Good News Sad News

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great idea buying a house. i bought one last year and it is great. lots more room than an apartment and it feels better to pay a mortgage than it does rent. plus lots of room for collectibles.:D now is a great time for buying a home as well. i was able to talk off over $10,000 when i bought mine. i practically stole this baby.:lol it's a great house.

great idea buying a house. i bought one last year and it is great. lots more room than an apartment and it feels better to pay a mortgage than it does rent. plus lots of room for collectibles.:D now is a great time for buying a home as well. i was able to talk off over $10,000 when i bought mine. i practically stole this baby.:lol it's a great house.

Congrats!! :rock :rock I'm pretty excited at how low things are right now....plus I'll be able to put around 50% down and my mortgage payments will be less than my rent. It will be nice to own - have my own place to do what I want. Not looking forward to yard work - but maybe I won't mind it as much when it's MY yard. :)

Well, I'm canceling my pre-orders. :monkey2 Those of you who know me, know I'm a HUGE Hellboy fan and it saddens me to part with the Samaritan Exclusive. I've wanted one for so long. I'm also canceling the Leonidas Ex. and the Terminator Ex. So hopefully some freak will benefit from that and have their waitlist converted. :)

The good news is that I'm going to buy a house! :rock :rock :rock With the market the way it is, now is the time to buy and I'm ready to quit throwing my money out the window with rent. Going to go look at some places later today and hopefully in the next 6 months I'll have a new home. So considering what I'll be getting in return, it makes the blow a bit easier. Need that money to pay for appraisals. Damn those are expensive. :lol

Congratulations! I hope you find the house of your dreams! Good luck!

Good Choice Jen... With a House you most likely get all your money back if/when you sell.

Congrats!! :rock :rock I'm pretty excited at how low things are right now....plus I'll be able to put around 50% down and my mortgage payments will be less than my rent. It will be nice to own - have my own place to do what I want. Not looking forward to yard work - but maybe I won't mind it as much when it's MY yard. :)

I enjoy yardwork.. As long as I smok e a lil green first

Kid of weird that the housing market around here hasn't seemed to drop as much as the rest of the country but if you can swing it its a smart time to get in.

well when you have your own yard you can grow your own green.:lecture(hidden amongst the tomato plants of course.)

My dad did that when I was a kid. My mom, had no idea. One day she went out to pick tomatoes and noticed all these plants had been cut. She thought someone was robbing her garden and wanted to call the police. (like they would do anything about a vegetable thief :lol) Anyway, my dad had to finally confess that there was a lot more than veggies growing out there. :lol

Kid of weird that the housing market around here hasn't seemed to drop as much as the rest of the country but if you can swing it its a smart time to get in.

Yeah, it's taken awhile for the prices to go down around here. Where in Seattle are you? I'm over in West Seattle and that's the area that I'm looking to buy. For some reason people tend to think West Seattle is so far away...even though we are only about 10 minutes from downtown. I'm much closer now than I was when I was in Ballard. :lol Alki and Admiral are super expensive, but over by Fauntleroy and Vashon ferry up to 35th Ave SW, prices are somewhat reasonable. At least compared to what they used to be.

You have made a wise investment. 10 years from now, your home will probably double in value. For you to get back into your hobbies, those will be like pennies :)

If the DOW hits 7500 mark, then I highly recommend people to start buying stocks every month. Buy companies with cash such as Microsoft, GE, etc. Don't buy it all in one month, but buy little every month.

I'm actually in Edmonds so its not REAL bad out here but I think your area is probably good too. Good luck in the search and as weird as it sounds you will like yardwork better when its your own yard... at least i do. :)

you should check to see if they have first-time home buyer classes in your county. three nights of 2 hour classes and you could get an even better interest rate.

you should check to see if they have first-time home buyer classes in your county. three nights of 2 hour classes and you could get an even better interest rate.

Thanks for the tip Chris. :D I'll definitely look into that.

I'm actually in Edmonds so its not REAL bad out here but I think your area is probably good too. Good luck in the search and as weird as it sounds you will like yardwork better when its your own yard... at least i do. :)

I like that area. Love all the trees up north. My brother lives in Bothell. I'd consider moving out of Seattle but I know the commute would kill me. :lol

Buy a house now for cheap if you can, then sell it in a few years when the market is healthy again and buy all of your cancelled Sideshow items with the proceeds.

Buy a house now for cheap if you can, then sell it in a few years when the market is healthy again and buy all of your cancelled Sideshow items with the proceeds.

I hate moving - so hopefully I'll find a place I love and will be in it for a long time. :D One place I'm looking at has a lot of windows and a pretty open floor plan with not a lot of wall space. Don't even think there's enough wall space for the display cabinets and book shelves I have now....be a good reason to narrow down my collections to what means the most to me.
Also looking at some other homes as well that have plenty of wall space and lots of storage.....lots to think about, and fortunately I've got the time to really take things slow and find something that will be perfect.

Back