Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NECA Toy Fair Banner.

BgfXa8wIUAAYn2t.jpg:large

Quick question for you guys. I recently started collecting the X-Plus 30cm Godzilla figures like shown in my vids, but I notice that the boxes are huge and not much going on except having the picture in the front. With Hot Toys, SS and so on, the box is just as important to save as the figure itself. Would you say the same goes for these X-Plus figures as well? The boxes take up a lot of room and I am trying to decide whether to save them or not. I also considered flattening them.

Any piece with a box is worth more to sell later with it, and it's hard to say how much impact not having it would have, right now, X-Plus is so in demand, you could probably still fetch a good price even without the box, but depending on when you'd want to sell, who can say what demand will be like.

Any piece with a box is worth more to sell later with it, and it's hard to say how much impact not having it would have, right now, X-Plus is so in demand, you could probably still fetch a good price even without the box, but depending on when you'd want to sell, who can say what demand will be like.

Thanks!! It is unbelievable what the secondary market is on these guys right now!! To be fair, I buy things to keep and not with the intention to make money. However I always keep that factor in the back of my mind in case I need to at times. After a while these boxes start taking up more space then the collection itself. :lol

I keep the X-Plus boxes and yes, they take up a ton of room. At some point, I might throw them away. I don't think I'll ever sell them.

I keep the X-Plus boxes and yes, they take up a ton of room. At some point, I might throw them away. I don't think I'll ever sell them.

I may do the same thing or like I mentioned...I may try to flatten them. It looks like it could be done fairly easily without ruining it. Then if I sell any in the future, I can reshape them back.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm really looking forward to all the Godzilla stuff from Toyfair. I hope Neca will do some Godzilla foes for the classic line.

Question? Will the neca godzilla figures be released with the other figures or do we have to wait til after the movie to get them?

I'm really looking forward to all the Godzilla stuff from Toyfair. I hope Neca will do some Godzilla foes for the classic line.

I check figures.com for Toy Fair coverage. They posted some things already.

Quick question for you guys. I recently started collecting the X-Plus 30cm Godzilla figures like shown in my vids, but I notice that the boxes are huge and not much going on except having the picture in the front. With Hot Toys, SS and so on, the box is just as important to save as the figure itself. Would you say the same goes for these X-Plus figures as well? The boxes take up a lot of room and I am trying to decide whether to save them or not. I also considered flattening them.

I always save my boxes. And you're right, they do take up too much room.

Bandai press release.

image.jpg

Though Bandai of America has yet to make official images of the Godzilla 2014 film product available, they have circulated their official press release concerning the line just as New York Toyfair gets under way! Godzilla 2014 toy line highlights inlcude:

Godzilla 2014 Movie Atomic Roar™ Action Figure
With collector-level detailing, this large scale figure brings the re-imagined Godzilla to life as he blasts his powerful “atomic breath” and lets out his iconic roar! Figure measures approximately 10” tall, and features authentic sounds and “atomic breath” action.
SRP $34.99
Godzilla 2014 Movie Destruction City™
Bring the excitement of Legendary Pictures’ Godzilla home with this deluxe “Destruction Pack.” Set includes two figures, including Godzilla, plus three (3) destructible buildings & bridge, and five (5) military vehicles.
SRP $19.99

Godzilla 2014 Movie Fighting Figures
Control Godzilla with these Fighting Figures! Choose from “Tail-Strike™” Godzilla with swinging tail manipulated via a chest control, or “Smash Strike™” Godzilla, whose devastating upper body attacks are activated through an upper-tail control lever!
SRP $14.99

Godzilla 2014 Pack Of Destruction™
Bring home the excitement of the all-new Godzilla movie! Your epic monster battles are sure to crumble cities and bring in the Air Force! Each pack features one (1) figure, one (1) destructible building, and one (1) military aircraft. Exclusive figure is only available in this assortment.
SRP $8.99

Godzilla 2014 Movie Figure 2-Packs
Godzilla takes on an anime look with these highly collectible chibi-style figures! Two different 2-Packs available, each includes Godzilla in a different pose.
SRP $6.99

Back