Godzilla Minus One - December 1, 2023

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Resized_a5a6cee9c78e2a7ff9c0414fff2a7189.jpeg

Read spoilers. Cause I mean I don’t care about spoilers for a film like this cause godzilla never had deep stories but what I read is great .

I was looking back at the Shin trailers earlier and comparing them to Minus One's, and you can just instantly see more story there. Every shot of humans in the Shin marketing is basically people in offices, where Minus One shows people with family and drama between them and stars in the midst of the chaos rather than just nameless extras running away.

What Shin achieved is not diminished in any way by Minus One, but certainly it's not like Shin set a bar that no future film could surpass. It raised the bar of what could come out of Toho, but there was plenty of room to push the envelope further.

Yea I feel like shin was trying to do a original take and be familiar but I think it was a bit to different and Godzilla didn't feel like a real living creature. This one does. he feels like an animal. AGain Shin is just a zombie just walking in a straight line lumbering from point a to point b

Dude, that's what made Godzilla awesome! You knew it was stupid, but loved it anyway. Character study? We don't need no stinkin' character study.

MAJOR Spoiler.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back