Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just took screen shots with my iPad of his FB page in case anything weird goes down at least you will have something to go on .

is this yours ? he posted this about an hour ago

601800_122829384580448_1841371031_n.jpg

Here's Brad's response to my request. Pretty lame. I guess I'm leaving the X-Plus facebook group.

Hi Benjamin. I understand you're upset but I'm not willing to kick this new member for that reason alone, which is why I've left him in the group and am watching his activity. If that isn't to your liking, then you are free to take whatever action you deem necessary to give yourself piece of mind. IF he were to post additional pictures, I or someone on the group could reach out to you to verify they're not yours. If they are, then he would be immediately removed. I believe in second chances, which is what I'm doing here but another misstep and he's gone.

Yeah. I can get my X-Plus info without dealing with that bs. I've been a member there almost since the beginning, though. Kind of bums one out.

I was a member of that group but left after awhile. I figured there was no point since I don't own a single x-plus figure.

Yeah. I can get my X-Plus info without dealing with that bs. I've been a member there almost since the beginning, though. Kind of bums one out.

I don't know if you jumped ship yet , but you do have all kinds of support in the group. turns out that 84 is not his picture either. you should go back and at least check it out.

It's your choice to stay or go, but the sad reality is any photo you post that is publicly accessible is likely to be stolen or misrepresented at some point, it's happened to me from posting here. You could add a watermark to the photos but otherwise there's no stopping it. I'm sure shots of mine are out on sites I don't know about with no credit to me, that's just the Internet.

It's your choice to stay or go, but the sad reality is any photo you post that is publicly accessible is likely to be stolen or misrepresented at some point, it's happened to me from posting here. You could add a watermark to the photos but otherwise there's no stopping it. I'm sure shots of mine are out on sites I don't know about with no credit to me, that's just the Internet.

I've seen a lot of peoples shots posted here, show up on ebay for other peoples auctions. Bad form.

I've seen a lot of peoples shots posted here, show up on ebay for other peoples auctions. Bad form.

It sucks, and I hate watermarks cuz it ruins the image but if you just put your name on an edge of the shot that can be cropped out. I made peace with it though, I'd rather have fun and share the photos than not, it's not like anyone makes money or anything off my efforts, and it can ultimately bite people in the ***, like eBay, why use a collect ot's photo, the buyer can complain and make your life hell when the received item doesn't look just like the shot.

I don't know if you jumped ship yet , but you do have all kinds of support in the group. turns out that 84 is not his picture either. you should go back and at least check it out.

I left the group last night. I kind of wish I could see them giving him a hard time about that 84 not being his as well. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to see the posts anyway since he blocked me on facebook for calling him out on the group page.

I actually just got a message from Brad again. He says that the guy left the group, but he thinks he just joined again with a new account. Brad says that hopefully he's learned his lesson now. I really don't understand why he's so protective of this jerk.

The people on ebay using your pics to sell their stuff stinks, but at least it makes logical sense, even if it's wrong. I'm just pissed that this guy posted my collection on a collector's community and said it was his. It's ludicrous and I have trouble understanding what anyone would gain from doing it.

I left the group last night. I kind of wish I could see them giving him a hard time about that 84 not being his as well. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to see the posts anyway since he blocked me on facebook for calling him out on the group page.

I actually just got a message from Brad again. He says that the guy left the group, but he thinks he just joined again with a new account. Brad says that hopefully he's learned his lesson now. I really don't understand why he's so protective of this jerk.

The people on ebay using your pics to sell their stuff stinks, but at least it makes logical sense, even if it's wrong. I'm just pissed that this guy posted my collection on a collector's community and said it was his. It's ludicrous and I have trouble understanding what anyone would gain from doing it.

actually you can see it , The 84 comments were posted on your goodbye thread . the only reason for someone to use pics of a collection that is not theirs is to rip someone off down the road who thinks you have something they want.

actually you can see it , The 84 comments were posted on your goodbye thread . the only reason for someone to use pics of a collection that is not theirs is to rip someone off down the road who thinks you have something they want.

Since I'm gone, I can't see any posts. Somebody from the group messaged me and said the guy got banned again for posting somebody else's collection under a new account. I'm debating if I should rejoin.

I'm thinking it's a good indication since those are the X-Plus sculpts. It'll be a good time for people to jump into the X-Plus scene if they do release all of those over here. I saw that Sanda was listed there. I'll be pretty happy if they re-release him since I missed the Gargantuas.

Looks like some of that nonsense was cleared up over on the FB page.

I noticed someone posted this, is this indicating which X-plus figures are getting re-releases?! I see Hedorah :blissy

317491_10151368151186583_1006678429_n.jpg

Hm The pic with Godzilla's back looks like the promotional art for the movie a while back. Is this indicating that collectibles will be made for that movie?:panic:

Hm The pic with Godzilla's back looks like the promotional art for the movie a while back. Is this indicating that collectibles will be made for that movie?:panic:

That's just the cover art for the Criterion collection blu-ray. I have that blu-ray actually.

Back