Good price for Premium Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I GOT MY CAPTAIN AMERICA!!! Woo hoo!!!:banana:banana:banana

So I woke up this morning, all excited as the tracking said its finally in town. Now as usual, After a long wait, I decided to walk up to the mailbox and sure enough, freakin letter saying Its at the post office in need of signature.:banghead
This is like the umpteenth time I never hear the postman ring the doorbell. From previous experience they always tell me to come back before closing or the next day but I tried anyway. Sure enough, come back later.
Its funny I was expecting also a package from fed ex and I had no trouble hearing them.

So anyway, after hours and hours of waiting. I get to the counter and the lady had trouble finding the box. I see her kept going back and forth mentioning my address to the other people so I'm thinking...Great!!! They'll probably ask me to come back tomorrow like before. But finally, the old lady comes back with the huge box and I'm sure I looked like the joker with the biggest grin. It was pretty funny as she was pretty old and she almost couldnt pick it up over the counter. She asked me what the hell is in this thing. Told her its a statue of course.

Man, this thing is amazing. I knew it's gonna be massive but still when I opened the box I was like...HOLY :horror

So, I'm pretty happy, I finally got my grail.:monkey5

I GOT MY CAPTAIN AMERICA!!! Woo hoo!!!:banana:banana:banana

So I woke up this morning, all excited as the tracking said its finally in town. Now as usual, After a long wait, I decided to walk up to the mailbox and sure enough, freakin letter saying Its at the post office in need of signature.:banghead
This is like the umpteenth time I never hear the postman ring the doorbell. From previous experience they always tell me to come back before closing or the next day but I tried anyway. Sure enough, come back later.
Its funny I was expecting also a package from fed ex and I had no trouble hearing them.

So anyway, after hours and hours of waiting. I get to the counter and the lady had trouble finding the box. I see her kept going back and forth mentioning my address to the other people so I'm thinking...Great!!! They'll probably ask me to come back tomorrow like before. But finally, the old lady comes back with the huge box and I'm sure I looked like the joker with the biggest grin. It was pretty funny as she was pretty old and she almost couldnt pick it up over the counter. She asked me what the hell is in this thing. Told her its a statue of course.

Man, this thing is amazing. I knew it's gonna be massive but still when I opened the box I was like...HOLY :horror

So, I'm pretty happy, I finally got my grail.:monkey5

CONGRATS. The cap is awesome and definitaly one of my two favorite statues(Hulk PF being the other). Youll be staring at it for days.

Thank you.

Yup, I have to work really late today due a massive workload. And I he he...decided to run back home for my hour lunch so I can see my statue he he.

Thank you.

Yup, I have to work really late today due a massive workload. And I he he...decided to run back home for my hour lunch so I can see my statue he he.

that's to funny man.....good to see some are truely still excited about this hobby.

I guess what's cool about this hobby is somehow it taps us back to our childlike nature when we used to be excited about opening xmas presents.

We all somehow lose sight of that through work, relationships, family issues, etc.
I was thinking about while I was at work, felt like a kid who got his xmas present.:wacky

Another thing, being an art major, back then, the only way to see things of this nature is through art or wax museums. Places where we could go and sit there for hours admiring the attention to detail of each piece. Yes, a lot of this things arent cheap but these are museum quality items that you can actually take home.

I guess what's cool about this hobby is somehow it taps us back to our childlike nature when we used to be excited about opening xmas presents.

We all somehow lose sight of that through work, relationships, family issues, etc.
I was thinking about while I was at work, felt like a kid who got his xmas present.:wacky

Another thing, being an art major, back then, the only way to see things of this nature is through art or wax museums. Places where we could go and sit there for hours admiring the attention to detail of each piece. Yes, a lot of this things arent cheap but these are museum quality items that you can actually take home.

That's so true bro, I feel like a kid opening a present again everytime a new statue arrives. Only difference is I don't break them within a week, well most of the time... : )

There's a conversion just like the Spiderman in the works....

oh great, another teaser piece that no one other than a select few can own...:rolleyes:

seriously though, i'm sure we'll see a Com and PF of pretty much every piece ssc has done to date. it just may take awhile for them to put them out.
except of course for some characters such as Apoc or IM which just won't work in the PF format.

oh great, another teaser piece that no one other than a select few can own...:rolleyes:

seriously though, i'm sure we'll see a Com and PF of pretty much every piece ssc has done to date. it just may take awhile for them to put them out.
except of course for some characters such as Apoc or IM which just won't work in the PF format.

lol... anyone who owns these PFs can have these conversions done. It's just a matter of finding the right artist.

lol... anyone who owns these PFs can have these conversions done. It's just a matter of finding the right artist.

yeah i guess pulling off the clothes is the easy part, at least that's what she said.....:D
it's what comes 9 months later that's hard work...

I've seen that PF spidey conversion and I think the only reason why it worked well is that the fabric and color on that piece if off. The limited version with the dark blue was actually nice.

I'm a huge fan of mixed media like Hot toys and PFs cause I think the fabric brings a realism aspect to the statues. I've always love going to wax museums and that's what's amazing about these mixed media formats, they basically look like a small scale figures from wax museums.

I've seen that PF spidey conversion and I think the only reason why it worked well is that the fabric and color on that piece if off. The limited version with the dark blue was actually nice.

I'm a huge fan of mixed media like Hot toys and PFs cause I think the fabric brings a realism aspect to the statues. I've always love going to wax museums and that's what's amazing about these mixed media formats, they basically look like a small scale figures from wax museums.

It's the fact that you can't replicate what Spiderman or Captain America's costumes with fabric and expect it to look like it does in a comic. It just ends up looking like a doll.

Just wait for the Cap conversion.

Cap would look 100 times better sculpted. I just can't get over the pajamas he's wearing even though the sculpt is great.

It is not a Fact that you can't replicate spiderman or Captain America with Fabric...tricky yes but not impossible.

The Cap PF is close to perfection as I've ever seen.
And if you want to see Spiderman in Fabric done well, have a look at this.

https://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-1-6-Spi...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item35a765b6a1

Again, the only reason why that modified PF spidey look better is because the original spidey fabric was a poor choice. It did look like spandex material and the bright blue color did not help at all.

Back