Green Lantern Life-Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most EXs never get discounted. The most you might get is the $20 off coupon, and it takes months for that to usually happen. And to answer your question about sell outs, Superman. But I don't think the Catwoman EX ever made it to coupon eligible either.

Batman and Superman may have sold out quick, but not sure that was legit. Both either came back in stock or Wait Lists converted very quick. That is not much of a sell out IMO. I am talking about stuff like the P2 Savage bust that sold out in less than a day and almost no WLs converted. Seems to never happen now, you can almost always wait and use a discount on them before the sell out(and some even before the ES is set). Catwoman I am pretty sure made it as I was considering her, but ended up passing.

Batman and Superman may have sold out quick, but not sure that was legit. Both either came back in stock or Wait Lists converted very quick. That is not much of a sell out IMO. I am talking about stuff like the P2 Savage bust that sold out in less than a day and almost no WLs converted. Seems to never happen now, you can almost always wait and use a discount on them before the sell out(and some even before the ES is set). Catwoman I am pretty sure made it as I was considering her, but ended up passing.
Just because it takes a while to sell out doesn't mean it makes to a discount. And as soon as it watlists, no matter if you "count" it or not, automatically means no discounts can be applied. So waiting for a discount isn't always the smartest thing when dealing with exclusives.

Just because it takes a while to sell out doesn't mean it makes to a discount. And as soon as it watlists, no matter if you "count" it or not, automatically means no discounts can be applied. So waiting for a discount isn't always the smartest thing when dealing with exclusives.
If it becomes coupon eligible I would say it does, that is "discounted" in my book. I agree it is not always the best thing to wait, but odds are it won't sell out and there is no rush anymore. Worst case you jump on the WL early and you get a 100% chance of a conversion. I know Batman EX came back in stock, so you could have used a discount on him, not sure about Superman, but still, I got on a year after it "sold out" and still got one and a lot of people WAY after me did too.

These life size busts won't sell out before you can use a $20 coupon so it's best to wait at least for that.

If it becomes coupon eligible I would say it does, that is "discounted" in my book. I agree it is not always the best thing to wait, but odds are it won't sell out and there is no rush anymore. Worst case you jump on the WL early and you get a 100% chance of a conversion. I know Batman EX came back in stock, so you could have used a discount on him, not sure about Superman, but still, I got on a year after it "sold out" and still got one and a lot of people WAY after me did too.
But thats what I'm saying, Exclusives tend to hit waitlist before becoming coupon eligible. And I don't belueve Batman came back into stock, his waitlist however was closed and the reopened.

All I'm saying is, if an EX is important to a collector, best not to wait. If you don't mind a reg. Wait to your hearts content.

But thats what I'm saying, Exclusives tend to hit waitlist before becoming coupon eligible. And I don't belueve Batman came back into stock, his waitlist however was closed and the reopened.

All I'm saying is, if an EX is important to a collector, best not to wait. If you don't mind a reg. Wait to your hearts content.

True, the reg now days are pretty good as well. Esp If you are international collector

This arrived to me today and I have to say that I am confused as to why he (and Joker) are so much taller than the Batman bust. lol

This arrived to me today and I have to say that I am confused as to why he (and Joker) are so much taller than the Batman bust. lol
For some reason SS has trouble with matching scale even in the same line. I don't understand why, they know many will display them next to each other.

Make sure you do lol. Congrats my friend!

:lol Thank you Sir! And here they are.

Sideshow Decided to bust out the old school grey styro for GL
GLLifeSizeBust1 SM.jpg
GLLifeSizeBust2 SM.jpg
GLLifeSizeBust3 SM.jpg
GLLifeSizeBust4 SM.jpg
GLLifeSizeBust5 SM.jpg
GLLifeSizeBust7 SM.jpg
GLLifeSizeBust8 SM.jpg

:lol Yes my wallet is "not" happy, but I was with the deal. Now I need to just take it easy for a while. No more unexpected buys. :lol
I hear you there. I just got hit with the most expensive piece I have ever purchased last week( a "deal" on a life size alien) but I could not pass up this to go with my other DC busts. I never flex anymore, but had to this time.

Back