Good price for Premium Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, the only reason why that modified PF spidey look better is because the original spidey fabric was a poor choice. It did look like spandex material and the bright blue color did not help at all.

nahhh, with any piece of clothing on it, you would still lose the amazing muscle definition that was sculpted under it.Spidey, like a few others will always look better sculpted.

It is not a Fact that you can't replicate spiderman or Captain America with Fabric...tricky yes but not impossible.

The Cap PF is close to perfection as I've ever seen.

Again, the only reason why that modified PF spidey look better is because the original spidey fabric was a poor choice. It did look like spandex material and the bright blue color did not help at all.

Once the conversion to a comiquette happens, you will see perfection.

When you apply cloth to any muscular sculpt like these, you lose the definition and the look of a comic book character. You simply can't make the bulk and definition 'pop' like it should on these characters. Once you go a apply cloth with the same thread count and thickness that we would use on our clothing, you have what looks like a doll.

Perfection is subjective...opinions vary. This appears goes back to Commiquettes or PFs. Not one is better than the other, just which one you prefer. Even if the the future modified Cap ends up looking close to the modified Spidey, I would still prefer the regular PF cause I have no problem with the regular cap. I highly prefer mixed media...sure the modified Cap may show more sculpt but that doesnt mean it looks better. The added fabric in my opinion looks better as again, it adds a subtle realism to the statue which is what I prefer.

I do own the Hulk, Cap, Spidey, and Thor PFs. Things that impressed were the size and sculpts not the fabric. I did not feel the fabric added anything unique to the statue. I feel the fabric was added just for the sake of calling it a Premium Format. Like many others commented on, mix media works well on certain characters. If you had 2 of the same sculpt, but in different formats, I have no doubt the majority would prefer the sculpted one. I have no problem with the Hulk, but I did think SSC should've made it more detailed and dirty. It looks way too clean for my tastes. I'm one of those that do not think the Doom PF is a grail and it gets too much hype. The sculpt is great, but the tailoring is not imo.

Like many commented, mix media works well for certain character. Look at the upcoming Sabretooth and Wolverine comiquettes. You're telling me you prefer those instead of sculpted? SSC lost my business for those. They don't give me the wow factor. I passed on the upcoming Gambit because I did not like material used on the trenchcoat and the uninspired base. There was a custom action Gambit piece posted around the forums that gave me the wow factor because everything from the sculpt to the face was dead on Gambit. I get it, you buy what you like. After writing this, I'm ready to unload all my PFs.

dont wanna sound like a broken record but again, that's your opinion, Yes, I would take the wolverine with fabric over non anyday. Wanna know why? Cause some people like mixed media. And you know what? Some people dont.

I'm a gambit fan myself, hence...check out my screenname. And also, I'm passing on the PF. But its not because I dont like the fabric or whatever. Even if its all sculpted, I would have passed on it. Reason is I have the very very old Clayburn Moore statue where he's standing on the sentinels hand and I prefer the pose and face and everything over that PF. Has nothing to do with mixed media or whatever, its the actual piece. It could have been a commiquette or a PF. Whatever, I would have passed on it anyway, as I dont think its better than my old statue.

No problem Remy, I like to hear other people's opinion on the matter. Clay is one of my favorite sculptors, I can see why the Gambit piece is special to you. You may never see Clay sculpt a Marvel piece again.

No prob Ace.
Yeah, it does suck that Clay doesnt do Marvel anymore as he's one of the best around. It says a lot when a statue done in the early 90's can still surpass a current one.

Back