Greedo ALWAYS SHOT FIRST!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
George is now saying that Greedo always got off a shot but you couldn't tell because of the close-ups? Then why was there only ONE blaster shot sound effect for 20 years. :lol

Wow.

Another crock from that article:

"It’s the same thing with Yoda. We tried to do Yoda in CGI in Episode I, but we just couldn’t get it done in time. We couldn’t get the technology to work, so we had to use the puppet, but the puppet really wasn’t as good as the CGI. So when we did the reissue, we had to put the CGI back in, which was what it was meant to be."

Um, no. George wanted to recapture the magic of OT Yoda by going with a puppet in TPM, and I didn't blame him. But on the AOTC DVD they actually have live footage of Rob Coleman doing off the clock screen tests of a digital ESB Yoda in his effort to *convince* George to let him do it for Episode II. Its right there for the world to see, just pop it in your DVD player. :lol :duh

Not to mention, people who "kill in self defense" don't non-chalantly toss money at the bartender and apologize for the mess.

He's killed before and at that point he'd definitely kill again... terrible how George had a genuinely great scene in cinematic history and then has repeatedly taken dump after dump on it :huh

"In Harmy I Trust!"

I think its obvious that "I changed my mind about this scene" has gotten him into more trouble than he bargained for so he's decided to die on the battlefield of "it was always meant to be this way" regardless of how idiotic it makes him sound.

Won't make sense to say they did the changes for the kids because the dead body of Greedo is still there.

So I guess the novel, written by Alan Dean Foster and fully credited to George Lucas, was WRONG all these years!?

attachment.php

I guess he hasn't gotten around to altering the novel yet? :monkey1

All Lucas had to do was change the subtitles!! If he was so intent on changing the scene. He should have said something to the effect of "you're not leaving here alive" or "now I'm gonna kill you" . This puts Han in a position where he has to act.....oh well.....what do I know?

One of the reasons I got the unaltered DVD set with the Theatrical Versions - were also new and factory sealed:

dvdstarwarsoriginaltril.jpg

Star Wars IV still not the Theatrical version. :(

Quote from an Amazon.com reviewer:

" This disc is missing 3 items that were in the original theatrical release. I will list all three.

1. When they are all in the control center(in the death star), C3P0 points and tells Kenobi where to release the tractor beam in 3 different points at the same location. (This was not on the DVD)

2. This one is the most obviuos ommission. When Luke and Leia are at the Chasm before Luke throws the grappling Hook to swing across. In the theater version , he puts the grappling hook in his gun and fires it at the ceiling so it will hook on. Unfortunately it misses for them and it falls down. Luke then needs to coil the whole cord up again with the hook and this time he tosses it and it catches. If you watch any version of the film you will see a really poor edit of Luke pulling up the cord from his belt multiple times as if it had fallen once. But Lucas couldn't just shorten the scene because it would have thrown off the music so he copied and pasted Luke pulling up the cord 2 times. For what ever reason, he felt the first time using a gun was not needed to be left in.

3. This one is minor but when they get through the blast door in the death star to avoid Vader, you can hear the Storm troopers tell the door operator (somewhere) to "Close the blast Doors" and then after it closes, you hear someone say "open the blast doors". In all the versions since the movie came out in theaters the "Close the blast Doors" line has been edited out. It is possible it is still on the non THX version of the Laser Disc. "

So I guess the novel, written by Alan Dean Foster and fully credited to George Lucas, was WRONG all these years!?
I guess he hasn't gotten around to altering the novel yet? :monkey1

Or the copies of the original script they sold! Here's how it was writte:

GREEDO: You can tell that to Jabba. He may only take your ship.

HAN: Over my dead body.

GREEDO: That's the idea. I've been looking forward to killing you for
a long time.

HAN: Yes, I'll bet you have.

Suddenly the slimy alien disappears in a blinding flash of
light. Han pulls his smoking gun from beneath the table as the
other patron look on in bemused amazement. Han gets up and
starts out of the cantina, flipping the bartender some coins
as he leaves.

HAN: Sorry about the mess

Wouldn't greedo's gun be smoking if he fired it? Wouldn't there be 2 flashes of light? It obvious only Han FIRED!!!!

:lecture :gah:

" they wanted Solo [who seemed to be the one who shot first in the original] to be a cold-blooded killer, but he actually isn’t. "

Wow! What an ass! So everyone, pretty much all of us, who thought SW was good enough as is with Han shooting Greedo first are all filled with blood lust and we all wish Han Solo was some kind of murdering bastard... Understood, Lucas. :cuss:

Wow, yeah. He's full of it.

But I'm going to go out on a limb and give him the benefit of the doubt and suggest that maybe he was pressured by Gary Kurtz to make Han the one and only shooter. Maybe it's true that George all along wanted Han to shoot in self defense, and Kurtz said to him, "Nah, make him a bad-ass and have him shoot Greedo pre-emptively. That way the audience can feel like this scoundrel could turn on Luke and Ben at any time."

We all know Kurtz and Lucas clashed in a lot of the story telling points. And once Kurtz was out of the picture for ROTJ, you saw how milder and gentler that movie is compared to the other two.

So, who knows? :dunno

neither greedo or han fired at all.............there was a shot from the grassy knoll...............:panic:

Last edited:
neither greedo or han fired at all.............there was a shot from the grassy nole...............:panic:

Actually, it was all Porkin's fault! :slap
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32itsA81Ouw"]More Porkins[/ame].

A friend and I were just talking last week how, in real life, Lucas has kind of mirrored Anakin's changes through Star Wars.

He innocently created this franchise with good intentions, and the world embraced and made him this huge celebrity, but his 'love' of the films has slowly twisted him (and the films) into something that has become like a 'villain' to his fans. To redeem himself, he needs to "throw the Emperor down the shaft" before he dies and release the original cuts in hi-def, unmodified. Then on his death bed, he can whisper "They were right. They were right about me. Tell the fans... they were right".

Lucas is a fool. I used to respect him when he was anti-studio and against studio interference in movies. Then he became what he was afraid of when he first started. Now he is re-writing history again. I think I find those defending Lucas more annoying than Lucas himself as I've come to expect this bottom-feeder mentality from him. That's why he won't be getting my money for this 3D re-release today and still hasn't for the blurays.

Lucas is a fool. I used to respect him when he was anti-studio and against studio interference in movies. Then he became what he was afraid of when he first started. Now he is re-writing history again. I think I find those defending Lucas more annoying than Lucas himself as I've come to expect this bottom-feeder mentality from him. That's why he won't be getting my money for this 3D re-release today and still hasn't for the blurays.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Or the copies of the original script they sold! Here's how it was writte:

GREEDO: You can tell that to Jabba. He may only take your ship.

HAN: Over my dead body.

GREEDO: That's the idea. I've been looking forward to killing you for
a long time.

HAN: Yes, I'll bet you have.

Suddenly the slimy alien disappears in a blinding flash of
light. Han pulls his smoking gun from beneath the table as the
other patron look on in bemused amazement. Han gets up and
starts out of the cantina, flipping the bartender some coins
as he leaves.

HAN: Sorry about the mess

Wouldn't greedo's gun be smoking if he fired it? Wouldn't there be 2 flashes of light? It obvious only Han FIRED!!!!

:lecture :gah:

exactly...but you aren't reading the new script where it was re-written 2-1-12.

Back