Green Lantern - General One Sixth Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Green Lantern - Official License Announcement

Just saw it- I ENJOYED IT! Very good superhero movie- I don't get the majority of scathing reviews.
Reynolds IS GL, he made me a believer!
Go see it if you are on the fence about it!
Now HT please deliver at least 2 figures from this!

I just got back from seeing the movie. Enjoyed it a lot more than Thor. It's a flawed movie, but still quite entertaining. Fight scenes were cool and the characters were fun.

Now that I have seen it, I really hope they don't just give him lame things like a fist and sword. I don't expect the turret gun, but the flamethrower and gatling gun would be amazing. He did so many awesome and creative things with the ring.

Saw it today as well and I can see why the critics bashed it. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. For me it definitely wasn't on par with Thor. That being said, I would buy a GL, but just him.

I hope the disappointing opening weekend doesn't deter HT from delivering Hal and Sinestro. Tho I fear it will be just Hal.

Depends on where they were in production. Sucker Punch was an utter failure at the box office but two figures were already planned. Four figures were planned for X-Men: First Class according to rumor, that film is doing well but not a box office success. I have a feeling Hal and Sinestro were planned at the same time but anyone else was waiting on popularity of the film. You also have to remember that HT is an Asian company. If the film opens in Asian Markets and literally kills over there, they won't drop the license immediately, they'll milk it there no problem even if it doesn't smash records stateside. Not to mention I haven't read a post that said they wouldn't get a Hal despite some not liking the film.

^^^^^ regardless my take on the film itself, I did like the costume designs of the film (exception being GL mask). I am down for Lanterns and Guardians.

Re: Hot Toys Green Lantern - Offical License Announcment

Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree. Otherwise too similar to Hal's suit.

I had only two problems with the movie.

1. Not enough character development for Hal. It was only twenty minutes in and he already was getting his ring. I thought they should have spent maybe another ten minutes or so concentrating on his life before becoming a Green Lantern.
2. Not enough Kilowog. Seriously, there HAS to be more Kilowog in the sequel. And that training montage was waaay to short.

Otherwise it was good! Can't wait for the HT Hal.

Agreed.

The line when he says 'can I train 'em?!' Seemed pretty lame considering training only lasted 5 minutes. :cuckoo:

I respectfully disagree. Considering that Sinestro's suit was basically the SC suit in green, you are arguing color semantics.

I hate to say it, but I really do not think we will be getting more than one figure release for this license. The movie is getting pretty awful reviews and sales. Thor received great feedback, but we've only seen two figures from Hot Toys with no Loki announced. What makes people think GL will get the Thor treatment?

It doesn't help that Sinestro didn't do anything in the movie.

I hadn't been paying much attention to the previews or trailers prior to seeing the movie so I was really impressed by the way they did Hal's suit. It just looked really cool, but it is going to be difficult to capture in figure form. How Hot Toys designs his suit will be the key to making or breaking this figure in my opinion. They cannot just treat it like Spider-Man or Superman's suit. It's very unique.

What makes people think GL will get the Thor treatment?

For recent releases HT has been following the rule of two. When they announce licenses far past the films release we got one with Wolverine being the only exception.

Spirit (Flop) - 3 figures
Watchmen (Flop) - 2 figures
Spider-Man 3 (Flop) - 2 figures so far
Sucker Punch (Flop) - 2 confirmed figures
Tron: Legacy (Flop) - 2 figures, kind of.

There is a great shot you'll get 2 from this but other than Hal who knows who will be the other. It might be Hector, it might be Abin Sur for all we know.

For recent releases HT has been following the rule of two. When they announce licenses far past the films release we got one with Wolverine being the only exception.

Spirit (Flop) - 3 figures
Watchmen (Flop) - 2 figures
Spider-Man 3 (Flop) - 2 figures so far
Sucker Punch (Flop) - 2 confirmed figures
Tron: Legacy (Flop) - 2 figures, kind of.

There is a great shot you'll get 2 from this but other than Hal who knows who will be the other. It might be Hector, it might be Abin Sur for all we know.

Ah I see. Yeah that seems to be the pattern.

:exactly: Any other combo wouldn't make sense but we are talking HT

Says everything we need to know. :lol:lol:lol:lol:rotfl

Seriously...They'll probably give us Tom and Carol and then hang up the license.

Pieface.jpg

green-lantern-blake-lively-Carol-Ferris-600x400.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler:

I respectfully disagree. Considering that Sinestro's suit was basically the SC suit in green, you are arguing color semantics.

Don't know what "SC" is, but I am indeed mostly talking about color.

Regardless, these are pretty darn similar:

sinestro-green-lantern-2011-movie-still.jpg

ryan-reynolds-talks-green-lantern-53325-00-470-75.jpg

I mean, the striations are in a different pattern and the lanterns are a little different in size, but other than that I don't see much difference.

Anyway, I like the idea of having the hero displayed with a fully realized villain. And the difference in color would be quite striking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back