Gran Turismo 5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see that I wasn't the only one hoping for a tree fitty five! Only the best sounding and arguably epitome of a good Ferrari sportscar, and it's been left out!

Im biased as if i won the lottery tomorrow, the first thing i would do is buy a 355. Just think its one of those cars rhat look stunning from every angle.
I nearly cried when i didnt see it :(
Im sure iv seen some cars on the licences that are not in the car roster.
Pretty sure i saw an old lambo.
Where's the segaris??

I'm still on the fence on getting this game. I would like to actually get it to play it online with a few of my friends. How's the online play? Possible to just race with 3-4 of my friends at the same time or is it just 1vs1 type of races?

The games very good online. I will warn you tho that if you go into an open room, some drivers will try and run you of the road which can be frustrating. If you play the game with friends and properly, Its superb and you shoud def buy this.

The games very good online. I will warn you tho that if you go into an open room, some drivers will try and run you of the road which can be frustrating. If you play the game with friends and properly, Its superb and you shoud def buy this.

Nice. That's mainly my focus when playing online, with friends. The single player mode is probably where I will be focusing majority of my time. Thanks guys!

Im biased as if i won the lottery tomorrow, the first thing i would do is buy a 355. Just think its one of those cars rhat look stunning from every angle.
I nearly cried when i didnt see it :(
Im sure iv seen some cars on the licences that are not in the car roster.
Pretty sure i saw an old lambo.
Where's the segaris??

You and me both :D
Yeah I swear I've raced against a Porsche even though they aren't in game to buy?

Online with friends is EPIC. The framerate and standard of play is phenomenally mental. Love it. You have to sit in the lounge and start a little lobby room but it only takes no more than 5 mins very tops. It's all ridiculously quick loading from there

Just picked up the game. It's pretty good but feels the same as any other GT games. Waiting on my buddies to pick theirs up for some online fun. In the meantime, anyone have any recommendation on which expensive cars to save up for? Currently driving a used Civic Type R 98 with minor mods to beat the races.

You and me both :D
Yeah I swear I've raced against a Porsche even though they aren't in game to buy?

Online with friends is EPIC. The framerate and standard of play is phenomenally mental. Love it. You have to sit in the lounge and start a little lobby room but it only takes no more than 5 mins very tops. It's all ridiculously quick loading from there

Yeah im sure i raced against an old lambo on one of the licenses....
Iv heard there may not be any map or car packs coming out and there main focus is to polish up all the old cars, add in car views which is good, tho no added cars sucks.
For me there are to many cracking retro super cars that didnt make the game.
Just going to have to get used to no 355 :(

I'm pretty dissappointed with them wanting to fix the older cars.
Who rightly cares?! The Bugatti Veyron for example doesn't even have an interior view. Put effort into those cars instead of like, 1987 Celicas and that crap! God they spend time on useless crap.

"In the meantime, anyone have any recommendation on which expensive cars to save up for?"

Whatever you do, don't f@#$ up like I did. Had over a million credits and needed a german car for their cup. Bought the SLR McLaren Mercedes without looking at the price and then realised 'oh ____, why do I now only have 70,000 dollars!'
After doing it up, now I have no money left to buy other cars to enter other cups with, can't level up any more without wins and am just going to be stuck redoing crappy races 50 gazillion times over to get more money. It's this annoying POS style that burns me about GT games. Just give me a race and the car to go with it off the bat FFS. And the worst part about all this.
"This car cannot be sold"
:mad::gah::slap

5290860456_73ce888453_b.jpg

5290860462_c517123c72_b.jpg

5290860470_b01178cfb4_z.jpg
5290860466_ca96390896_z.jpg

5290860480_96b0c42d69_b.jpg

5290277305_8745f5bb9b_b.jpg

Sister got this for me today for Christmas. Been quite fun so far and loving that I can race friends with all kinds of cars.

Update 1.05 stuffed corrupted my game. :( Was stuck at the loading screen. Had to delete game file ( but not save file ) and reinstall the lot. Working sweet again and save/progress regained, but not happy Jan!

Indeed vodoun. Backing up game files before updates is a must I'm told. How they can let ____ like that slip through though is just putrid. Realling tiring me this game.
BTW, how come some of these photos I'm seeing look so freakin crisp! I swear even in 1080p mine looks nowhere near as good and has the little white dotties on the edges of guards and stuff.

I never understood the appeal of these games. it is so repetitive only to get different car renderings. They are not even like driving the real life counter-parts, why waste so much time trying to unlock them?

I never understood the appeal of these games. it is so repetitive only to get different car renderings. They are not even like driving the real life counter-parts, why waste so much time trying to unlock them?

It was so unappeaing that you stumbled into this thread? :huh

The appeal for me is that they provide for me a sense of what different cars are capable of. As a car guy, I like to know how cars perform and really enjoy the simulated driving.

Back