Godzilla Minus One - December 1, 2023

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so physically and emotionally affected from this movie, I can’t even get my thoughts straight. I don’t think Ive felt this good coming away from a new movie since Rocky Balboa in 2006 and Rambo in 2008.

This was not a monster movie, it was a film that happened to have a monster in it. Incredible, moving story and acting.

Is it really that good you guys? Like is it really that good? The human characters even? The cgi on Godzilla? It’s that good? Cause I mean I love Godzilla to death but some are acting like it’s absolutely mind blowing

Really terrific, echoing everything others mentioned, you do really spend way more time with these characters and really like them. The acting was awesome. I have two minor nits but otherwise I thought it was great.

Is it really that good you guys? Like is it really that good? The human characters even? The cgi on Godzilla? It’s that good? Cause I mean I love Godzilla to death but some are acting like it’s absolutely mind blowing
It's mind blowing for a Godzilla movie. Definitely recommend seeing it in theaters if you like Godzilla even a little bit.

Godzilla is akin to the shark in Jaws in this movie. He is not the star, he is the driving force behind the human story and the human story is incredibly powerful and extremely well done.

I suffer from anxiety and take medication for it and the movie had such an effect on me, I almost felt like I was having an anxiety attack after. I was in serious tears at the end. Part of what got to me is that there was a young girl the same age as my daughter that was an important piece of the human story and that really got to me.

I honestly don’t feel capable of saying how good of a Godzilla movie it is until a few more viewings, but I feel very safe saying it’s a great film.

The dialogue was slow enough that it was easy to keep up with the subtitles, unlike Shin.

Also, every Godzilla moment is amazing, I had no issues with the CGI, and the appearances of the Ifukube themes are perfect usage.

Godzilla is akin to the shark in Jaws in this movie. He is not the star, he is the driving force behind the human story and the human story is incredibly powerful and extremely well done.

I suffer from anxiety and take medication for it and the movie had such an effect on me, I almost felt like I was having an anxiety attack after. I was in serious tears at the end. Part of what got to me is that there was a young girl the same age as my daughter that was an important piece of the human story and that really got to me.

I honestly don’t feel capable of saying how good of a Godzilla movie it is until a few more viewings, but I feel very safe saying it’s a great film.

The dialogue was slow enough that it was easy to keep up with the subtitles, unlike Shin.

Also, every Godzilla moment is amazing, I had no issues with the CGI, and the appearances of the Ifukube themes are perfect usage.
I might just have to actually catch this one . I’m hearing nothing but great things

I will wait til it comes out on streaming but this Godzilla is must by in a collection. He looks great. It’s crazy how I haven’t liked a toho design since gmk I think. Shin is just ok but the arms kills it.
What the hell ironed??? Wait for streaming and then call it a must buy GTFO :lol
I don’t know where to even begin.

The hype was real.

TOHO accomplished the impossible, for TOHO anyways.

They made me care about the characters in a freaking TOHO Kaiju movie!
Yep… Nuts. I won’t lie though. Once one of the characters was not in the film as much I thought the film lost the heart of the film.
I KNOW!!!

Godzilla is just the icing on a wonderful cake!

Best Godzilla ever in action and design, period!

Yes it could’ve used one more big Godzilla scene
Yep.. one more Big Godzilla scene and for me the film would have been perfect.

Best not to watch any of the trailers. They really do give show many of the best scenes which hurt the film for me a little :(
Audience legit clapped at the end as an emotional response and release to the narrative!
Audience clapped at mine also.
I don’t mean dumb clapping just for nostalgic reasons or because it’s a Godzilla movie. I mean legit clapped as an emotional response connected to the actual human characters!
I don’t know what they were clapping for at my showing. :lol
I only had 1 problem, we’ll discuss later.
Curious to see what that issue is. I thought it had a pretty bad “cheat” at the end.
For now I just want to celebrate TOHO’s achievement.

Sorry Shin.
Shin Godzilla is really **** Godzilla
Sorry Legandary.
Minus one is easily the best made and all around best Godzilla film ever… But I actually enjoyed KvG more. I know you didn’t like it but my inner child was pleased with everything that movie offered.

Minus 1 trailers hurt my full enjoyment. I thought I would see one more big destruction scene. The trailers showed everything from that Tokyo attack :( and a lot from the first boat scene :(

Having said that the island scene, first boat scene and Tokyo scene are all brilliant and got my Godzilla fan boy adrenaline flowing big time.

Very rare for something that we are anticipating that actually either meets or exceeds our expectations.

This one did it.
It missed meeting mine by one more great destruction scene. The time between Tokyo and final battle took me out of the film.

I have a feeling now I know what to expect I will love this more on my 2nd viewing

8 out of 10

Could have been 10 out of 10 with one more big G scene.

