Godzilla vs King Kong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More than Jaws 3D... more than Crystal Skull... more than Last Jedi....???

Godzilla was my first love.

JAWS 3D was something I never wanted and I already had a perfect JAWS film.
Same goes for KOTCS
TLJ hurt less because I was already not a fan of TFA... And I didnt hate it like other with my first viewing.

:lol :lol :lol

JAWS is perpetually disappointed lol

:lol :lol :lol

King Ghidorah returns with his band of villainous monsters: Gigan, Hedorah, Ebirah, Destroyah, all the 'ahs', buggy Megalon and everyone's fav, King Caesar.

Godzilla is aided by Ultraman. Hiiiiii-ya!

I’m watching KOTM right now on my KOTV and it’s a downright narrative masterpiece with decent emotional beats when compared to this turd.

I forgot just how gorgeous the visuals were in KOTM there are some truly epic moments in it way more than GvK, for me anyways.

KOTM is my favorite from this series.

Maulfan will have final say which is better lol

Last edited:
I’m watching KOTM right now on my KOTV and it’s a downright narrative masterpiece with decent emotional beats when compared to this turd.

I forgot just how gorgeous the visuals were in KOTM there are some truly epic moments in it way more than GvK, for me anyways.

KOTM is my favorite from this series.

Wow, I feel the opposite. The new one is better than the last one. To each his own...

I always felt like Godzilla looked like a MUTO in this shot

9FC5B89C-EA62-485A-B042-3E8CDB90BD44.jpg

Back home from my theatrical viewing, not a lot of time or energy to say too much right now, up with a 4 week old and doing Easter for the other kids, but short and sweet, I loved it, the fights were the sort of thing I would want with the advantages of CGI over suitmation, it was a visual feast, I feel like humans were barely in it and there was heavy monster action, and the nods to 80s action movies were so good. I felt excitement and energy from beginning to end. Treating swimming Godzilla like a shark circling prey was icing for me, so many things they did spoke to various loves for movies that I have.

The end battles were so predictable it was all boring for me.

That tunnel from hollow earth to HK was downright stupid lol

MG design worse thing since lobster Predator

Rewatch factor is weak.

Last edited:
Couldn’t stand the kids and the cookie cutter eccentric tag alongs. Felt like a Transformers movie that had monsters not Transformers, though Mecha Godzilla could’ve been a Decepticon.

I wonder if it would have made more sense to put the Ghidorah skull/brain into Mechagodzilla instead of it being a free standing video game chair thing. I figure if Godzilla can blow a hole into the Earth's crust that can reach the Hollow Earth, he could blast through an Apex building and blow up Ghidorah's video game chair head. The safest place for it might actually be inside the super-reinforced mech.

I got the sense Godzilla only knew something was up in the general area, like he took out a huge part of Pensacola but missed the eye, so I don’t think it mattered that the control was in the building, he didn’t know exactly what he was looking for.

So what's next for this franchise? Is there a new enemy on the way? Is Kong now King Kong, kind of like how Macho Man Randy Savage became the Macho King? If so, are King Kong and Godzilla the new Megapowers?

I said it a few pages back (turns out its probably not true ) but it was reported that there was a end credit scene in the test screenings that showed there was to be a alien invasion... True or not this would be a good time to have Aliens taking control of the monsters Ala Godzilla vs Monster Zero and Destroy all Monsters.

Maybe then we could see some City destruction at the hands of Big G

So am I that is why I?m completely baffled why I felt this movie was a huge waste of time.

I always believed that large amounts of destruction would make any modern Godzilla movie a thing of perfection no human story required.

I was wrong lol

I just got done watching GvK again and then followed with KOTM

Final fight in KOTM is awful.. I almost would not even count it.. So much time spent with Stanger Things Girl.. All I can thin of is that they thought they were really on to something getting her for the film and that is what people were coming to see.. Like anyone gave a **** about her or her family. She was used more appropriately in GvK in that she was in it much less :lol

But the final monster fight.. Gah.. Its even worse after seeing how it should have been done..

I?m watching KOTM right now on my KOTV and it?s a downright narrative masterpiece with decent emotional beats when compared to this turd.

I must miss the emotional beats because I just dont care... Serizawa? Am I supposed to care the a guy who spends two movies looking dumbfounded dies :lol

Emma Russell?? Am I supposed to somehow feel for anything surrounding her story??

Godzilla should make me feel more but he is hardly in it.. You get no sense of how the fight is going because they spend no time with it.. Just KG deciding t pick up G and drop him... Mothra saving G does not hold up for me either.. Just because you tell me in the movie she is Queen of the monsters (dumb) does not mean I am going to feel pumped when she shows up.

Rodan was the best part and I should not be saying that about a film with Godzilla and KG in it.

So weird how we are on different pages with this series.. I am glad i fell out of like with KOTM before I saw GvK. That way I know the film could not stand on its own before I saw GvK.. I think visually GvK kicks KOTM but.. I mean.. All the fights were pretty ugly due to KG storms.

