Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 12" NECA is hitting stores now and is a great figure for $20 if you don't mind it only being 6" tall. I also recommend the Pack of Destruction and Destruction City Packs from Bandai, they're cheap little 3" figures but the detail is awesome and right now it's the only way to get the mutos.

Awesome, I'm definitely planning on picking up the 12" Neca figure, are there any larger figures coming out that are of higher quality? I have a perfect shelf spot for a very large figure and I just love the design of this 2014 version.

Awesome, I'm definitely planning on picking up the 12" Neca figure, are there any larger figures coming out that are of higher quality? I have a perfect shelf spot for a very large figure and I just love the design of this 2014 version.

JAKKS Pacific has a 24" tall figure right now, but it's a lot softer and lacking in detail and accuracy, lots of folks who have it love it for the size but no one's really impressed with the details.

NECA's said they're interested in doing an 18" version of the 6" and 12" tall versions do well enough, so there could be that. As far as detailed and accurate go though, NECA's upcoming 12" tall one is the biggest figure and the eventual Sideshow maquette remains to be seen and is a statue of course.

JAKKS Pacific has a 24" tall figure right now, but it's a lot softer and lacking in detail and accuracy, lots of folks who have it love it for the size but no one's really impressed with the details.

NECA's said they're interested in doing an 18" version of the 6" and 12" tall versions do well enough, so there could be that. As far as detailed and accurate go though, NECA's upcoming 12" tall one is the biggest figure and the eventual Sideshow maquette remains to be seen and is a statue of course.

Thanks very much, looks like I'll be holding out for all of the NECA versions right now. I saw something about a SMHA figure early in the thread, what's that looking like?

Thanks very much, looks like I'll be holding out for all of the NECA versions right now. I saw something about a SMHA figure early in the thread, what's that looking like?

ifSqFS0.jpg

Probably cost around $70 plus shipping, he's also 6" tall.

ifSqFS0.jpg

Probably cost around $70 plus shipping, he's also 6" tall.

That looks pretty cool, is there a link out or is that just a prototype? My apologies for throwing so many questions out there, I'm just very curious and have been out of the loop. Cheers

He might be bigger. They said he'll be one of their biggest in the line.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

it does! looks like head will have good range of motion, be able to get in the cool roaring pose like in maulfans signature hopefully. thats my only real gripe with the neca, that and the jaw/mouth not being able to open wide.

Why would SHMA take creative liberties with their sculpt? Why not use the digital files like NECA did?

Digital files....that explains the neca! And maybe even the jakks ( they use digital files on vader helmet I believe)

But so far the most faithful representations are the Neca, followed by the soft jakks,
then probably the tiny bandai from the set, then the ss statue and then the figure arts

But I will say this for Sakai's version, it is unique and I still like it though it is not entirely faithful in terms of the texture...

Honestly, Sakai's offerings are usually always his interpretations of whatever Godzilla suit he is sculpting. And that's usually what a lot of them are--interpretations using his artistic license. Some are just more accurate than others. It's kinda like my 1/80 scale 1989 Bio-Godzilla. The cat features are definitely more prevalent on it than in the actual suit I feel. But I love that sculpt--face, body and all--for what it is.

Kicking myself in the ass for not PO G2K. :gah:

Everywhere, $130.00 and up.

Must have those spines, those wonderful and beautiful spines.

Hopefully someone in this forum has one for sale.

Last edited:
Kicking myself in the ass for not PO G2K. :gah:

Everywhere, $130.00 and up.

Must have those spines, those wonderful and beautiful spines.

Hopefully someone in this forum has one for sale.

I hear you dude.

Aside from Baragon and Rodan ('65) from Revoltech, I bought me a Godzilla 2014 (NECA, although my girlfriend stole it and has it on her shelf -__- ) from TRU today and now just went back and bought Burning Godzilla MonsterArts while it's actually at a decent price.

Want a Revoltech Anguirus and Gigan but they are both near $100 and, honestly, **** that.

I got X-Plus Godzilla '62 and '03 on PO'd. Next up in NECA's 12 inch tall Godzilla 2014 (it better look frickin fab) and MonsterArts 2014. I really have to sell some things or buy new shelves.

I gotta say, I think the Monster-Arts looks the best. The neca is nice but the eyes are too big and the head is not as detailed. It looks too happy and friendly.

I agree. But im hope NECA's bigger one coming out matches the monsterarts in fierceness.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back