Good Deals on Whedon Items

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buffy D'Hoffryn Sideshow Exclusive 12"
Item number: 260856858299 EBay (China)
time left: Sep 25, 2011 21:12:46 PDT
---------------------------------------------
Good Deal? No!
(Only my opinion - sorry wrong thread).
Make your own choice - a hint:

Not the first D'Hoffryn sale from this "shop".
Look at the negative feedback:

"didnt come in original box as pictured-seller blamed customs for taking! not good".
Item number: 250865539369, US $162.50.

What's his user name?

-------------------------------------
Chapter 2009: "What's his user name?"

The user names on EBay:

Seller: dmkworkshop (GUANGZHOU, China).

Buyer: serviceguyhowie (USA, EBay member since 30.01.01).

If the buyer is here in this forum, maybe he could tell us the whole "story"... .
I have decided not to bid by this seller.
I only "need" another D`Hoffryn if i can get one sealed in a "perfect" (without damages - dreams should be allowed) unopend box.

Last edited:
I was just looking at his other items for sale. There are a number of rare pieces there and its unlikely this guys just happened to have these hanging around. There is a considerable black market in China and these are very likely counterfeit items. They were probably manufactured at the same factory SSC uses and probably exactly like the official releases.

Chapter 2009: "What's his user name?"

The user names on EBay:

Seller: dmkworkshop (GUANGZHOU, China).

Buyer: serviceguyhowie (USA, EBay member since 30.01.01).

If the buyer is here in this forum, maybe he could tell us the whole "story"... .
I have decided not to bid by this seller.
I only "need" another D`Hoffryn if i can get one sealed in a "perfect" (without damages - dreams should be allowed) unopend box.

I was just looking at his other items for sale. There are a number of rare pieces there and its unlikely this guys just happened to have these hanging around. There is a considerable black market in China and these are very likely counterfeit items. They were probably manufactured at the same factory SSC uses and probably exactly like the official releases.

I would stay clear of this seller. (I figured this was the seller in question.) They've already been caught selling fraudulent pieces in the past, including a 1:1 SSC Ardeth Bey bust. I've watched them for quite sometime and they've sold 6 (or more) 1:1 SSC Marvel Thing busts. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I question the authenticity of everything they sell. Stay clear, IMO. Sideshow has been notified in the past of their dealings, but to my knowledge, nothing has been done yet.

alura774ulv
West Babylon,NY, United States
www.ebay.com/itm/Sideshow-Buffy-Vam...856?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6a9b83b0

He is selling various 12" Figures for reasonable prices, plus he has good feed back.

animal-smiley-051.gif

There is a Spike pf ex that ends in a couple of days on ebay. It's under $10 right now. Never hurts to keep an eye on it for anyone looking for one.

The premium format? $282.68

I lost big time. :/ I wasn't ready to spend more than a 100dollars for it, so I guess that's not suprising. I have my eye on the new Kindle right now.

The premium format? $282.68

I lost big time. :/ I wasn't ready to spend more than a 100dollars for it, so I guess that's not suprising. I have my eye on the new Kindle right now.

I definitely think you can find a Spike Ex. for cheaper than that. I'm a little surprised it actually went for that, given the sale prices before that one. Personally, I think it's worth the $280....but still, I'm surprised.

:rock :rock :rock

AANNDDD, with flexpay options available since he's still up for order, gotta make it easier.

I'm actually playing with the thought to buy the new Spike statue. It's the most beautiful official statue I've seen.

:rock :rock :rock

AANNDDD, with flexpay options available since he's still up for order, gotta make it easier.

I would. Stick with the new Buffy line. It's newer. It has better sculpts. It's more dynamic. It's easier to obtain than the older PFs. In many ways, I think it's the superior line. I'll always hold onto my PFs, but these new statues are so refreshing.

@BG

I don't think they do flexpay for international customers. I vaugely recall checking. Doesn't mean I can't put money away though.

@Chap

I agree. Other than the Spike PF and Angel vamp PF, the PF line is dull compared to the new line. Even though I have complaints about the sluttyness of those statues, they're more "alive".

_ _ _ _ _

I am so tempted guys. It's just, it just hurts, spending a month's rent or plane tickets to and from London on a statue. On the other hand, it will look pretty on my shelf for longer than a month or a London trip. Argh!

Back