Go Hero ROCKETMAN 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That series, of course, would be Zombies of the Stratosphere starring Judd Holdren as Larry Martin (and introducing Leonard Nimoy).

View attachment 95724

I'm looking for a head that could pass for Judd, can't seem to find one, will keep looking.

And thanks again, KoK, for such a great review, must say Your guy looks pretty impressive on the shelf -- certainly better than hoping to find a custom all these years and seeing ones like this (no offense to the customizer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCXF4JjrTuQ

A for effort? It's interesting with a pretty good resource for images that you'd shape the helmet quite like that. But really, no question, he does deserve that A. And It makes me even happier seeing this custom that we have access to the Go-Hero figure. Pretty fantastic for what is a pretty limited interest subject in 1/6th.

And a Republic robot would be neat. But as I said, my collecting is massively downsized from a few years back and I'm thrilled for a Rocketman. Tris Coffin was the version I was hoping for but since I won't be displaying him with the helmet off this is fine. And you do get a bunch of cool accessories that "The King of the Rocketmen" wouldn't have had and I'm certainly good with that.

PJAM: I found an Alec Baldwin at Justice Fighters for $9.99! Nude Dragon Figure #18 - Justice Fighters

You're awesome Jay, that might work (with repaint). I guess I could replace the bodies but prefer the phicen body as it was designed for this figure. Will that Baldwin head work with this phicen body/neck?

Pic by Kuat
19165538639_95bda87d74_o.jpg

That's OK - you'll get my bill in the mail! Seriously though, I looked all over the internet but I couldn't find a Phicen Male Nude for sale. Where do you plan to buy one? When my Rocketman Figure finally arrives (It's currently in the Pre-Order Twilight Zone!) that will be the first Phicen Figure that I own, so I'm not really sure how the Head fits on. I did see the Stan Lee Figure, & that one looks it has a Dragon Neck; you would just need an adapter on the bottom, but I don't know if all Phicen Male Bodies are like that. Keep in mind that whichever body you buy, you'll be using a Head with a long neck. By the way, I did see another possible Head, that of Aaron Eckhart with his hair combed back. Head Play 1 6 Scale Aaron Eckhart Head Sculpt in Stock | eBay

Haha. Yeah, I did scour ebay for heads months ago and found nothing but you suggesting a Baldwin head was spot on! We'll see what happens. I need to get this thing in hand to determine just what can be done as this outfit and especially helmet design and fit will be big factors.

You'd need to remove the "Baldwin" sculpts neck... but that's easy to do on Dragon heads as they are thin walled. Easiest way is to dip the head in boiling water, then remove and shave it down with an exacto knife. If you want the head to actually stay on the body you'd need to partially fill the head with a 2 part epoxy and permanently seat a ball joint in there.

Thanks, GB. Yeah serious head mod, repaint, etc but it might work.

Prolly need to find someone who can do both. In the meantime, really looking forward to having this figure on the shelf, it definitely stands out as an iconic and unique retro sci fi action figure.

Thanks, GB. Yeah serious head mod, repaint, etc but it might work.

Prolly need to find someone who can do both. In the meantime, really looking forward to having this figure on the shelf, it definitely stands out as an iconic and unique retro sci fi action figure.

I definitely think it would work... and not the worst of mods, hardest part is the paint work. The mod to the head is pretty simple.

Stan Lee Head.jpg

This is the Phicen Stan Lee Head. The neck looks like a Dragon Neck. I don't know if ALL Phicen Heads are like this, though. I've emailed Phicen about that but they haven't gotten back to me yet. If they are, then this MIGHT work with The Rocketman, but like you said, you won't know for sure until you get the figure.

The body posted by Kuat looks like a fixed neck, so whatever Phicen is using for Lee it at least has a different neck.

Last edited:
Looks good, KoK! I wonder if magnets would work, I have magnetic tape that might do the job.

And thanks again guys for your help. It's nice to know doing a Judd Holdren can be done. I'm starting to think I might use a Hot Toys Henry Cavill head as a placesetter -- the helmet will be on most of the time anyway. We'll see...

Now, if I can only get my hands on this guy.

Last edited:
Kuat, since you seem to be the only one who actually has Rocketman in hand, I just thought of something. Does that Long Neck pop out? If it does, then you could put an Adapter on the bottom of a Dragon Head & pop it in. No cutting necessary! :clap

Thanks Jay. I'm thinking of using a HT Henry Cavilll head as a placesetter and belive it might look better with the helmet on than the Wallace -- I'll pose this with the helmet on most of the time anyway. We'll see...

That's a great image of George Reeves. Who knows, maybe HT will do a Tribute Figure of him. Instant purchase.

Yeah, I think the Cavill head will d, it'll pop right on no fuss. Done. And I think it'll especially look decent with the helmet on, at least to the point where I can fool myself into thinking it's Judd Holdren as Larry Martin. I'll post pics...

Btw, I believe Holdren was the first Commando Cody to wear that radio we get with this figure. Someone correct me if 'm wrong.

George Reeves Head.jpg

Actually, there was a company called Classic Plastick that had a GREAT George Reeves Sculpt; unfortunately they're out of business! But, if the guy still has the above Sculpt he can now 3D Print George. Jeepers!

Back