GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS - Legendary Pictures' Godzilla 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My man, you need more positive energy in your life......

Be optimistic!!

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Your right. I just don’t want to get disappointed. Everything looks great tho.

I’m with ironwez i’m expecting nothing but disappointment it is Godzilla afterall so hopefully the monster battles are well executed and last more than just 20 minutes.

If this is anywhere close to Kong quality we’re screwed lol

I’m with ironwez i’m expecting nothing but disappointment it is Godzilla afterall so hopefully the monster battles are well executed and last more than just 20 minutes.

If this is anywhere close to Kong quality we’re screwed lol

I liked Kong.....

You just have to set your expectations on the correct plane of existence....

I mean seriously, Toho films are not The Godfather, actually they are pretty bad. The human parts are nearly unwatchable.

tumblr_inline_n54d6doDr31qdikv5.gif

tumblr_nrz41eCvcN1qm3rsfo1_400.gif

I liked Kong.....

You just have to set your expectations on the correct plane of existence....

I mean seriously, Toho films are not The Godfather, actually they are pretty bad. The human parts are nearly unwatchable.

tumblr_inline_n54d6doDr31qdikv5.gif

tumblr_nrz41eCvcN1qm3rsfo1_400.gif

Hey, you leave Mr. Tako out of this!!

On topic, ive always liked my godzilla movies a bit cheesy. The showa era is by far my favorite era because of the camp, so I dont mind if this movie is a little cheesy. I just dont want it to be horribly boring dull like the human parts in 2014 (or the latter heisei films)

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I'm hopeful, I think Legendary learned from 2014, Kong may not have had humans you invested in, but they hard personalities that made it fun to go on the journey with them, and that's really all I ask. The marquee characters in movies like this are the monsters, but when you have to have a human element, just make it interesting. Serizawa, Joe Brody and Admiral Stanz were the most interesting characters in 2014, but they were too serious, the movie needed some balance but Ford was the only other major screen time character and he was also serious. Kong did a good job of balancing serious with Sam Jackson, John Goodman and Tom Hiddleston with the goofball soldiers that were in SLJ's unit, so it made it a fun journey to take, and John C. Reilly was a healthy balance of dramatic and humorous.

I think with this movie, Watanabe, Farmiga, Dance and Chandler's characters will supply the drama, while folks like Middleditch and Jackson Jr. will be balancing things out with humor.

Still, the cast is far too stacked with "dramatic" actors.

Might be a good thing, one of the bigger concerns i keep reading from people is a fear this will be too silly, so hopefully there's health balance. Looking at Aliens as the director noted, Bill Paxton was pretty much the humor that kept things ok, but Ripley, Hicks, Vasquez and Burke were all very dramatic characters and the cast of that movie worked out great.

I'm ready, man, check it out. I am the *ultimate* badass! State of the badass art! You do not wanna **** with me.

55764207_10213789439117540_6404661004231245824_o.jpg

KG better kick serious ass in this is all i’m saying.

Stupid MUTO’s.

I’m watching G vs Megaguirus right now looking at a silly model toy plane taking off and on my Ipad i’m looking at a 200 million dollar budget Rodan, KG and Mothra lol

:yess:

5CDF4678-9CFE-4042-86E5-B86B2B2EE916.jpg

Last edited:
KG better kick serious ass in this is all i’m saying.

Stupid MUTO’s.

I’m watching G vs Megaguirus right now looking at a silly model toy plane taking off and on my Ipad i’m looking at a 200 million dollar budget Rodan, KG and Mothra lol

:yess:

View attachment 448976

Nice screen cap.....
Whats your setup?

Bluray? Never seen zilla look so clear!

I probably haven’t watched the old films since the rear projection days.

Back