"Got My Anakin!" Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheObsoleteMan said:
When Boba Fett or Darth Maul get released this will all seem like a happy memory. I shudder to think about how ugly that whole scene's gonna get.

No the ugly part will be the ROTJ version of Boba will be the exclusive and the Empire version is the regular.

EVILFACE said:
No the ugly part will be the ROTJ version of Boba will be the exclusive and the Empire version is the regular.

That would be the first time for me to buy both the exclusive and regular editions of a figure.

I got one of the Exclusive versions! Called at 3 PM here in Florida & got my order in just in time! :banana

screamingmetal said:
Just FYI, Coupons do not work for Pre-Orders. Only for items in stock.

Actually they will unless they are specifically for in stock items only. I used a coupon when I preordered PF Leia.

As far as some of the rants and tirades. I really think they are out of place and unwarranted. If you did not expect this preorder to generate enough traffic to overload the servers then you were simply dreaming. The new system simply weeds out non-newsletter subscribers for a couple of hours. It also redirects all of the subscribers to 1 page at the same time. Come on, you know it's going to take a while to get your order in and there are going to be some bumps along the way. I can see getting anxious, very anxious after the first hour has passed with no luck. I know I did, but that's still no reason to verbally attack Sideshow. Simply crazy, imho. :cool:

Thanks Sideshow!

I just want to thank Sideshow for doing their best to try and answer the issues people have had in the past. No system is going to be perfect, but this one seems like it will work the best in the long run.

I hope everyone at Sideshow understands the frustrations and I'm sure our fellow board members didn't really mean some of the things they said, or at least I hope not.

Thanks again Sideshow, for giving us these wonderful products and trying to please everyone, which as we all know, is impossible!

:peace

This is funny...I hear some of the same things at over at RebelScum...

People experienced a very aggravating situation this afternoon....This is a public forum and people are allowed to vent their frustration. Just because some think it is uncalled doesn't mean it's so...that is an opinion, just like the people pouring out their grief over this purchase. "You'll find the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Usually people end up settling down on their own....yapping at them to chill out only exacerbates the the situation.

I sat through Master Replicas selling 1250 Elite Edition Lightsabers at $525 a pop and that was a truly grueling experience....a legitimate heart-attack.......AND THAT TOOK ONLY 14 MINUTES!
...And their servers are a certified disaster!

....Everything passes....this will too.....Like the other forum member said earlier....I shudder to think of Boba Fett's pre-ordering day! YIKES!

Sir Tristram said:
This is funny...
There's nothing funny about it.

Some of the posts in this thread are reprehensible, especially after the way Dusty and others at Sideshow spent the past few days patiently spoon-feeding answers to tediously redundant questions about the new ordering process. A lot of you folks should be ashamed of your caustic remarks and vitriolic criticism.

Well said, FF. I pity Sideshow employees since it seems like they get bitched out on every preorder day.

FrankenFan said:
There's nothing funny about it.

Some of the posts in this thread are reprehensible, especially after the way Dusty and others at Sideshow spent the past few days patiently spoon-feeding answers to tediously redundant questions about the new ordering process. A lot of you folks should be ashamed of your caustic remarks and vitriolic criticism.

I'm sorry...I didn't drench my comment with enough sarcasm...It clearly needed another helping. :rolleyes:

Darth Waller said:
Well said, FF. I pity Sideshow employees since it seems like they get bitched out on every preorder day.

Of course they do, they work there! Come on...They're the closest warm bodies while people are venting their frustration!
I saw a Wal-Mart guy get in a fist fight over the XBOX 360's! (Of course he came out bragging to us peons on the line how he just sold their allocation to his friends....(but still! ;) )

Sir Tristram said:
I'm sorry...I didn't drench my comment with enough sarcasm...It clearly needed another helping. :rolleyes:
Now, that's funny!

I guess I missed the adroit sarcasm in your other posts, as well:

Sir Tristram said:
Still can't get in....30meg cable here....can't get in.....Nice. Real F*#%&*# Nice!

me 2....this is F&%*#@ED UP!!!!!

Well they can have mine, because I have completly pulled mine out...This is F*%*#&%g ridiculous....I have never had this much trouble them....or Master Replcias and they are WORSE!

Wow....The sucks....BIGTIME!
Still....after almost an hour....Nothing, Nada, Zip, Zilch, ZERO!!!!!
Thanks SS!

How about anticpating the demand and purchasing lasrger servers and updating capcity?

....just a thought

Na....No thank you...I have had enough with these companies creating a demand for things that are already in MASSIVE demand....Like the XBOX 360....absurd....Master Replicas....Crashes every time. Now SS....I won't apologize for trying to throw my money at a company. Please.....
By they way, I still can;t get in...So my anger is justified.

Servers are very expensive and it doesn't make sense to radically upgrade for a capacity demand that occurs only once a month or quarter. From their point of view if would make more sense not to announce the time of the preorder. I went in an hour after it started and only experienced some slowness, not the problems some others seemed to have.

So please vote in the poll I just posted in the general section and let them know which you prefer.

You must have also? I shall have to remember to lay it on super thick in the future. Wow...I can't wait until the next pre-order when we're all together again! :fest

Darklord Dave said:
Servers are very expensive and it doesn't make sense to radically upgrade for a capacity demand that occurs only once a month or quarter. From their point of view if would make more sense not to announce the time of the preorder. I went in an hour after it started and only experienced some slowness, not the problems some others seemed to have.

So please vote in the poll I just posted in the general section and let them know which you prefer.
Yeah, I really thought it was going to start about an hour into the 10 to 12 marker they gave us!
I was stunned to see it right up just hardly a quarter past the hour! That was definitely when people were going to be storming the gates!

Sir Tris, I think we all understood your frustrations and some even had the same frustrations; it was just the way these frustrations were being expressed that we disagree with. I realize people are different and everyone has their own way of showing emotion, but cussing and threats(real or imagined) just really don't add anything to the situation or help anyone trying to figure out what to do to get through the process.

I'm sure the Sideshow employees take these comments with "a grain of salt", but deep down, most every human alive would be a little bit hurt with some of these comments directed at them. :peace

lcummins said:
Sir Tris, I think we all understood your frustrations and some even had the same frustrations; it was just the way these frustrations were being expressed that we disagree with. I realize people are different and everyone has their own way of showing emotion, but cussing and threats(real or imagined) just really don't add anything to the situation or help anyone trying to figure out what to do to get through the process.

I'm sure the Sideshow employees take these comments with "a grain of salt", but deep down, most every human alive would be a little bit hurt with some of these comments directed at them. :peace
Well, that was the most sincere thing I have heard all day. Seriously. Thanks, man.
I appreciate your understanding...And I in turn, understand where you lot are coming from!

Thank you also.

Sir Tristram said:
Well, that was the most sincere thing I have heard all day. Seriously. Thanks, man.
I appreciate your understanding...And I in turn, understand where you lot are coming from!

No problem. We're all hear to enjoy each other's company and talk about our favorite collectibles. These pre-orders just seem to cause us all a bit of anxiety.

Back