Green Lantern - General One Sixth Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Green Lantern - Official License Announcement

The costume isn't material at all. It's made of energy.

Well, October 25 seems to be the date for the Blu-ray release. A little later than I expected. Still hoping to see a gift card with it. :pray:

That's actually moved up from the original announced December date. :lol

I never actually saw it announced anywhere for December. That's a REALLY long time nowadays.

I never actually saw it announced anywhere for December. That's a REALLY long time nowadays.

Not really, considering that it was released in June and December would be 6 months, Iron Man 2 was released in May and didn't get a DVD release until the end of October practically November. Given that the film still has releases to be opened in other countries in August still, it's a little faster than expected but I'm assuming that is because they want to give it a run at the DVD market before the end of the year to decide whether or not to give a sequel based on those sales.

Iron Man 2 came out September 28. Anything over 4 months is unusual. It's also unusual that it's such a staggered release, especially since Warner typically has worldwide distribution on their titles and they aren't region locked.

Word is there's a pretty significant amount of material that Campbell was forced to change/cut due to studio demands, making for a much different film than he intended. So I'm holding out hope for a director's cut.

... not to give a sequel based on those sales.

Yeah, Boxofficemojo has their budget at $200 Mil and they only made $144 with domestic and international ticket sales so far. Maybe they will give it a go with the sequel and try to recoup on it.

At first I thought it was an ok movie but now i'm like... I don't know I really wouldn't recommend it! Well I'm not a huge green lantern fan though, I do own a Green Lantern Tshirt though!! :)

The best chance it has on a sequel is the Tron: Legacy route where the merchandising and the DVD sales really pushes it forward. No one has really posted any of the merchandising totals but I know a lot of things are already on clearance in places.

Yeah, also there is a lot of competition with all the other movies that came out for kids anyway. Toy wise, I know parents won't buy everything for every movie for the kids due to budget or other reasons. I mean, there was Thor, Cars 2, Transformers, Captain America, and Green Lantern. Not to mention the non movie toy lines as well. A lot of options.

As far as Hot Toys, I think this figure will sell pretty well. Regardless of the amount the movie takes in.

As far as Hot Toys, I think this figure will sell pretty well. Regardless of the amount the movie takes in.

One of my most anticipated licenses thus far. I am curious how HT will pull this off....I really hope one of the toy fairs shows us something...

The best chance it has on a sequel is the Tron: Legacy route where the merchandising and the DVD sales really pushes it forward. No one has really posted any of the merchandising totals but I know a lot of things are already on clearance in places.

Bought all the 3 3/4" figures and accessories for my kids. The figures suck compared to the Hasbro Marvel figs, but figured might as well help support it that way too. :lol

I just can't see them doing a sequel with this one just making over $100 million here at the BO. Respectable but it cost a fortune. I see a REBOOT maybe without Reynolds..as good as he was.
Hopefully DVD will make this abit better revenue-wise and a LOWER cost sequel will happen.

I want a figure from this film and Im hoping for a directors cut when it comes out on disk.

I'd love to have an Official GL figure. I'm tired of trying to customize my own just to add GL to my collection.

Well regardless we'll get at minimum a Hal from this, hopefully Sinestro as well since Mark Strong was absolutely perfect. As for the film, despite low box office, DC has to have a strong showing against Marvel, if there were more films in the pipeline then the property might be shelved but other than the Man of Steel which hasn't begun full principal photography yet, they have absolutely nothing past The Dark Knight Rises. The full expectation was that GL would have been an enormous hit and that the sequel would be in production to hit the 2013 summer season and continue that moving along.

The fact that Marvel has over 15 films from Marvel Studios and the licensees like Sony, 20th Century Fox, etc may push WB to allow a sequel to hit and hope that they can work out what didn't work to create a hit along those lines.

There is a chance for a sequel but I have a feeling it'll really depend on the home sales. If the film and merchandising can make up with the combined box office at least 75% of the budget (which is the number people spitting around on various sites) there is a good chance. BOM has this thing at almost $150,000 so who knows.

If making the sequel is still undecided, then perhaps we'll get Deadpool earlier (if Ryan is still set on playing the part) :D

WB must be ____ting their pants with HP done and TDKR a year after.

They'll probably ask Marvel if they can make a movie from their list of characters :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back