of hand. I think his normal hand will add more to this piece than we think. The 1st preview pic SSC put up looked pretty good IMO.

This looks horrible,I was waiting to order,but now I won't after seeing the final POS.

Good correction there! :clap

Just because it's a SS release doesn't mean it's a must-have. Ughs, this is just awful and I can't believe they haven't done anything to fix this from the looks of the photo. Scale is off. Paint is too shiny. Not a PF that will match the others because it lacks fabric. Worst off all IMO it looks cheap and doesn't even look like a SS piece. What happened SS...? Fix this please, it's DC and it HAS to be perfect. I don't want to pass on this PF but you're forcing me to. :(

Last edited:
Just because it's a SS release doesn't mean it's a must-have. Ughs, this is just awful and I can't believe they haven't done anything to fix this from the looks of the photo. Scale is off. Paint is too shiny. Not a PF that will match the others because it lacks fabric. Worst off all IMO it looks cheap and doesn't even look like a SS piece. What happened SS...? Fix this please, it's DC and it HAS to be perfect. I don't want to pass on this PF but you're forcing me to. :(

Well you'll be surprised, there could be completionists that must buy everything no matter how terribad it is. I'm sure the sane majority probably wouldn't buy something they don't like tho', especially a big ticket collectible.

Back