Gran Turismo 5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://uk.ign.com/videos/2010/11/24/gran-turismo-5-gt-career-leveling-gameplay.

Looks like an HD PS2 Game. Best looking racer my A$$. Those cars look so basic and the jaggies are so bad. The courses look dull and uninspired. I think fan boys will defend this game no matter what but the fact still remains they spent 5 years making this game and it looks so last gen. I'm not usually fussy about visuals but in racing games I think realistic graphics adds to the gamplay. Hot Pursuit is an absolutely gorgeous looking game and its more fun because of it. After playing Forza 3 today I came to realise that the cockpit visuals are very bland but at least the option is there. The fact you have to wait to unlock premium cars and that theres only 200 of them is such a cop out. I will get this game when its cheaper bcause at the moment it doesn't seem worth it.

Am I the only one that thinks that Prologue, looks, feels and drives better than this? Got it yesterday and am less than impressed. All they did was put ____loads of effort into making the playbacks look good. The replays are even down in quality!
Prologue was nice and I would've just liked that but with fixed jaggies - which they were supposed to be doing. It not looks more rulerized than ever though?
Might trade for F1

I don't recall Forza getting this many mixed reviews when it was released. I actually purchased Forza while waiting for GT5 to come out. I think I'll wait it out until it goes on sale or something. Not really wanting to grind those licenses, haha.

Well iv had a quick go and it does seem like a story of two halves. Im hearing the "boring" cars look rubbish but i had a quick go of the arcade on a city track and it is by far the best looking racer iv seen. Having said that, i did a rain dull course and it didnt look to clever. Love the way the cars feel on this tho. Will start it properly tomorrow but this, with all its delays, should have been beyond perfect.
I suppose the older cars will not look as good considering they were probably done 4/5 years ago.
Cant really understand people comparing this to need for speed, cough, burnout. 2 very different games apart from the fact they both have cars. Iv also read you cant change the breaks which does sound the disappointing.

Forza completely aside - as I never want to hear about that and hate it; but I think this GT5 was nowhere near worth the wait. It's not the revolutionary swage they said it was going to be. I don't think it is a great game, put simply. Not even barely a good game

How sick are the go karts btw!
And mega fail on Top Gear's first cars being 50mph kombi's. Painful. I swear they do that ____ on purpose :(

Harsh to say its not barely a good game. Its not much different from the last gts which were superb but thats the problem. Its not really moved the series on and given the wait, It needed to be ground breaking which it isnt.

Games this realistic are boring to me. Put weapons on those cars and call it Twisted Metal! To me blur was awesome and underrated, arcade racers are the only way to go.

Harsh to say its not barely a good game. Its not much different from the last gts which were superb but thats the problem. Its not really moved the series on and given the wait, It needed to be ground breaking which it isnt.

Pretty much. 5 years in the making for what seems to be an expansion pack with upgraded visuals. I'm glad I didn't rush out to buy this game as I believe I'd be severely disappointed. I'll look for this on cheap come the first of the year.

It's for that same reason that I mean it's not 'good'. Sure, it's a sweet game, but it's not the good game they promised. I just cannot believe how in those 5 years the graphics barely have grown. They spent all those years making the playbacks look good

I can see your point. You could argue that if you put it side by side with the competion and forget about how long its taken to come out... Alot of people would say its the best driving sim out there.
On the other hand, the forza team will be rubbing there hands as I get the feeling the next forza will be better than this and in much less time.
Im really disappointed that this hasnt quite lived up to the hype. I have both machines but have always swayed towards the 360 as they seem to do a better job of the multi format ports but there have been a few ps3 games i love. I thought this would top them but i do feel let down and i find myself still wanting to try to love the ps3.

I've always looked to the PS for my sims and my allegiance usully lies with the F1 games which have killer graphics and physics. I'm not usually a fan of GT and this is annoying me in the same way that it always has. Just too freakin' tedious buying cars and starting from nothing. Yeah I get working up, but give me some karts and then put me in a race car!

I think GT5 would have been a great game for PS3 to bring out from the getgo. Pumping up the hype for 5 years only made the expectation too high meet.

This is a simulator, the game is suppose to be accurate! Having a flamethrower attached to a gatling gun is not the point

Im finding the munu's all a bit confusing... One minute i have 4 cars delivered, then are i cant find them lol.

Back