Greedo ALWAYS SHOT FIRST!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all know Kurtz and Lucas clashed in a lot of the story telling points. And once Kurtz was out of the picture for ROTJ, you saw how milder and gentler that movie is compared to the other two.

Nope. It had nothing to do with Kurtz. Otherwise why would Leia shoot those two Stormtroopers at the end of the Endor battle "in cold blood?" They weren't even laughing about the idea of her "dead body," they just asked her and Han to stand up and she blew them away! What a murderer! :duh

Nope. It had nothing to do with Kurtz. Otherwise why would Leia shoot those two Stormtroopers at the end of the Endor battle "in cold blood?" They weren't even laughing about the idea of her "dead body," they just asked her and Han to stand up and she blew them away! What a murderer! :duh

Yeah, Lucas cared more about a weird looking alien getting killed in cold blood than two humans in battle armor. lol

So the thing that made Han seem incredibly dangerous, the fact he would shoot you simply because you stood in his way never happened. We just wanted it to be so because as 7 year old I was dying to see an alien killed. Got it.

exactly...but you aren't reading the new script where it was re-written 2-1-12.

Oh ya, this one:

HAN: Yes, I'll bet you have.

Suddenly the slimy alien (tries to shoot Han but somehow misses from 2 feet away :lol ) disappears in a blinding flash of light. Han pulls his smoking gun from beneath the table as the other patron look on in bemused amazement. Han gets up and starts out of the cantina, flipping the bartender some coins as he leaves.

HAN: Sorry about the mess (Han whines, But he tried to shoot me first. Whaa...Whaaaaa...
:monkey2

There's really no defending Lucas anymore. The fanboys and apologists have fewer and fewer ground to stand on.

In the future ALL people are going to hate the prequels, there will be nobody left to love or defend them. It's as if some nostalgia from the good ol' days still lingers with these folks.

People will see them and Lucas for what it really is. (Bad movies, and a man thats a ____in insane troll!) Especially after watching the first 3.

THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THE PREQUELS IS JOHN WILLIAMS!

Last edited:
Oh ya, this one:

HAN: Yes, I'll bet you have.

Suddenly the slimy alien (tries to shoot Han but somehow misses from 2 feet away :lol ) disappears in a blinding flash of light. Han pulls his smoking gun from beneath the table as the other patron look on in bemused amazement. Han gets up and starts out of the cantina, flipping the bartender some coins as he leaves.

HAN: Sorry about the mess (Han whines, But he tried to shoot me first. Whaa...Whaaaaa...
:monkey2

haha. :clap

There's really no defending Lucas anymore. The fanboys and apologists have fewer and fewer ground to stand on.

In the future ALL people are going to hate the prequels, there will be nobody left to love or defend them. It's as if some nostalgia from the good ol' days still lingers with these folks.

People will see them and Lucas for what it really is. (Bad movies, and a man that a ____in insane troll!) Especially after watching the first 3.

I like Lucas' idiotic and naive comparison to Ridley Scott's various versions of "Blade Runner." GEORGE, they are ALL available so the FAN (you know, the one that made you a billionaire) can have the one he so desires. Scott never declared that one was the ONLY one he approved. Scott never made up lies that the original prints were too far gone to update.

Yeah, total B.S.

Young George had stones....'Ol George has got children and is spinning this as 'bad editing'

Bad editing my ass, Greedo did shoot first! LOL

[ame="https://youtu.be/1YddYZDKpOY"]https://youtu.be/1YddYZDKpOY[/ame][/QUOTE]

Thanks Outlander, that just made my morning..!

I like Lucas' idiotic and naive comparison to Ridley Scott's various versions of "Blade Runner." GEORGE, they are ALL available so the FAN (you know, the one that made you a billionaire) can have the one he so desires. Scott never declared that one was the ONLY one he approved. Scott never made up lies that the original prints were too far gone to update.

:exactly::goodpost:

Actually, it was all Porkin's fault! :slap
More Porkins.

A friend and I were just talking last week how, in real life, Lucas has kind of mirrored Anakin's changes through Star Wars.

He innocently created this franchise with good intentions, and the world embraced and made him this huge celebrity, but his 'love' of the films has slowly twisted him (and the films) into something that has become like a 'villain' to his fans. To redeem himself, he needs to "throw the Emperor down the shaft" before he dies and release the original cuts in hi-def, unmodified. Then on his death bed, he can whisper "They were right. They were right about me. Tell the fans... they were right".

