Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm. I'd like a regular too. Is Hobby Search a good place to order from, or should I wait and see if it's solicited in the States? (Hopefully without the Tamashii/Bluefin fiasco?)

Hobby Search beat RIC to the punch again. The exclusive wasn't up on the site when I posted. Might have to get the exclusive with the wide open mouth just for something different.

Hmm. I'd like a regular too. Is Hobby Search a good place to order from, or should I wait and see if it's solicited in the States? (Hopefully without the Tamashii/Bluefin fiasco?)
Hobby Search is top notch. I do almost all of my business with them.

I'm on Amiami....if I get the standard I'll go through them. The other head looks cool but I'll never display it like that

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hobby Search it is. For now. I'm actually not too keen on the ric version, either. I don't know that I like the open mouth sculpt too well, and the 'switch-out' option makes me wonder how bad the neck seam might be...

I actually think the teeth look good....far better than the other options (Sega, bandai, monsterarts). Even better than banpresto. The only things that have had better mouths gave been the kits/maquette

I'm down for the exclusive - but how do I order? Google translate won't allow me to add it to my cart. I can add to my cart without google translate, but then I get a registration page that's in Japanese - and I can't get google translate to work on that either.

Any tips from you pros that have ordered from ric-toy in the past?

Does ric-toy even ship to the USA?

Thanks in advance!

You can't order direct from RIC unless you live in Japan. You need to find someone who can order for you. There is a group that some people use. It's been mentioned here before.

I actually think the teeth look good....far better than the other options (Sega, bandai, monsterarts). Even better than banpresto. The only things that have had better mouths gave been the kits/maquette

Interesting, to me they look ok closer up, but in the more zoomed out shot, it looks like too much going on, sort of like the original poster image. Overall I think the liberties taken by other companies have better translated the unique tooth design this Godzilla has.

Interesting, to me they look ok closer up, but in the more zoomed out shot, it looks like too much going on, sort of like the original poster image. Overall I think the liberties taken by other companies have better translated the unique tooth design this Godzilla has.
Yeah I'm going off this picture which reminds me of the initial upper-body poster

a6e1e0c5924511bb46fb9c3ed1d2aac4.jpg

The red paint on his body should be more red and more prominent on the back and spines.

The head looks too oval shaped to me. I want it to look like this. Could just be the angle.

Shin-Godzilla.jpg

Looks like X-Plus took some liberties, lower jaw is more traditional shaped where Shin's lowere jaw almost comes to a point midway in a profile view. Also, the back of his head is almost squared off as it runs into the neck, X-Plus takes a curved shape. This feature is more pronounced at times when he holds his head more upright like this still.

8.jpg

demorathis, amazing collection bud! :clap

Thanks...its been really difficult trying to curb the Godzilla collection since I'm concentrating on Darth Vader right now...esp coally with all the shin offerings...I only have the bandai and the sega figures...I haven't pulled the trigger on the xplus...

I saw the film and loved all the Godzilla parts...there was WAAAAAY too much dialogue exposition and a majority were in offices with montages of data gathering which seemed ironic...I wanted more onscreen activity versus talking heads. That's where it suffered...way too many scenes of people staring out windows or sitting at desks.

I would think Vader would be so much easier...I mean he pretty much looks the same all the the time. One high end Vader I would think would make collectors feel so complete lol

Back