Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, it's crazy that NECA was able to manage that. Bandai traditionally has had a stranglehold on all things Godzilla and trying to get a merchandise license from Toho is supposed to be really tough.

For less than the price of 1 Hot Toys figure you could get a NECA figure of every suit if they did it. Wonder if NECA will do atomic ray effects like SHMA, apparently that's really popular in the west but Bandai cares more about the east so they stopped including them. I think Toho and maybe even Bandai realize that there's a western market but it needs domestic product, imports price them out.

It's great news, NECA will no doubt deliver the best $18 Godzilla's you could ask for. My hope is to see '54, '84, '89, '95 and '99. I'd like 2001 as well but accurate figures depict that weird hump look to the back of his neck and I would rather a figure with artistic license there.

The NECA 18" is a lock for me and if the Jakks 2 & 1/2 footer looks that good in person, I'll probably buy 2. :D

By "calves" I didn't mean offspring, I just think it would help with the cankles to have some more muscle on the back of his lower legs. Hopefully he won't have any young calves i.e. Godzuki.

image.jpg

I'm excited to see the classics, curious how nice they'll be and which suits they'll do, would think 54 for the 60th anniversary.

Oh man I hope NECA does some classic 18" Godzillas! Particularly '84, '89 and GMK versions. :D

Hadn't thought of 18" classics, but with the right sculpt, it'd kill me not to get '54, '84 or '89.

I'd love a 12" '84 or '89 too, I already have a great 11" '54 NECA will never top.

I have not a one Godzilla in my collection. Can't afford any of the few I'd love to have! :D

It would be nice if they could give Xplus a run for its money at a fraction of the cost.

The only question on that for me is sculpts, I haven't found XPlus paint anything special that NECA couldn't do, but who knows what the NECA sculpts will look like. The other piece is articulation, how much will there be and how will it look. I think NECA will end up a cost effective
competitor for Monsterarts more than XPlus.

Back