Well done... that Porkins thing was funny; but Lucas' last words are the best :lol

Wow, yeah. He's full of it.

But I'm going to go out on a limb and give him the benefit of the doubt and suggest that maybe he was pressured by Gary Kurtz to make Han the one and only shooter. Maybe it's true that George all along wanted Han to shoot in self defense, and Kurtz said to him, "Nah, make him a bad-ass and have him shoot Greedo pre-emptively. That way the audience can feel like this scoundrel could turn on Luke and Ben at any time."

We all know Kurtz and Lucas clashed in a lot of the story telling points. And once Kurtz was out of the picture for ROTJ, you saw how milder and gentler that movie is compared to the other two.

So, who knows? :dunno

You can throw your back out stretching like that. :lol

Well, I think Greedo always was a bit too fast to Shoot and had bad aim from way back?

[ame="https://youtu.be/3a3Z-ImKGbk"]https://youtu.be/3a3Z-ImKGbk[/ame]

3. This one is minor but when they get through the blast door in the death star to avoid Vader, you can hear the Storm troopers tell the door operator (somewhere) to "Close the blast Doors" and then after it closes, you hear someone say "open the blast doors". In all the versions since the movie came out in theaters the "Close the blast Doors" line has been edited out. It is possible it is still on the non THX version of the Laser Disc. "

Where is this coming from? I just checked, and the "Close the blast doors" line is still in the special edition version of the DVD, and has been in every home video version that I can recall. Having them first yell to close the doors and then yell to open them is kind of the whole point of that scene.

As for Lucas being full of it, yes he is. As a Jabba fan, the change that bothers me even more than Greedo shooting first is the addition of Jabba to ANH. Lucas has claimed that he wanted to insert Jabba all along but that the technology wasn't up to it. But as far as I know, that's complete BS. First of all, it's painfully obvious that 1970s technology wasn't up to inserting a character into a scene like that, plus he didn't even have a design for Jabba as an alien at that point. And yet he still went ahead and filmed the scene with Declan Mulholland. I don't know why he can't just say, "we tried using a human Jabba and it just didn't click, so I changed my mind later and made Jabba a slug-like alien." But no, he has to pretend like he had the entire story planned out from day one.

Where is this coming from? I just checked, and the "Close the blast doors" line is still in the special edition version of the DVD, and has been in every home video version that I can recall. Having them first yell to close the doors and then yell to open them is kind of the whole point of that scene.

No, the "close the blast doors" line was never on video before the 1997 SE's. It was added back in in 1997 in the tradition of Luke's "you're lucky you got out of there." I'm glad the line was left out. The close/open lines don't sound related at all.

Its obviously two different actors and the emphasis is all wrong if they're supposed to go together.

"CLOSE the blast doors!"

"Open the BLAST doors, open the BLAST doors!"

"Open" should have been emphasized by the second trooper if he was frantically trying to undo his earlier command. I know, I know, way off the geek charts here but its SW so there you go.

As for Lucas being full of it, yes he is. As a Jabba fan, the change that bothers me even more than Greedo shooting first is the addition of Jabba to ANH. Lucas has claimed that he wanted to insert Jabba all along but that the technology wasn't up to it. But as far as I know, that's complete BS. First of all, it's painfully obvious that 1970s technology wasn't up to inserting a character into a scene like that, plus he didn't even have a design for Jabba as an alien at that point. And yet he still went ahead and filmed the scene with Declan Mulholland. I don't know why he can't just say, "we tried using a human Jabba and it just didn't click, so I changed my mind later and made Jabba a slug-like alien." But no, he has to pretend like he had the entire story planned out from day one.

Great point! If Jabba was always supposed to be a creature (even the two legged variety) where is the McQuarrie art? Surely something would have been drawn up if they got so far as to actually film and edit the entire scene.

Not to mention Jabba in ANH and the prequels looks like ____... way to ruin one of the coolest villains from the OT :huh

No, the "close the blast doors" line was never on video before the 1997 SE's. It was added back in in 1997 in the tradition of Luke's "you're lucky you got out of there." I'm glad the line was left out. The close/open lines don't sound related at all.

Well, okay. I guess my memory of the pre-1997 versions has been influenced by what I saw on video since then. But he was saying that the line that was in the theatrical version has been left out of every home video version, which isn't the case.

Back