Green Lantern - General One Sixth Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Light-up features are cool but also frivolous. Most collectors have their figures in a glass cabinet, switching on/off all of these figures is too much work frankly.

If they could have optional AC plugging, that would be more useful as they could all go into one junction and turn off/on in one switch. Or even that motion sensor tech that koto is using for thier Iron Man would be more user-friendly

People would use them more with those systems IMO

Great character designs, while absolutely required, aren't the only things that sell figures...especially $200 figures. There are plenty of HTs figures that had great designs that weren't exactly blockbuster sell outs for them. And as much as you guys who want this want to disagree, a Renolds GL figure would have fell right into that category.

I mean, how many guys have even chimed in to express their disappointment at the confirmation that this figure is cancelled?? Maybe 20 guys with Nam and Nova being the most outspoken???

I'm sorry guys, I just don't think any real tangible pent up demand for this figure exist.

The first thing I did when I read this was cancelled? I ordered the Mattel Movie Master 12" version. Got it and it's a pretty decent figure for half the price of a Hot Toys version. You won't be able to pose this one much though. I may repaint the head and other parts later on.

Last edited:
Still super bummed about this one. Thank goodness they used their resources to produce a $200 Barbie with a sword from an even bigger stinker of a film.
Still holding out hope they may produce this one day. 25 years later we are still getting P1 product so it is not out of the realm of possibility.

Well, they did say that they still have the license and that it's "on hold," and they made it pretty clear that they are 90 percent (not 100) on cancellation. So, I'm wondering if it won't be another Ghost Rider situation where it's shelved for a while, and then a year that's short on movies (and thus, licenses) hits and they finally get motivated to finish it. Let's be honest here, Ghost Rider had a pretty modest box office, and it wasn't heralded by critics by any means, and that figure came out last year, 4 years after the film. I think that, with MoS, Wolverine, and IM3 hitting next year, it'll be a long shot, but as far as I can tell, the only big film in 2014 seems to be Cap 2, and who knows? By this time next year, there might be an announcement for GL 2 in 2014. There's still hope.

I agree with you BF. I really think this design warrants at least one figure but HTs just seems to be so much about what sells and less about what's cool now. I can understand it as they are a business and as they grow, they're gonna take less risk as they have more to lose and more mouths to feed, so to speak.

Just look at 300. We only got Leonitus (sp?) out of that movie and it was praised by all of Comicdom! And there were tons of great character designs from that movie. Even some that would make great army building opportunities. But like many other HTs properties, it was one and done.

I personally wouldn't buy this figure unless it was all tricked out but that is mostly because I'm no Ryan Renolds fan and I thought the movie was a waste of 2 hours of my life that I can never get back. BUT, if the figure was ground breaking enough and was rendered in a very similar way as it was in the movie, I'd be all over it just because of the engineering that went into it.

Great character designs, while absolutely required, aren't the only things that sell figures...especially $200 figures. There are plenty of HTs figures that had great designs that weren't exactly blockbuster sell outs for them. And as much as you guys who want this want to disagree, a Renolds GL figure would have fell right into that category.

I mean, how many guys have even chimed in to express their disappointment at the confirmation that this figure is cancelled?? Maybe 20 guys with Nam and Nova being the most outspoken???

I'm sorry guys, I just don't think any real tangible pent up demand for this figure exist.

I disagree and would hope that we've all left cheap party gimmicks to Hasbro, Matty, Playmates, etc. You guys have fallen for PERS and the light-up garbage (which only adds potential QC issues). What's next? Action features like a typhoon punch or thunder kick with just a twist of the waist? Sound chips with moveable mouths? Remember how craptastic that talking Duke looked? No thanks. Leave the cheap gimmicks for TRU where they belong. I'd prefer a non-gimmicky, "museum quality" piece that's fully articulated and looks like the character it's meant to portray. :wave

I hear you Nam. I'm not a big fan of PERS but I do think when the lighting features are used well, they add value to the overall product. Examples where it works, Iron Man and Predators. Not so successful, bases...and maybe the DX 02 sonar head. No ones saying they should crank up the kitsch ala Mattel, Hasbro or Playmates. But pushing the boundaries to capture the accuracy of the movie is the only thing that would make a GL figure anything more than a d.u.d. that's d.o.a.

I hear you Nam. I'm not a big fan of PERS but I do think when the lighting features are used well, they add value to the overall product. Examples where it works, Iron Man and Predators. Not so successful, bases...and maybe the DX 02 sonar head. No ones saying they should crank up the kitsch ala Mattel, Hasbro or Playmates. But pushing the boundaries to capture the accuracy of the movie is the only thing that would make a GL figure anything more than a d.u.d. that's d.o.a.

A light-up hand and chest ala Mech Test Tony would've worked perfectly fine and still allowed them to make one. They could've even gone the extra step and created a unique body to sell the figure. They would've gotten their money's worth by potentially milking it for an Abe and Sinestro as well. And potentially another Con-Ex by doing a Yellow Lantern Sinestro. It no more far fetched than what they've done with the P2 line and the fine tuned design alone would've sold them. The Predator line has proved this. In this case it's almost like they manufactured an impossible design concept as an excuse. :lol

They definitely could have stretched it out and made some cool characters from the film. That would have made me give it a second glance. But if it were just one figure, which I think was more than likely since their whole focus is Avengers & TDKRs, I would have passed if it were just a simple light up hand & chest.

I actually think you might be right on the manufactured road block. But I think it was created because they only had intentions on making GL and nothing else from the franchise. So they wanted to knock it out the park and make it one of their most outstanding figures since the only real push to sell the figure would be their execution of it.

I, as well as others, would've been perfectly content with only a GL to go with Batman and Superman, as a movie-based JL display. That said, I was just pointing out that there were other options to do more lanterns so a sculpted body wouldn't have been a wasted effort. :huh

True. You make a very good point. There was definitely options out there for them. I wonder how fans would have reacted to a completely sculpted figure with no "clothes". What about the joints? No chance hiding any of them.

True. You make a very good point. There was definitely options out there for them. I wonder how fans would have reacted to a completely sculpted figure with no "clothes". What about the joints? No chance hiding any of them.

Given most of the body is black, they could've gone the Bruce Lee route and done a sculpted muscle body, letting the black hide the joints. Adding swap-out hands and a swap-out head, and including pilot gear/jumpsuit would've added yet another option for another release. :lol

A light-up hand and chest ala Mech Test Tony would've worked perfectly fine and still allowed them to make one. They could've even gone the extra step and created a unique body to sell the figure. They would've gotten their money's worth by potentially milking it for an Abe and Sinestro as well. And potentially another Con-Ex by doing a Yellow Lantern Sinestro. It no more far fetched than what they've done with the P2 line and the fine tuned design alone would've sold them. The Predator line has proved this. In this case it's almost like they manufactured an impossible design concept as an excuse. :lol
tumblr_lzmw4q3ub41qbijuvo1_500.gif

Did I miss something or did HT NOT put out a Green Lantern movie figure?

What happened? :(
It. . .was cancelled!

So they're not making ANY figures from the movie?

I really don't collect super hero stuff, and I still haven't seen the movie, but I would have instantly purchased a figure of him.
I loved the movie design so damn much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back