Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10333691_778551315497369_1505569808409054974_o.jpg

:rock

As much as I love yuji sakai's work, I don't know if his sculpterly style works as well as neca's in this case...this g has a very specific scale pattern and texture that isn't translating as well here...though it's an interesting look...but that said I still think he captures the spirit of the design (unlike the bandai creation sets , but their 3" figure is great)

It's funny, even art Adams didn't quite get 2014 godzilla in this go round either ( though his heisei and gmk G's are just perfectly on character)....it may take some getting used to, the same way artists had to get used to drawing vader to get the helmet just right...

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Sakai but this is lacking in accuracy for him, as mentioned, maybe he's not used to be exact with the skin and all, but there are distinct features to his skin missing on this figure. It has the overall look but it is off in some ways, NECA is the most accurrate as it stands.

Bloody hell, even though I'm out of SHMA and have sold all but one of my figures... it'll be really hard to resist getting a 6" G14. LOVED the movie. LOVED the new design. NEED these monsters on my shelf!

With the big difference in price this is no in no way is this better than NECA's offering. I'll get both NECA figures for about the same price as the SHMA one.

I don't think its near the worst. Derpy-eyed, slackjawed Godzilla '94, giraffe-neck biollante, godzilla 64 and his ridiculous seams. I think this one looks very good. I got to see it from more angles though. Cant velieve they only showed one pic after teasing us with three or four different pictures.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Are you all crazy? That SHMA looks fraking AWESOME!! The head is in the right proportion to the body and has a lot more detail sculpted into it. The eyes also seem to be the right size on this one. Also the tail looks better, and it will be bigger. The NECA is nice but it's head is too small and the eyes are way to big. It also is lacking in some detail around the face as well. I'm getting both, don't get me wrong, but the SHMA is a superior figure. I really love how the SHMA looks so far. Can't wait for September. Bring on the MUTOS!!

I will give SHMA that their sculpt is more detailed and sharper than NECA's figure, but as far as looking like the CGI model from the movie, it's off in some blatant areas where, despite lacking fine detail, NECA has those big details.

SHMA is an amazing figure, but it's not the best movie representation.

This sculpt rocks! It IS a little different than the CG model, but I think is looks great regardless. And as far as comparing it to NECA, well there's the obvious difference in quality, and in all the in-hand pictures I've seen of the NECA figure so far it has that cheap plastic/shiny toy look to it that's just a turn-off. SHMA is great at putting forth that extra bit of effort to 'polish' their figures. You do get what you pay for I suppose.

I will say that this pose / image conveniently hides most of the articulation gaps that make the NECA version a bitt off-putting. Thankfully on that one, the dark, mostly black paint scheme keeps the joint gaps from being too visually obnoxious. (Which to be fair can't be said for the SHMA '64 figure. One I really wanted to love but is essentially ruined by over-segmentation...)

Bloody hell, even though I'm out of SHMA and have sold all but one of my figures... it'll be really hard to resist getting a 6" G14. LOVED the movie. LOVED the new design. NEED these monsters on my shelf!

So, now I have to ask... Which SHMA did you end up keeping? :wink1:

From the blurred images, the new figure will look even better in the dynamic poses. Now I need to see NECA's 12 inch. Hopefully no wire tails.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back