Green Lantern PF needs to be fixed - Yes/No?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does Green Lantern PF need to be tweaked?

• YES

Votes: 145 77.5%
  • NO

Votes: 42 22.5%

• Total voters
Thanks!:)

And I agree, my sloppy 7 minute photoshop job won't correct everything I think is wrong with this piece.

No it won't fix it, but it sure looks better. I just don't understand why Hal didn't get the same love. Unless like some people are suggesting it's not even 1/4 scale, but 1/5. Not too sure. Either way good 7 minute mock up.

My recommendation:
1. Instead of fully sculpted he should be in either a spandex or rubbery type costume. Something like what was used for Black Cat and Black Panther. This will also be important when they get around to The Flash, who I'm hoping will be in something that is a cross between the comic and the TV show.
2. The sculpt could use a few tweaks, although nothing major
3, There should be some swap out constructs.

35kj3vp.jpg

n1wgog.jpg

I'd like to see Flash and Reverse Flash PFs in cool bodysuits as opposed to just being sculpted.
Not as cheezy though.

it will be great if sideshow can go back to the drawing board, but i think it's a lost cause they are too far along the development to scrap and restart, will cost too much $$.

This is Sideshow landmark push into the niche market of Bobblehead PFs.

5988783401_3cae17498d.jpg

They are way ahead of the curve. Or possibly not even on it!

Well it's clear that Ethan Van Sciver's version of GL was the inspiration and as such, the sculpture is a good representation of that both facially and musculature wise. That being the case, it's not what I'd like to see.

I like the idea of a matte black. I think it would make the green stand out even more. I don't mind the lack of cloth since the uniform is a ring construct and doesn't have to be cloth, though it could be. It would be nice to have the ring and emblem glowing as well as the base. It would be nice to make the green parts of the uniform something other than just painted on or cloth, but I don't have any ideas.

I quite like the more dynamic pose over the Captain Morgan poses of Superman and Batman, though they are brilliant statues overall.

A somewhat toned down musculature would be nice, but one that still captures the movement shown with the muscles as they are currently.

you CANNOT remove the glossy black without also removing the glossy green. Matte black with glossy green will look like absolute crap, like he's wearing a woman's green swimsuit.

It worked great with Bucky PF.
I know that was fabric, but that's not what's being discussed here.

And here's proof:

That's much nicer imo.

those photos are meaningless.

i guarantee you it wont look good with a high glossy green and matte black on the same piece of armor...

all glossy or all matte.

Abs?...

____ the abs.. the whole damn statue needs to be scrapped. It just looked cheap and rushed in person.

I'd get it if it wasn't shiny. Might get it anyway. Eh.

Jesus ____ing Christ. Batman, Arthas, this? I'm going to be living in the in an alley in the Batman PF box. I'll keep my statues in storage. Sadly they don't let you live in those places.

those photos are meaningless.
Why?

i guarantee you it wont look good with a high glossy green and matte black on the same piece of armor...

No, you can't guarantee that.

I honestly don't see an issue.

detail.jpg

gagaliya can guarantee you do. Even if you don't know.

Green Lantern would have looked great with this type of treatment. A lot of PFs that turned out so-so would have been better with this treatment.

gagaliya can guarantee they wouldn't.

Back