Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell yeah! That's awesome. Great memories right there. :duff

I have a lot of good Godzilla related memories from my parents, they were great. The easter when the Trendmasters figures came out, I had no idea they were even made but my parents must have come accross them at the store, so when I went on my toy hunt, I was finding 4" figures of Godzilla, Rodan, Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla, all the monsters I always wished I had a figure of and they looked so much cooler than the Imperial.

Then I noticed the 10" Godzilla on the back of the packaging and had to have him. I still remember the day I got it, we were out shopping and stopped at TRU, and there he was, I was so excited, it had the motion sensor roar and all. I never had an electronic toy like him before so I had no idea there was an off switch. I loved that he roared and didn't want to not have that ability, but the whole ride he kept going off in the back seat with me, I wanted to check him out even though I couldn't take him out of the box, but because the roar kept going off, we had to cover him with my coat til we got hom and it was like an hour ride. I was really bummed :lol.

godzilla_trendmasters1.jpg

Loved the figure though, still have all my early Godzillas.

I have a lot of good Godzilla related memories from my parents, they were great. The easter when the Trendmasters figures came out, I had no idea they were even made but my parents must have come accross them at the store, so when I went on my toy hunt, I was finding 4" figures of Godzilla, Rodan, Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla, all the monsters I always wished I had a figure of and they looked so much cooler than the Imperial.

Then I noticed the 10" Godzilla on the back of the packaging and had to have him. I still remember the day I got it, we were out shopping and stopped at TRU, and there he was, I was so excited, it had the motion sensor roar and all. I never had an electronic toy like him before so I had no idea there was an off switch. I loved that he roared and didn't want to not have that ability, but the whole ride he kept going off in the back seat with me, I wanted to check him out even though I couldn't take him out of the box, but because the roar kept going off, we had to cover him with my coat til we got hom and it was like an hour ride. I was really bummed :lol.

godzilla_trendmasters1.jpg

Loved the figure though, still have all my early Godzillas.

Hahaha! That's classic!

Parent driving: "Alright! Enough already! Turn that **** off!" :rotfl

Is this an actual Godzilla toy or a knockoff? Growing up I always felt I never had a real Godzilla toy, but I did have this guy which I got at KB Toys. I wanted Godzilla to be black so bad. The green and silver on his chest annoyed the hell out of me.

Is this an actual Godzilla toy or a knockoff? Growing up I always felt I never had a real Godzilla toy, but I did have this guy which I got at KB Toys. I wanted Godzilla to be black so bad. The green and silver on his chest annoyed the hell out of me.

Haha! I had those too. Also got mine from KB Toys. I believe they were officially licensed Imperial Toys or something. The colors annoyed me as well. :D

They're legit, they didn't look like any specific Godzilla but they were licensed.

More outdoors pics on this beautiful day. Godzilla's great escape part 2

tu3yzusu.jpg

pyre4yny.jpg

u7ypa4aq.jpg

e3uqu8ug.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This was my very first Godzilla and I even had the Gigan knock off, not my photo though, I still have the Godzilla, it's so off but it's memories.

wierdness1.jpg

I don't know how old I was when I got my 6" inch Imperial, like 4, and on my 5th birthday I got the 12" one and had a Godzilla cake my mom made, I still remember how excited I was, I wanted a big Godzilla so bad, I didn't even know about the Imperial, there was this wanna be Godzilla figure the same size someone in pre-school had that I wanted so to get a legit Godzilla was even more exciting.

gz5.jpg

I used to take rocks from the yard and bury the little one in them and bust him out like when Godzilla wakes up in Godzilla vs the Sea Monster or drop the big one over the side of the couch pretending he was falling into the volcano like Godzilla '85.

The 6" was my very first godzilla toy. And very first toy I remember owning. Still have it out and on display :)

Agreed.. nothing more annoying than knowing something is not quite right with a toy, when you are a kid

I had one of these and I knew it was wrong -

Why would a robot have a human head behind a perspex visor?!.. its just not right!.. I wanted this, because it has a proper robot head -

Godzilla service resumed.. still want one of these -

Okay. Just got back from seeing the movie in IMAX 3D. IMAX nice, but no reason to see this
in 3D. Was very limited use and only enhanced the film a little.

Overall, excellent when GZ & the MUTO's are fighting. But too little of that. Also, the human
characters didn't advance the story as much as they could have. They were just a filler, too
much filler. You found yourself wanting more money shots, only to wait 20 minutes for
a partial money shot.

For that...it gets 3 out of 4 MUTO heads.

muto_head1_zpsc66e9f43.jpg

Last edited:
I agree. As a Godzilla fan im inclined to love it a bit more but rationally I agree.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Okay. Just got back from seeing the movie in IMAX 3D. IMAX nice, but no reason to see this
in 3D. Was very limited use and only enhanced the film a little.

Overall, excellent when GZ & the MUTO's are fighting. But too little of that. Also, the human
characters didn't advance the story as much as they could have. They were just a filler, too
much filler. You found yourself wanting more money shots, only to wait 20 minutes for
a partial money shot.

For that...it gets 3 out of 4 MUTO heads.

muto_head1_zpsc66e9f43.jpg

Totally agree, but when its good its great. It did bug me how Edwards kept cutting away just as it was getting good.

Back