In fact I don’t understand why we can’t get that classic G vs the military in our modern Godzilla films with the modern F/x. What little there was in Minus 1 was fantastic… we need more!!

Last edited:
What the hell ironed??? Wait for streaming and then call it a must buy GTFO :lol

Yep… Nuts. I won’t lie though. Once one of the characters was not in the film as much I thought the film lost the heart of the film.

Yep.. one more Big Godzilla scene and for me the film would have been perfect.

Best not to watch any of the trailers. They really do give show many of the best scenes which hurt the film for me a little :(

Audience clapped at mine also.

I don’t know what they were clapping for at my showing. :lol

Curious to see what that issue is. I thought it had a pretty bad “cheat” at the end.

Shin Godzilla is really **** Godzilla

Minus one is easily the best made and all around best Godzilla film ever… But I actually enjoyed KvG more. I know you didn’t like it but my inner child was pleased with everything that movie offered.

Minus 1 trailers hurt my full enjoyment. I thought I would see one more big destruction scene. The trailers showed everything from that Tokyo attack :( and a lot from the first boat scene :(

Having said that the island scene, first boat scene and Tokyo scene are all brilliant and got my Godzilla fan boy adrenaline flowing big time.

It missed meeting mine by one more great destruction scene. The time between Tokyo and final battle took me out of the film.

I have a feeling now I know what to expect I will love this more on my 2nd viewing

8 out of 10

Could have been 10 out of 10 with one more big G scene.

In fact I don’t understand why we can’t get that classic G vs the military in our modern Godzilla films with the modern F/x. What little there was in Minus 1 was fantastic… we need more!!
You absolutely guessed my hidden complaint! :panic:

My 2nd complaint which I did mention was the same as yours, it needed one more BIG Godzilla vs military scene BUT I know why they didn’t and Maulfan would probably agree with this, it would go against the narrative of this character driven story about survivors guilt in a post war broken country with no more will power to govern that had been brought to their knees again, hence the Minus 1 title.

Japan was powerless and submissive post war.

It was his sole journey within that landscape that drove the movie.

But we still should’ve just then got one more rampage scene anyways without military involvement lol

JAWS just let me first get thru the shock of typing “CHARACTER DRIVEN STORY” in a TOHO Godzilla movie when describing this movie lol

Make no mistake about it this movie IS HISTORIC!

Movie has no business looking that spectacular for 15 million!

Last edited:
You absolutely guessed my hidden complaint! :panic:

My 2nd complaint which I did mention was the same as yours, it needed one more BIG Godzilla vs military scene BUT I know why they didn’t and Maulfan would probably agree with this, it would go against the narrative of this character driven story about survivors guilt in a post war broken country with no more will power to govern that had been brought to their knees again, hence the Minus 1 title.

Japan was powerless and submissive post war.

It was his sole journey within that landscape that drove the movie.

But we still should’ve just then got one more rampage scene anyways without military involvement lol

JAWS just let me first get thru the shock of typing “CHARACTER DRIVEN STORY” in a TOHO Godzilla movie when describing this movie lol

Make no mistake about it this movie IS HISTORIC!

Movie has no business looking that spectacular for 15 million!
Great points.

I just wish we could get a great character driven story with just a bit more Godzilla :lol

It’s a great film. I had no idea that was the budget. Shame on Hollywood and their inability to make a film even close to this quality on 10x the budget.

And yes this is the best movie of the year.

I do believe I will love it more when I watch it again and know what kind of film it is.

After all Jaws is my fav film and the director of this film obviously loves it also. :)
Yes he said JAWS and JP were his favorite inspirations.

Can it be that you, me and Khev all pick Minus 1 as our favorite movie of the year! :thud:

Wor-Gar! :panic:

Maulfan we know already and we love him for it :lol

Now go support my Fury Road dissing in the Furiosa thread lol

Last edited:
Yes he said JAWS and JP were his favorite inspirations.

Can it be that you, me and Khev all pick Minus 1 as our favorite movie of the year! :thud:
Wow!!! Avatar wasn’t this year so Khev has no excuse not to pick this film :lol
Now go support my Fury Road dissing in the Furiosa thread lol
:lol

I don’t hate the most overrated action film of all time, as much as you. But if I read some crazy fan boy posts it will get me going. I’ll pop in.

Goes to show you that a smaller sized Godzilla can be 100% more fearsome than the larger sized versions.

Hey Godzilla 1998 trailer Size Matters Not lol

Wait is the Godzilla franchise older than even Bond :horror

Goes to show you that a smaller sized Godzilla can be 100% more fearsome than the larger sized versions.

Hey Godzilla 1998 trailer Size Matters Not lol

Wait is the Godzilla franchise older than even Bond :horror
lol that Godzilla could of worked if it wasn’t such a ***** and got killed. I mean he wasn’t that big anyway but his design was decent for trying to modernize Godzilla

Back