Greedo ALWAYS SHOT FIRST!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"George Lucas: Changes are not unusual — I mean, most movies when they release them they make changes. But somehow, when I make the slightest change, everybody thinks it’s the end of the world."

I am glad this Egomaniac is retiring, which wont stick. He is in his own world....Yes..people change things..but not 20 years after it came out..and change it 10 times...they do it pre production. Some movies add stuff in on special release on DVD/Blu rays. This guy is either so far removed from reality, an idiot, a pompous ass, or a combination of all three.

I don't get mad over this stuff. Let poor demented George live in his fantasy land and let him take another dose of Aricept to try and improve his memory.

Hes a mulit billionaire.
He wishes he had a mullet.

Sorry guys, but it looks like lucas is not backing down on this, check out this clip that will be in the new 3d version! :lecture

https://youtu.be/1YddYZDKpOY
LOL

Honestly, for me it's gone so far past the point of getting riled up over this. I now find all of Lucas's backpedaling insanity to be legitimately hilarious. When I read this earlier, it didn't stir up any "HOW COULD HE SAY THAT?" feelings. I just started laughing.
:lecture Hard for me to get angry at this point. Like others, since I got the Harmy version, I just don't care much anymore. Enjoy your delusions, George! :wave

Hell, I'm still pissed about the way Lucas decided that the entire saga was now about Anakin, decreasing the significance of Luke in the OT. ____ you George, ____ you.
Given how deluded and insane George became in the years between the OT and the PT, surrounded with yes-men, apparently driven by the exclusive desire to sell toys and play to the lowest common denominator, he was not really the same guy in my mind. In that sense, the prequels are just glorified fan fiction, Rich. No more, no less. Nothing to get worked up over :hi5:

Greedo shot first? Really? He was pointing his pistol directly at Han the entire time. At that range, it is near impossible for him to miss! If He did shoot first, Han would have been dead for sure. No professional Bounty hunter could possibly be a bad enough shot to miss at that range. Han HAD to have shot first. There is simply no other way. On the other hand, if Greedo had his weapon holstered and then drew first on Han, but Han was faster and shot him, that would be totally different, however that isn't what happened. If Greedo simply had his hand on his gun in his holster as a threat instead of pointing it at Han, it would have been better.

Where is this coming from? I just checked, and the "Close the blast doors" line is still in the special edition version of the DVD, and has been in every home video version that I can recall. Having them first yell to close the doors and then yell to open them is kind of the whole point of that scene.

As for Lucas being full of it, yes he is. As a Jabba fan, the change that bothers me even more than Greedo shooting first is the addition of Jabba to ANH. Lucas has claimed that he wanted to insert Jabba all along but that the technology wasn't up to it. But as far as I know, that's complete BS. First of all, it's painfully obvious that 1970s technology wasn't up to inserting a character into a scene like that, plus he didn't even have a design for Jabba as an alien at that point. And yet he still went ahead and filmed the scene with Declan Mulholland. I don't know why he can't just say, "we tried using a human Jabba and it just didn't click, so I changed my mind later and made Jabba a slug-like alien." But no, he has to pretend like he had the entire story planned out from day one.

Jabba was in that scene in the original Comic Book Adaptation by Marvel Comics which was published before the movie came out. I had one. Therefore, Lucas speaks the truth on that one. In the comic, Jabba was a humanoid that looked sort of like Walrus Man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jabba_the_Hutt

I thought I knew what Jabba looked like in 1977, so imagine my surprise when they turned him into a slug in Return Of The Jedi.

Last edited:
Jabba was in that scene in the original Comic Book Adaptation by Marvel Comics which was published before the movie came out. I had one. Therefore, Lucas speaks the truth on that one. In the comic, Jabba was a humanoid that looked sort of like Walrus Man.

Yet Lucas said he, at first, envisioned Jabba as a furry creature like Chewbacca. In 77 he was wearing a fur suit sort of thing.

Marvel only based Jabba on a Cantina alien, not from what Lucas wanted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jabba_the_Hutt

I thought I knew what Jabba looked like in 1977, so imagine my surprise when they turned him into a slug in Return Of The Jedi.

The Marvel adaptation has nothing to do with anything, really, as they did that independently and just sort of re-used a Cantina alien-like design. There's a very good and very long article on this whole subject here if you're interested:

Jabba the Hutt: Wonderful Human Being

The Marvel adaptation has nothing to do with anything, really, as they did that independently and just sort of re-used a Cantina alien-like design. There's a very good and very long article on this whole subject here if you're interested:

Jabba the Hutt: Wonderful Human Being

The only thing I never knew was that they may have attempted it in 1981 (the matted puppet Jabba).

I'm just kind of glad he did abandon it and allowed us to have the ROTJ Jabba in all his glory. I just sort of wish Lucas could admit it.

Why is him shooting first such a big deal? Why do people care? It's like 3 seconds different of something that doesn't even matter. Either way, a character that has so many unneccasary figures and love for no reason dies. The end. I for one want the Blu Ray for the changes.

Why is him shooting first such a big deal? Why do people care? It's like 3 seconds different of something that doesn't even matter. Either way, a character that has so many unneccasary figures and love for no reason dies. The end. I for one want the Blu Ray for the changes.

Because it changes the character's personality.

Anyone defending him at this point is just grasping straws. :lecture And is also wrong. So very wrong. And also hates movies, and wishes they would be destroyed. Also kills babies.

Truthfully if you don't get it then you probably won't... but people who grew up with these movies and respect them generally disagree with these changes.

And a thing you should keep in mind is many would not care if changes were made as long as they were able to buy the unaltered films in the current format.

Give me an HD unaltered trilogy and he can do whatever the hell he wants with the movies.

....now for this question, in the scene in Phantom Menace on Naboo, when the droid army was crushing the trees and about to run down Qui Gon and Jar-Jar, who pushed down whom???

I say Jar-Jar, Qui Gon wanted to end it all and end this abomination of a character, BUT NOOOOOOOO, Lucas wanted the cute factor in this movie and made them re-shot the scene where the JEDI-SAVES-THE-HELPLESS-NATIVES scene, just like his friend Cameron in AVATAR

...damn spilled red wine on my keyboard:monkey4

I understand that if Solo had shot first then it would make him more of a killer, however that was just our first impression scene. Now that we have already seen the movies a ridiculous amount of times it shouldn't matter, because the rest of the movies should show you what he is actually like anyway.

I understand that if Solo had shot first then it would make him more of a killer, however that was just our first impression scene. Now that we have already seen the movies a ridiculous amount of times it shouldn't matter, because the rest of the movies should show you what he is actually like anyway.

Hindsight's a glorious thing but no. It still matters. It changes his character completely especially for someone watching it for the first time.

The thing about the Jabba scene in ANH what I never understuud was why would Han call Jabba "a wonderfull humanbeing"?
Then I saw the unalterd version with the actor in it... So Lucas saying that he knew from the beginning that he wanted to change the actor with the cgi Jabba is lying as much as people on the board here say the love Jar-jar... :slap

The thing about the Jabba scene in ANH what I never understuud was why would Han call Jabba "a wonderfull humanbeing"?
Then I saw the unalterd version with the actor in it... So Lucas saying that he knew from the beginning that he wanted to change the actor with the cgi Jabba is lying as much as people on the board here say the love Jar-jar... :slap

Lucas didn't specifically say he wants to change actor into Jabba, just into somekind of alien.

I always thought the line is just Han taking a piss at Jabba.

Back