Godzilla vs King Kong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember my young mind being blown away because I thought all the shots were the mechanical Kong at first... and slowly realising only the suspiciously stiff Kong on the pier was the animatronic...

Yep. I vividly remember watching the commercial where Kong breaks through the gate and thinking ''man, this is incredible, blows the mechanical shark out of the water''...

Then in the theater, nudging my friend, and saying ''that looks like a man in a suit; no way that's a robot''... and the sadness that I had been duped became outrage at the Dino De Laurentiis producers for blatantly lying to me.

Baffled how you can still like KOTM and hate this one.

Well it?s not like I love KOTM either lol

But for me KOTM had the better human story although that?s not saying much.

Even though KOTM suffered from cutting away from the monster battles and destruction I still prefer it over GvK which didn?t cut away from the monster battles and destruction.

I really really dislike Gvk lol

Not far from truth, all traces of '76 Kong will be purged because Kong stripped her against her will and it promotes poor behavior in men.

That's true. The one scene everyone was talking about at one time... is now the scourge of behavior in another era.

I wonder when women will be outraged at 50 Shades of Grey?

That's true. The one scene everyone was talking about at one time... is now the scourge of behavior in another era.

I wonder when women will be outraged at 50 Shades of Grey?

Well, WB just removed Pepe Lepeu from all new Looney Tunes because they felt his persistence of a female even after being told no would raise generations of rapists and people who don't understand no means no.

I'm sorry, but do these brain dead idiots forget that they themselves grew up on these things and it didn't turn them into anything. No one stopped rock music of violent movies after columbine because they knew those things don't turn everyone into killers, but nowadays, the second something pisses off a vocal group it's purge from the social conscious like it never existed. I get maybe not doing it moving forward, but in some cases it's being erased from the past and that's going too far.

Yeah, it is ridiculous and will be regretted in hindsight.

I didn't know the Pepe thing... that's crazy. I mean, it totally fits the agenda, but like you said, we all grew up with it and not everyone is a raging rape monster. The whole point that Pepe was annoying as hell seems to be lost on nu-people.

Yet Tom and Jerry violence is OK.

Speaking of Tom and Jerry... there's a similarity here to GvK, wouldn't you say?

There may be similarity, and yes, it does make you wonder why the violence of Tom and Jerry is ok. That's the worst part, there is no consistent message with these things.

I found out about Pepe because I saw an article headline about the Looney Tune who would not be returning for Space Jam 2. I already hated it for Lebron not being able to get out of MJs shoes, but that move was just icing on it for me.

I worry about my kids growing up in this world. When I was a kid, I had a crush on a class mate and would follow her around, today I'd probably be expelled for crying out loud.

There may be similarity, and yes, it does make you wonder why the violence of Tom and Jerry is ok. That's the worst part, there is no consistent message with these things.

I found out about Pepe because I saw an article headline about the Looney Tune who would not be returning for Space Jam 2. I already hated it for Lebron not being able to get out of MJs shoes, but that move was just icing on it for me.

I worry about my kids growing up in this world. When I was a kid, I had a crush on a class mate and would follow her around, today I'd probably be expelled for crying out loud.

:lol at that last part... and a sad face because its true today.

I have a 20 year old niece and a 17 year old nephew. Interesting the 20 year old isn't paying much attention to the news... and she says she likes when boys are forward.

The boy on the other hand is completely confused with how to interact with girls. It definitely seems to be affecting boys more than girls.

Can you imagine at their age, the whole ''make a move'' thing?

I watched this the first time on my xbox without realizing the hbomax app on my tv does all the dolby vision and atmos bells and whistles so I rewatched it on that and this is probably the most impressive movie I've seen in dolby vision so far.

Xipo's review Spoiler free version .

If your going in expecting The Godfather or Jaws, you going to be disappointed. If your going in with an attitude of "I want to bash this film" ....you have plenty of fodder and you can rest easy and be that cool guy who bashes movies....there are a million of you on youtube already so.....

If you go into this realistically, knowing the history of G movies and what tropes are consistent throughout them, then this is a modern Showa era Godzilla film, updated effect yes, but the cheese is still here, the tech, the bad acting......its all still here. In my mind its a perfect copy of a Showa film.

Are the Human stories cringe and formulaic? Yes.....at least 50% of them are. Are the monster fights TONES of fun? YES , Especially in IMAX.

I would say , the experience of being back in a theater made this film much more enjoyable then it would have been on TV......Probably gave it a higher enjoyability factor just due to that experience. The sound and visuals were really great.

Overall its a realistically a 5/10. As a huge Showa era G fan, its a 6.5/10. Its a fun popcorn movies , nothing else.

Spoiler review below
Spoiler Spoiler:

Long live the King at least.

Well it?s not like I love KOTM either lol

But for me KOTM had the better human story although that?s not saying much.

Even though KOTM suffered from cutting away from the monster battles and destruction I still prefer it over GvK which didn?t cut away from the monster battles and destruction.

I really really dislike Gvk lol

We cant be friends anymore :lol

Well that I can take. I thought you were a bigger fan of KOTM.

Not being a huge fan of any is consistent as they are all cut from the same cloth.. Well maybe not 14.. Thats the best mad more serious of the Monsterverse films.

Xipo's review Spoiler free version .

If your going in expecting The Godfather or Jaws, you going to be disappointed. If your going in with an attitude of "I want to bash this film" ....you have plenty of fodder and you can rest easy and be that cool guy who bashes movies....there are a million of you on youtube already so.....

If you go into this realistically, knowing the history of G movies and what tropes are consistent throughout them, then this is a modern Showa era Godzilla film, updated effect yes, but the cheese is still here, the tech, the bad acting......its all still here. In my mind its a perfect copy of a Showa film.

Are the Human stories cringe and formulaic? Yes.....at least 50% of them are. Are the monster fights TONES of fun? YES , Especially in IMAX.

I would say , the experience of being back in a theater made this film much more enjoyable then it would have been on TV......Probably gave it a higher enjoyability factor just due to that experience. The sound and visuals were really great.

Overall its a realistically a 5/10. As a huge Showa era G fan, its a 6.5/10. Its a fun popcorn movies , nothing else.

Spoiler review below
Spoiler Spoiler:

Long live the King at least.

Very fair points

I disagree with the ratings though.. AS a huge Showa G fan I would give this a 9 out of 10.

:yess:

Can I point out all your typos too? You really should rename yourself Typotec.

ROTFL....

Yes you may. I have to be exact at my job all day , so I am sure my passive aggressive mangling of my posts is somewhat intentional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol

Bravo! I can't stand autocorrect myself, it always makes me use the wrong word while texting and I'm too quick on the send button.

But ''cooperate committee'' cracked me up and I just couldn't let it pass.

We cant be friends anymore :lol

Well that I can take. I thought you were a bigger fan of KOTM.

Not being a huge fan of any is consistent as they are all cut from the same cloth.. Well maybe not 14.. Thats the best mad more serious of the Monsterverse films.

Jaws vs Jye

At the end of the film they fight a giant mech of khev

Back