Green Lantern PF needs to be fixed - Yes/No?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does Green Lantern PF need to be tweaked?

• YES

Votes: 145 77.5%
  • NO

Votes: 42 22.5%

• Total voters
*Has SSC actually ever modified a piece after the prototype was released? The only one I can think of was Rogue's Butt*

So far I have 3 statues that were reworked after the prototype was released.
- Rogue: the butt
- Psylocke: both EX & Reg heads reworked, including a completely different face on the EX and how the neckline of the heads attach to the body
- Spider-Man LSB: sculpted webs on prototype, painted webs on final, I realized it because the prototype is on the box, smh

Rogue and Psylocke were modified after SDCC...I wouldn't bet on modifications, but it happens from time to time. There's even an old Psylocke Com (a prototype was eventually auctioned off) and Cyclops LSB that had proto pics and never came out, but they were never put on display to my knowledge.

Most of these concerns have already been voiced in the GL PF Thread so hopefully SS will actually read all of the comments and seriously decide to make some changes to the GL PF.Otherwise he will not really fit in that nicely with the rest of the DC PF's which all look outstanding so far.

yes the abs.
And the pose that is to different from Batman and Superman for a JLA display.

you CANNOT remove the glossy black without also removing the glossy green. Matte black with glossy green will look like absolute crap, like he's wearing a woman's green swimsuit. Or is that what you guys are going for with him coming out of the closet and all....

Dont care about the abs, current or the suggest fix both are fine.

I will get him just for dc completeness sake, but the sculpt/paint is way too simple compared to the rest. Unlike superman/batman where you dont have much creative freedom, green lantern is an artist's wet dream you could done so much with the sculpt, but instead we have this...

who is the sculpter anyone know?

you CANNOT remove the glossy black without also removing the glossy green. Matte black with glossy green will look like absolute crap, like he's wearing a woman's green swimsuit. Or is that what you guys are going for with him coming out of the closet and all....

I will get him just for dc completeness sake, but the sculpt/paint is way too simple compared to the rest. Unlike superman/batman where you dont have much creative freedom, green lantern is an artist's wet dream you could done so much with the sculpt, but instead we have this...

Different person/Lantern.

^ Yeah, Alan Scott, DC's less popular original GL, is now gay in the new continuity on a parallel earth. Hal Jordan, the popular GL most know and the subject of this statue, is straight.

Here I did a quick Photoshop doctoring of one of the photos from the Con.

All I did was change the greyish black to a deeper rich black.
Got rid of some of the highlights in the black giving a less glossy look.
Smoothed out the abs to make them a little more natural.
and trimmed the neck line.

396079_10150963242608562_457442272_n.jpg

:cuckoo::rolleyes2:thwak

Honestly, I think this statue will require more than a couple of minor tweaks in order for me to want to pick it up. Head looks big/weird to me, abs look odd, the shinyness is not great, not the biggest fan of the pose in general, disappointing he doesn't have cloth like Bats/Supes, and I personally think the light-up gimmick cheapens the thing.

Actually looks like a pretty good representation of the modern, pre-52 Jordan as Evilface says, but I would much prefer something like this:

jeJSE.jpg

:rock :rock Yes!!! That's great IMO.

The construct makes it really look unbalanced I think and exaggerates the awkwardness of the pose.

Nice work Josh. I like yours better.

Back