I think we have our answer

Back home from my theatrical viewing, not a lot of time or energy to say too much right now, up with a 4 week old and doing Easter for the other kids, but short and sweet, I loved it, the fights were the sort of thing I would want with the advantages of CGI over suitmation, it was a visual feast, I feel like humans were barely in it and there was heavy monster action, and the nods to 80s action movies were so good. I felt excitement and energy from beginning to end. Treating swimming Godzilla like a shark circling prey was icing for me, so many things they did spoke to various loves for movies that I have.

Yes the Shark stuff was cool.. How about the boat being dragged down behind Godzilla being like the Barrels in JAWS :) Obviously I was happy :)

The end battles were so predictable it was all boring for me.

How so.. Everyone predicted either a Kong win, or that G was really MG, or that there would not even be a winner because G and K would have to team up.

I think you may have watched too many of the trailers and TV spots.. I stayed far away this time.. KOTM taught me a huge lesson there.

That tunnel from hollow earth to HK was downright stupid lol

Yes.. But I just cant bring myself to care :lol

MG design worse thing since lobster Predator

I have no idea why I like it.. I hated the toy.. It looks like the toy.. But I loved it in the movie. My kid feels the same way.

Rewatch factor is weak.

Well for me I can say this.

The movie went by even fast with the 2nd viewing and things I did not like before I found myself enjoying..

Hollow earth stuff Was visually beautiful.. Those dumb ships following kong down there were Tron-tacualr.. Love the sound they made also.

The Stanger things girl stuff is the weakest but she is really hardly in it.. Goes by so fast.

I like all the humans on Team Kong... Way more then anyone else in the Godzilla films other then Bryan Cranston.

We really dont see eye to eye with these films.. Thats OK. We need to disagree sometimes. :)

My Rankings (based on Godzilla ranking scale)

1. Godzilla vs Kong - Easily the best of the bunch. Godzilla is the most like the Godzilla I know and Love. Fights are great. I dont hate any character in the film.

2. Kong: Skull Island - With John C Reilly, Sam Jackson (and a couple of the other soldiers) in the film this movie probably has my fav human characters in the series. Lots of good monster fights and a great Kong vs Military sequence

3. Godzilla 2014 - best made of the bunch but also the most boring. Godzilla is beautifully shot and you really feel the scale and weight of the monsters in this one. far from perfect and Edwards was being to cute for his own good hiding the Big G all the time.

4. Godzilla King of the Monsters - What should have been my fav is by far for me the most frustrating and most annoying. I actually hate characters in this one and that is not a good thing when so much time is spent with them. The fights are the worst in the series. I dont like KG acting more like Smaug that KG.. Such a missed opportunity.

Last edited:
GvK was super simple like a childrens pop up book lol

Everyone predicted this was going to happen the second the movie was announced:

Godzilla fights Kong
Godzilla and Kong team up to fight another baddie.

GvK simplicity feels cheap to me like it was abused by WB after KOTM bombed you can tell they gave no crap about it.

Not that KOTM is something amazing either it is not but GvK just feels cheaply put together holy crap the villains were bad.

WB just gave up and said just have them destroy some buildings fans will eat it up.

Hollow earth was pointless and boring. It wasn’t beautiful it was boring lol

KOTM Godzilla coming out of the ocean reborn alone is better than all of GvK.

Why didn’t Godzilla rip Kong’s head off lol

Look i’m happy you connected with the movie because when it comes to Godzilla one needs to be super flexible when it comes to forgiveness and acceptance lol

Godzilla is a life long journey of face palms one more is not going to hurt.

Did they really need to make MG that ugly at least Rodan, Mothra and KG looked great, sheesh.

Now if you please I do need to return to discussing real sophisticated adult drama that is highly misunderstood by simpletons in the ZSJL thread.

Last edited:
While this was bad, I still look forward to more Godzilla movies...

:rotfl

My younger self misses Monster Week on TV (coming home after school and getting to watch a Godzilla movie every day all week.. :yess:) and the glorious Thanksgiving day marathons before the dark times. Before Football ruled the day. While I enjoy football, we didn't need to watch games all day on Thanksgiving. Much more fun watching Kong, then Godzilla and his buddies battle it out.... Those were the days..:(

https://ericrobertnolan.com/2017/11/23/throwback-thursday-more-of-the-wor-9-thanksgiving-monster-movie-marathon/

Damn fine memories.

I always spent TG week at my grandparents house.

To this day, I miss the runs of Godzilla, Gamera. Mighty Joe Young, then the Universal Monsters at night.

Those were the good ol? days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they might do a sequel as well.

Aliens invading for sure, probably G gets mind controlled along with the other monsters to clear out earth.

Then human rescue them, and the home town monsters have to fight the rebuilt Mecha Ghidorah and a few new guys....Gigan or Hedorah or something.

Possible Pacific Rim team up with the humans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back