Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some new stuff on display at Toy Fair.

Diamond Banks

godzilla_diamond_select_toys_01.jpg

godzilla_diamond_select_toys_02.jpg

Diamond Minimates

1780621_10152013338783095_356649363_n.jpg

S.H. Monsterarts Godzilla 2014 Confirmation

1779288_10151969550256139_335731059_n.jpg

Go, go, go NECA Godzilla! :D

'84 G by NECA= grail fig. I'll probably buy every version they put out.

For a cheap alternative to the figurearts the Neca ain't bad. But its an easy pass since I already have a superior 94 in my collection in pretty much the same scale. The '84 is intriguing and ill be hugely impressed if Neca can replicate its face because it is a hard toy to create. If Neca hits a homerun with '84 ill buy that one.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The '94 is kind of stylized with the blue color scheme and softer look. I like it. He reminds me of some of the vinyl Godzilla toys from my childhood. I'm sure I'll pick him up when I see him at Toys R Us.

Now will NECA's be to scale with the Pac Rim stuff or a little smaller (6")? I hope they're to scale!

For a cheap alternative to the figurearts the Neca ain't bad. But its an easy pass since I already have a superior 94 in my collection in pretty much the same scale. The '84 is intriguing and ill be hugely impressed if Neca can replicate its face because it is a hard toy to create. If Neca hits a homerun with '84 ill buy that one.

By superior, I'm assuming you mean the SH MonsterArts? I'd have to agree based on the picture. What's with the translucent plastic, anyways? They don't choose to use it on human figures that would look better with it, but they choose to use it on what's essentially a rubber suit... It looks a bit strange. I find I'm preferring the SH sculpt as well, though the Japanese have the advantage on reference material I imagine.

I'll cross my fingers that the '84 looks good, but based on this I'm not too prematurely excited.

From TohoKingdom:

Product info
Godzilla Classic Series 1 – 12+ inches head to tail, 6+ inches

Includes 2 versions of Godzilla:
Godzilla 1985
Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla

Over 6" tall, head-to-tail measurement over 12" long, 30+ points of articulation
No specific store list - some brick and mortar, some online. Release in July.

The new look has really grown on me. Even his petite feet aren't so bothersome any more. Of course if I'd designed him he'd have bigger, knarled spines, lots of big teeth and feet the size of a football field. He'd also be 500 feet tall cuz I'm a 37 year old 11 year old. Heh.

Why do the JAKKS and NECA figures look like his tail doesn't touch the ground when he's standing, seems weird if that's how he is in the movie, why have it hovering around.

Why do the JAKKS and NECA figures look like his tail doesn't touch the ground when he's standing, seems weird if that's how he is in the movie, why have it hovering around.

Probably because it'll be a whip and one of his main weapons.

By superior, I'm assuming you mean the SH MonsterArts? I'd have to agree based on the picture. What's with the translucent plastic, anyways? They don't choose to use it on human figures that would look better with it, but they choose to use it on what's essentially a rubber suit... It looks a bit strange. I find I'm preferring the SH sculpt as well, though the Japanese have the advantage on reference material I imagine.

I'll cross my fingers that the '84 looks good, but based on this I'm not too prematurely excited.

From TohoKingdom:

Product info
Godzilla Classic Series 1 – 12+ inches head to tail, 6+ inches

Includes 2 versions of Godzilla:
Godzilla 1985
Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla

Over 6" tall, head-to-tail measurement over 12" long, 30+ points of articulation
No specific store list - some brick and mortar, some online. Release in July.

Correct, that is exactly what I mean. I just don't think it'll look very nice on a shelf next to the SHMA version. Kind of bizarre to start with the same one Tamashi started with, though I guess if one had to guess what the "generic" Godzilla design was, most people would probably guess Hesei Godzilla.

The sculpt of NECA's '14 looks promising.

They may have chosen a suit SHMA did also to have direct comparisons to sell their similar level of articulation at lesser cost, but lesser cost also seems to get a less authentic figure.

What do you guys think of the Diamond bank ones? For the price and how it looks in that photo I think I might get one now. On the end was that also a bank of the Burning Godzilla?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

For $20, the Diamond banks are a deal, though they cheaped out and just painted the burning Godzilla design on the '89 sculpt, they're similar but '95 is much bulkier compared to '89 in the movies. Ghidorah bank looks nice, I think they're working on '74 Mechagodzilla one too.

Hi-Res NECA

NECA_Godzilla_1994.jpg

Seems like their paint's fine, the whole figure looks cast in a translucent plastic which really doesn't make sense, I don't get why, unless that's just the proto and production will differ.

Just ordered Series 1 of the Classics. So pumped for them! I have 2 SH Monster Arts Godzilla's and these will look good next to them. 84 and 94. Hell yes I can't wait to see what more Neca does with this license!

Back