GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS - Legendary Pictures' Godzilla 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Legendary Pictures GODZILLA 2

10565120_676781395743438_8798702999414853410_n.jpg

They should just go with another director. I liked the movie, but Edwards is not a director you wait for to finish his other project.

Yup GDT would have been ideal. Edwards is nothing special.

2018 is a slap in the face.

I agree with RA88, they should've went with a new director instead of this 4 years crap.

WB, this isn't BvsS.

This first Godzilla took 4 years to come out and people said it had flaws, I think taking their time is a good thing. And say what you want about Edwards, his direction led to a successful movie so much so that the studio greenlit sequels, why would they turn to a new director when, for better or worse, his direction is doing the job.

It was a 4 year journey for the first one, as much as it sucks waiting for the sequel, it seems like 4 years could be standard for the series. As long as they keep turning out good Godzilla movies I don't care, it took 10 years from Final Wars to this, and Final Wars wasn't even that good, so 11 years since the last decent Godzilla movie.

This first Godzilla took 4 years to come out and people said it had flaws, I think taking their time is a good thing. And say what you want about Edwards, his direction led to a successful movie so much so that the studio greenlit sequels, why would they turn to a new director when, for better or worse, his direction is doing the job.

I think the marketing and the popularity of the character are the big reasons for Godzilla's success. This is kind of tongue-in-cheek but still, I think in some ways the film was successful in spite of Edwards rather than due to him.

Warner Brothers Pictures and Legendary Pictures announced today that the sequel to Gareth Edwards' blockbuster Godzilla will arrive in U.S. theaters on June 8, 2018.

A long time to wait... But at least its happening and I'll have my calendar marked for something to look forward to! :yess:

This is EXACTLY what I hope to see in the sequel!!!! :rock

Back