Green Lantern - General One Sixth Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Green Lantern - Official License Announcement

The buzz on the movie died so quick I'm not sure I even expect a figure anymore...

Though realistically we probably will see something at one of the upcoming toy shows, would be really stupid to pay for the license and not make anything

The buzz on the movie died so quick I'm not sure I even expect a figure anymore...

Though realistically we probably will see something at one of the upcoming toy shows, would be really stupid to pay for the license and not make anything

Based on opening weekend, Captain America didn't make that much more than Green Lantern. And CA was a far better movie.

CA also only has about 3 figures it could make and would sell IMHO: Hero CA, Stage Show CA and Red Skull. Green Lantern has a slew of Alien Corps characters they can make.

Based on opening weekend, Captain America didn't make that much more than Green Lantern. And CA was a far better movie.

CA also only has about 3 figures it could make and would sell IMHO: Hero CA, Stage Show CA and Red Skull. Green Lantern has a slew of Alien Corps characters they can make.

But I doubt anybody is really interested in any of those Corps characters besides Sinestro. All im expecting (if we do get anything) is Green Lantern and if we're lucky Sinestro.

Not to mention all the tooling it would require to make such diverse body shapes.

If they were to make other Corp members, Sinestro and possible Tomar Re (possibly re-use the Jake Avatar body) would be the top of the list

If they made two Sucker Punch figures, we'll get two GL figures, the thing is that HT is seriously backlogged. We are still waiting on figures announced at the 10th Anniversary announcements....

While I agree about Cap, Green Lantern would be cost prohibitive given they all need unique sculpts and most, new bodies.

possible Tomar Re (possibly re-use the Jake Avatar body) would be the top of the list

Avatar bodies are 18" tall. Specialized bodies made for that line, I don't think there will be any real reuse of those bodies other than Avatar figures, hence part of the cost of those.

They'll make a Hal Jordan figure; there's no reason not to.

Even though the movie was balls, it's still a Hot Toys Green Lantern. I'd think about getting it...if the price was right.

As much as I would like an HT GL, with all of the announcements, this has dropped off of my list. Hopefully, Sideshow makes a kick-ass comic version of Hal.

Id still pick up a Hot Toys Green Lantern!!! It go great with SUPERMAN and DARK KNIGHT!!! I could make a JLA VS AVENGERS HT Diorama!!!

They atleast gotta make a HAL, i liked CA alot more but GL is still an awesome comic book movie, and well deserves a Hero Hal, if not a Sinestro to go with him!!!!

Number 1 on my list!

tumblr_lidghwVh5f1qbdqjmo1_r4_500.gif

Close to the top of my list......the movie was so-so but the costume designs dope. I hope we get a minimum of 2 figures. More than two even better.

GL was still a good movie. A GL would make a great addition to My Hot Toys DC line.

Green Lantern for DC, Iron Man for Marvel. It's like red and white wine, different tastes for different purposes.

Even though the GL flick was the least of the four big superhero movies this summer (IMO) I'm still really excited about seeing (and possibly buying) HT's version of the character.

At the end of the day it'll probably depend on sales, but I'm pretty hopeful for the line.

I think it's difficult to say considering Hot Toys' track record when it comes to certain lines. Afterall, we got three figures from the Spirit. We're also getting at least two figures from Sucker Punch. Both of those movies pretty much flopped.

So based on that alone we should be getting some more Green Lantern figures. Then again Inglorious Basterds only got 2 figures, and the expendables only got one so far.

Who knows.

obviously on my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back