Godzilla Minus One - December 1, 2023

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Minus One 15 million budget yet epic..,

American Godzilla hundreds of milllions and we got GvK…

View attachment 674272
Probably because they don't have to try to cast immensely popular actors who increase the budget ten fold cause the stupid execs in charge think that will bring in more fans and generate more money. Cause all the normies, especially women, who just looove xx actor would flock to a Godzilla movie. :lol

Nor do they have multiple big ego executive producers who all contribute different very bad ideas to what the movie should be.

Probably true lol. Makes you think though, pretty sure the WB films include significant location shoots which means travel costs, permits, etc.

I think Minus One may spark the industry to consider how much you really need to invest to make quality movies.

Make a good movie at $50 million and have it still make $1 billion at the box office and you really have a profit.

It’s crazy how excited I am for this.

I have not watched any scenes i’m keeping it fresh.

I was like this for Shin and while that was historic for its own reasons (cgi Godzilla) this one might actually deliver the full goods even if not as historic as Shin.

Damn it was 12 years between Final Wars and Shin!

7 years between Shin and Minus One (still a wacky name lol)

Covid made that 7 years feel like 12 years though, ughhh.

Ticket bought for early Imax fan event on Wednesday the 29th 5 PM going alone my friends, wife and son dipped lol

Also finally just bought Shin on Vudu for $5 hurry it’s never that price sure it’s only 1080P HD but I don’t need 4K Shin which is not even available anyway.

Watch 4K Shin be announced tomorrow that’s usually how my life goes lol

I've still never watched Shin. I don't like that Godzilla at all, or what he can do. I just have no interest in it. Regardless of how good the movie may be, for me that's the most awful looking Godzilla ever. Even worse than the US '98 Sony version. :lol

I'm sure I'll watch it someday....

But I am really looking forward to this. Hope it gets a 4k US release.

Ticket bought for early Imax fan event on Wednesday the 29th 5 PM going alone my friends, wife and son dipped lol

Also finally just bought Shin on Vudu for $5 hurry it’s never that price sure it’s only 1080P HD but I don’t need 4K Shin which is not even available anyway.

Watch 4K Shin be announced tomorrow that’s usually how my life goes lol
Anxious to hear your thoughts! This has me pondering a trip to the theater which hasn't happened since Spider-man NWH...

I will wait til it comes out on streaming but this Godzilla is must by in a collection. He looks great. It’s crazy how I haven’t liked a toho design since gmk I think. Shin is just ok but the arms kills it.

:thud: HOLY CRAP TOHO!!!! :thud:

IMG_7713.jpeg

IMG_7712.jpeg

Yeah, I also saw it at an IMAX theater that wasn't a full-sized IMAX, I wouldn't say it was worth it, it wasn't shot on IMAX so I don't know that it really looked all that much better than a standard theater. There weren't a lot of options though, the one theater I know that's a real full-sized IMAX wasn't showing it.

I didn't see any posters either but they could have been there. They were also doing some 'red carpet' showing of Lady Ballers which took up most of the lobby. SMH.

I don’t know where to even begin.

The hype was real.

TOHO accomplished the impossible, for TOHO anyways.

They made me care about the characters in a freaking TOHO Kaiju movie!

I KNOW!!!

Godzilla is just the icing on a wonderful cake!

Best Godzilla ever in action and design, period!

Yes it could’ve used one more big Godzilla scene.

Audience legit clapped at the end as an emotional response and release to the narrative!

I don’t mean dumb clapping just for nostalgic reasons or because it’s a Godzilla movie. I mean legit clapped as an emotional response connected to the actual human characters!

I only had 1 problem, we’ll discuss later.

For now I just want to celebrate TOHO’s achievement.

Sorry Shin.

Sorry Legandary.

Last edited:
Back