"Got My Anakin!" Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bluesparrow said:
One way to let us view the order during the preorder period would be to let the sites like Rebelscum host the pics as well.

Screw Rebelscum. They should be on this board, the only dedicated Sideshow board on the internet.

ChrisfromSideshow said:
I personally would like to thank you for your patience and understanding during these types of events. It is our utmost goal to serve you to the best of our ability, and as you can see from past situations, we are always improving the way we do things to make your experience better.

Chris, you and your team rock. Keep up the great work!

Darth Waller said:
Screw Rebelscum. They should be on this board, the only dedicated Sideshow board on the internet.

Agree.

Chris, you and the gang are doing a great job. I think we all can live with some slowness, technical problems happen to every online retailer from time to time, especially if you have a few few thousand Star Wars fans hitting it.

As for not seeing the pictures before ordering, go ahead and order, and when any problems that might come up are solved, check out the pics then. If the fig isnt up to snuff to you, cancel the order and let someone else get the figure on the wait list.

Thanks Chris - I think we all know how much you and everyone at sideshow cares about their customers. Good to see you acknowledging the issues many experienced during this pre-order. I think the priority pre-order is a great reward to the die hard fans. And putting up the newsletter for everyone to see at the same time is an excellent idea. One of the things I hated about getting the newsletter late was when certain items would re-appear in very limited quantities with last chance links and would be gone again by the time I got my newsletter. Now we all have a fair shot at everything. Thanks!!!

After this past week I have absolutely NOTHING to say to the webteam. My feelings are better suited to action.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

BTW Thinking about naming my first three children Chris, Dusty, and Marc...

Last edited:
Thnx Chris, Dusty, Chicky, etc on the web team.

You all I know are doing the best you can do. I know many of us appreciate the work you do and the fact you come here to explain why things happen. As I've said before you all at SS rock:joy

let the sites like Rebelscum host the pics as well

Rebelscum only added to yesterday's congestion. Their front page news at the time was basically a picture of the Anakin figure saying "on sale now, CLICK HERE to go and buy him!" There was nothing listed about the fact that it was preregistered priority members only. I'm sure tons of people clicked on through and clogged the server who weren't signed up and able to actually make a purchase. I don't see how Sideshow can do anything about other sites like this directing people at the wrong time.

tomandshell said:
Rebelscum only added to yesterday's congestion. Their front page news at the time was basically a picture of the Anakin figure saying "on sale now, CLICK HERE to go and buy him!" There was nothing listed about the fact that it was preregistered priority members only. I'm sure tons of people clicked on through and clogged the server who weren't signed up and able to actually make a purchase. I don't see how Sideshow can do anything about other sites like this directing people at the wrong time.

I agree & if I were SS I'd have a word with Rebelscum to tell them not to do that again. Sideshow's servers were probably flooded with non-newsletter subscribers having read the RS article. RS shoulda only posted that article when public sale was up.

pitchin said:
I agree & if I were SS I'd have a word with Rebelscum to tell them not to do that again. Sideshow's servers were probably flooded with non-newsletter subscribers having read the RS article. RS shoulda only posted that article when public sale was up.

Yeah, that wasn't too smart.

pitchin said:

Do any of you really think there are that many people on sites like Rebelscum, etc. that aren't newsletter subscribers already? I would find it hard to believe that most aren't signed up. :confused:

When you're a member of a collector's forum, you've got access to information about an upcoming collectible. It would be so easy to just wait and see what's coming because new product announcements are going to be posted on the forums. That said, I can see some people not being newsletter subscribers because they can just wait for a forum posting.

Last edited:
As an affiliate rebelscum was just posting a link that would be active after the priority preorder, I don't think they did anything wrong.

I do think that perhaps having the detail page up a day early would make sense though, so people are going back to look at the figure AFTER ordering.

Another fantastic idea would be to allow priority preorder members to phone in during the 2 hour window before it goes public.

Not so much because of the servers. I'm talking about those who can't get to a computer during that time and can't have someone they trust do the ordering because they also work. Also just incase the power goes out or your personal computer goes on the blitz.

Luckily this was not an issue for me since I was able to get both the luke and anakin exclusives. But I could have been one of the ones that missed out. It just would be nice to call incase for back up.

Of course Sideshow could always just do that subscription service we've been disscussing...

Booyah! said:
Another fantastic idea would be to allow priority preorder members to phone in during the 2 hour window before it goes public.

I agree. I always call in for my pre-orders because I hate ordering online.

Hmmmm wonder what the final number for regular is? 6500 as well?

Luke sold out in a week as well, unless that is how long SS is going to have each figure available.

Back